Capacitor

Dec 8, 2017
Since I developed a new version of the Linux installer, I'll try again, maybe this time some moderator will see my post and update the OP.
Linux instructions have to be updated, the old installer is slightly bugged and the installation process has been simplified a lot:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I also removed the old installer linked in the OP, as an incentive.
The good news is, the link I provided in the spoiler is a link to a MEGA directory, so it won't be necessary to edit the OP every time I come up with a new version, but only when the installation process changes drastically (and honestly I don't see how it can get any simpler than that, so I won't be asking any time soon).

Chameleo

May 20, 2017
Is there a way to transfer the removed characters into the game from the files of older version? I don't mind if they are never finished, but it would be cool to just have them around.

Reactions: Dave3518

rook

Aug 9, 2016
I suspect they'll add some back in at some point, hopefully after they flesh out some of the girls they already have. Some of the girls that are still in (the twins) are bugged since they removed a minor character (the lifeguard) whose introductory event introduces all 3 of them simultaneously.

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Is there a way to transfer the removed characters into the game from the files of older version? I don't mind if they are never finished, but it would be cool to just have them around.
You can reactivate them by opening data/config.xml and look for the list of characters line ~30.

Replace <!-- Chan-Mei <waitressA /> -->
By <!-- Chan-Mei --> <waitressA />

And same for the other 6 girls (Except Ikue and Ayumi's sisters who don't exist at all, just some left over of some previous plan)

Reactions: Hamburg21073

rook

Aug 9, 2016
You can reactivate them by opening data/config.xml and look for the list of characters line ~30.

And same for the other 6 girls (Except Ikue and Ayumi's sisters who don't exist at all, just some left over of some previous plan)
Are you going to put Wakana back in or are you going to rewrite the Twins intro?

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
rook: Even with Wakana out of the game, we can still have her appear in the current intro scene. She just won't be added as a playable character.
I forgot to move the intro scene to the twins file, it's still inside Wakana's file which is why it does not load anymore. I'll fix it in 0.44.

Reactions: Rakja

Chameleo

May 20, 2017

Thanks, that works!

Lonewolf007

Jul 15, 2018
The dev is taking some of the lady's out of the game ummmm WHY:unsure: ???? I am hopping that the dev still plans to add there routes for them into the game

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave3518

cklaubur

Apr 2, 2018
The dev is taking some of the lady's out of the game ummmm WHY:unsure: ???? I am hopping that the dev still plans to add there routes for them into the game
My guess would be to try to trim down what needs to be done in the game from their perspective. The ones being removed have very little content, from what I understand. I haven't actually played the game in a while.

Lonewolf007

Jul 15, 2018
My guess would be to try to trim down what needs to be done in the game from their perspective. The ones being removed have very little content, from what I understand. I haven't actually played the game in a while.
Again why ? Some of us were Really hopping for that content to be added. Dev add them back in and add there content sooner or later don't repeat what the dev of man of the house did witch is add most of the content he say'd himself that he would add an all the lady's in phone would have there then he changed his mind tower'd the end of the project and started a new game after i had already been a patrion for and asked him about those exact same routes themselves . So know it makes me wounder if he's going to do the same with his new game's just becouse he gets bored with them just like he did with the game man of the house . So you see the pattern This is why I am worried about becoming a patrion for the game until i get confirmation from the dev that the content will still be add sooner or later with no plans to change that .

Last edited:

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Again why ? Some of us were Really hopping for that content to be added. Dev add them back in and add there content sooner or later don't repeat what the dev of man of the house did witch is add most of the content he say'd himself that he would add an all the lady's in phone would have there then he changed his mind tower'd the end of the project and started a new game after i had already been a patrion for and asked him about those exact same routes themselves . So know it makes me wounder if he's going to do the same with his new game's just becouse he gets bored with them just like he did with the game man of the house . So you see the pattern This is why I am worried about becoming a patrion for the game until i get confirmation from the dev that the content will still be add sooner or later with no plans to change that .
The reasons for this removal have already been detailed several times in this thread so I'm gonna write the short version here.
I want to speed up the release of Glassix v1.0 to consider the game complete and switch to a new game. At the current pace, it'll take 2 years to implement all the remaining girls, not counting the girls removed. If you count the removed girls, it would take about 5 years. I don't want to spend 5 more years on Glassix which has already been going on for almost 4 years now, graphics are getting quite outdated and the support was stagnating (now dropping but it's a loss I have to take if I want to move forward). However, once v1.0 is out, I'll check with my patrons if they really want to re-add the removed girls or simply switch to a new game which I'll have revealed by then and might be more interesting than Glassix.
I'm not planning to leave Glassix unfinished and this is exactly why I remove some girls with little content, to speed up and release a proper v1.0 version. Those removed girls were chosen by my patrons so only the most popular ones for my patrons remain.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Also keep in mind that this "removal" isn't necessarily taking them out of the game, just making them background characters that won't get stats like the girls that remain, even if the patrons say not to add the removed girls back in. The removed girls may still make an appearance, they just won't be roaming around or corruptible. Is that about right, Daedolon?

Lonewolf007

Jul 15, 2018
Also keep in mind that this "removal" isn't necessarily taking them out of the game, just making them background characters that won't get stats like the girls that remain, even if the patrons say not to add the removed girls back in. The removed girls may still make an appearance, they just won't be roaming around or corruptible. Is that about right, Daedolon?
Well he took the lady's out becouse of other patrions vote on keeping other lady's and getting rid of others I was really hopping he would have kept the nurse route but he didn't so I will not support dev he talked his own-self out of a patrion by the time I got done talking to the dev . why add the lady's in then delete them known some people were waiting for that content If he was not going to add there content is beyond my understanding I think as long as hes getting payed to make the game going he could have kept adding new content for the charters[smart plan] until they all had content instead the dev is cutting them out instead [dumb idea] his actions are not logical to me . If he is board with the game hand it over to some else who has the skills to Finnish the routes the dev did not add Like he should have done .

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Well he took the lady's out becouse of other patrions vote on keeping other lady's and getting rid of others I was really hopping he would have kept the nurse route but he didn't so I will not support dev he talked his own-self out of a patrion by the time I got done talking to the dev . why add the lady's in then delete them known some people were waiting for that content If he was not going to add there content is beyond my understanding I think as long as hes getting payed to make the game going he could have kept adding new content for the charters[smart plan] until they all had content instead the dev is cutting them out instead [dumb idea] his actions are not logical to me . If he is board with the game hand it over to some else who has the skills to Finnish the routes the dev did not add Like he should have done .
When he added them, he intended to complete them. Then he realized how long that would take and asked his patrons if they were alright with cutting some of the girls with the least work done. He's basically getting burnt out on this game and there are only two ways that will go. The first is that he drops the game before it gets completed and the second is that content quality starts dropping drastically so he can speed up development. We may have gotten the content, but it would not have been as good due to his desire to get to the end of development. It would have been rushed and that is just as bad if not worse than just cutting characters with no real impact. Also, if I understood correctly, the only thing that was cut was the ability to corrupt them and see them outside other events. For example, we'll probably still see Miwa, the nurse, just not outside other character's events.

Lonewolf007

Jul 15, 2018
When he added them, he intended to complete them. Then he realized how long that would take and asked his patrons if they were alright with cutting some of the girls with the least work done. He's basically getting burnt out on this game and there are only two ways that will go. The first is that he drops the game before it gets completed and the second is that content quality starts dropping drastically so he can speed up development. We may have gotten the content, but it would not have been as good due to his desire to get to the end of development. It would have been rushed and that is just as bad if not worse than just cutting characters with no real impact. Also, if I understood correctly, the only thing that was cut was the ability to corrupt them and see them outside other events. For example, we'll probably still see Miwa, the nurse, just not outside other character's events.
Or better yet Miwa the nurse could just be corrupted during one of the other lady's route's this way it saves time Everyone wins everyone's happy it would not be the first time in this game that that was done the two school friends the m.c go goes to school with did the that exact same thing and it worked or something slightly different SO why cant he do the same with the nurse ?

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Or better yet Miwa the nurse could just be corrupted during one of the other lady's route's this way it saves time Everyone wins everyone's happy it would not be the first time in this game that that was done the two school friends the m.c go goes to school with did the that exact same thing and it worked or something slightly different SO why cant he do the same with the nurse ?
Both are fully implemented girls, Miwa will not be unless the patrons agree with adding the removed girls back later. At best, we will see her in scenes as a character that only appears there, like the mayor or the wheelchair guy in Marylin's scenes, if the patrons say no.

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Yes, they can still make an appearance but we're going to change few things here and there to limit their appearances to avoid confusion.

I first started to work alone on Glassix and added 10 girls which I completed. A few months after launch, a player who enjoyed the game offered to help me and he added all the extra girls. At that time, the game was still manageable and he could release 2 obedience levels per month so the speed was double what it is now. The problem came little by little as we added more options. What you need to understand is that Glassix is different from other games in that when we add a new command, we want to add it to ALL the girls. So each time we added 1 small command or on a small feature, we had to multiply the time it took to complete 1 girl. A good example is the wardrobe feature, we added new outfits for ALL girls and we're still not done totally on this side because each command needs to have its own outfits images. That's hundreds of images to complete.
Due to that, CarpeNoctem is only able to deliver 1 obedience level per month.
We did plan to complete everything at first but we are human and human make mistakes and now this plan would be way too long to complete with just the both of us. We didn't think that far we added all those girls so we changed plan to have a more realistic goal. I understand you like the nurse but it's your opinion vs my 380 patrons who voted. Do you expect me to tell them "Sorry guys, there's this guy on F95 who wants Miwa so I'm going to remove one of the girls you voted for and put Miwa back, disregarding your opinion even though you guys were kind enough to support me."? Come on...

Moreover, I already said multiple time before, if anybody wants to work on those girls, they are more than welcome. I can send the required tools and knowledge to work on those girls if requested. So far, nobody was interested so don't expect too much on this side. Glassix is a huge game and has a lot of content even for 1 girl.

Finally, I'll just have to say that saying things like "There is no Miwa now so don't expect my support" is really... I mean, I try to be understanding with all my players requests but those kind of things is kinda disappointing (not to say annoying) to read. I mean, there are HOURS of content in Glassix but because of one thing you disliked, you disregard all the other work put into the game. Really? I'd rather avoid having patrons who can't be objective about things, moreover when those things have been planned beforehand. All my Patreon posts are public (except the few teaser images containing no crucial info), so if you really enjoyed the game as you said, you would have at least follow my Patreon (which cost you nothing) and would have known about this change a few month back and then complain about it back then rather than after. It makes me think about the Brexit where a lot of youngsters complained about the result because they didn't even care to go voting and only reacted after the vote was not in their favor...

On that said, I hope you'll find another game which can satisfy your wishes. If you find somebody who wants to work on the removed girls, he/she is more than welcomed.

Have a nice day!

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 65 Votes