Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
You should also be able to donate money in the church to reduce suspicion. And I think there's a spell to reduce suspicion gain.
Forgot about the Church donation system. But I didn't forget about the spell; it's called Devil's Deceit iirc.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Well, the request I made for greater Compression Request visibility 9 days ago has not received any moderator attention.
But what else did I expect?

I also wonder what software compressors use.

Last edited:

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
Well, the request I made for greater Compression Request visibility 9 days ago has not received any moderator attention.
But what else did I expect?

I also wonder what software compressors use.
Probably because this has been brought up before. Many times. Try searching the thread to find out...

[EDIT] My apologies. I mixed up my threads. This thread is the one where you can't make a Mac version of the game. I though this was the thread where compression broke the game.

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
Probably because this has been brought up before. Many times. Try searching the thread to find out...

[EDIT] My apologies. I mixed up my threads. This thread is the one where you can't make a Mac version of the game. I though this was the thread where compression broke the game.
There have been compressed versions make b4. ---& *YES*, they worked just fine.

I'd gladly help make 1 myself, if I knew what to do

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
I would too, if I knew what programs they use.
Part of the problem is Glassix isn't standard Renpy; I've done some stuff b4 but they were for HTML/Renpy.
Not even sure who made last compressed Ver [There was a .70 Compressed]
When you have/track/support [etc] *MANY* VNs, sooner or later you have to delete stuff, & those that take up the most space R the biggest problems.
+
Too many "updates" & all it takes is *ONE* problem somewhere, & you'll have *NO IDEA* which update or how to fix it! Much much better to have a recent Ver you can just Reinstall.
Large programs make this even worse.

Some of the recent changes ["possession" etc] some of us don't even need.
BUGFIXES R important tho

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I would too, if I knew what programs they use.
Since you're interested in the topic, I've created a lightweight compression script based on PHP and ImageMagick which I've smartly named "PHP ImageMagick Image Compressor" or PIIC for short :D

If you want to compress Glassix images, cut/paste the "scenes" folder from the game inside the "images_original" folder of PIIC then double click compress.bat and wait. Might take 1 or more hours to compress everything with the amount of images though... Then put the "scenes" folder from "images_compressed" back in Glassix folder. You could even compress the "characters" folder too while you're are it.
Check the Readme.txt file for more info if needed.

Part of the problem is Glassix isn't standard Renpy; I've done some stuff b4 but they were for HTML/Renpy.
Not even sure who made last compressed Ver [There was a .70 Compressed]
When you have/track/support [etc] *MANY* VNs, sooner or later you have to delete stuff, & those that take up the most space R the biggest problems.
+
Too many "updates" & all it takes is *ONE* problem somewhere, & you'll have *NO IDEA* which update or how to fix it! Much much better to have a recent Ver you can just Reinstall.
Large programs make this even worse.

Some of the recent changes ["possession" etc] some of us don't even need.
BUGFIXES R important tho
Renpy? The engine which forces you to redownload 100% of the game with each update?
Also there's a huge confusion on your part here. You can use the previous compression versions and apply the Glassix patch on them too... All Glassix images are located in an EXTERNAL folder which would only be overwritten when you overwrite the folder with the full version. If you apply the patch, only the new images from the patch will be uncompressed while the compressed images will remain valid... I don't see the problem here. And if you want to keep a full compressed version even from the patch, simply compress the images inside the patch "scenes" folder and you're done. Pretty easy compared to Renpy.

As for your comment about possession spell, it makes even less sense. So according to you, because "some of you" don't like the possession spell, I shouldn't have added it? Based on that, I should also remove all the younger girls if I also follow Leeroy Boy ™ preferences. And what about players who don't like milf? Let's remove them too!
How many girls do we have left?

While we're on the topic of the possession spell, I'm afraid the way this spell has been implemented was due to 2D restrictions. When you think about possession, you think about fully controlling the girls, which would technically be possible in Glassix. But then, if you want some girls on girls action using the possession spell, you'd need to create image for each girl getting kinky with each other girls, and this for each lesbian position you want to implement, multiply that by the number of outfits per girls if you want to keep functionality. Which is why we went with a single scene instead.

But Glassix 2 being 3D will overcome this restriction and give full access to the puppet. And not only for sexual stuff. The goal with Glassix was to have a simulation with "What would you do if you had magic spell in real life?" in mind. And most men would go for easy sex. Glassix 2 follows this logic and push it further since you'll be able to change job and have a career, meaning you'll be able to use the possession spell to either fuck up a rival for promotion or use girl to seduce your boss for easy promotion.

Funny. Why they need to lie the age of the characters, can't use the same old excuse of ''it's just a game, the characters are not real''? Some characters are clearly underage. Rule 7 was trully made by hypocrites
Never seen a 20 years old girl looking like a 14 years old? They do exist. The idea is not to promote pedophilia but to broaden the range of taste in a legal way. Looking young shouldn't prevent you from having sex if you are old enough. Or are you insinuating that you'd have sex with a 14 years old girl if she looked like she was 20?
As long as the young looking girl doesn't behave like an underage girl, I think it's ok. But I do agree with you Kana and Ayane do behave a little too much innocent regarding sexual stuff. But again, that can also happen in real life too even for older girls...

does anyone have a working link of the character cards

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Since you're interested in the topic, I've created a lightweight compression script based on PHP and ImageMagick which I've smartly named "PHP ImageMagick Image Compressor" or PIIC for short
Thanks for sharing you image compression script, another option is always handy.
Renpy? The engine which forces you to redownload 100% of the game with each update?
Ren'Py doesn't force you to redownload 100% of the game with each update? Several Ren'Py games I follow have optional update patches, and I've built unofficial ones a few times. It's more work though, which is presumably why lots of devs don't do it.

Not that Ren'Py would offer any particular advantages for this game, and I've always appreciated the update patches you offer.

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Ren'Py doesn't force you to redownload 100% of the game with each update? Several Ren'Py games I follow have optional update patches, and I've built unofficial ones a few times. It's more work though, which is presumably why lots of devs don't do it.

Not that Ren'Py would offer any particular advantages for this game, and I've always appreciated the update patches you offer.
Oh, I never saw a Renpy game offer a patch so I assumed it didn't offer the functionality. My bad then :x

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Since you're interested in the topic, I've created a lightweight compression script based on PHP and ImageMagick which I've smartly named "PHP ImageMagick Image Compressor" or PIIC for short :D

If you want to compress Glassix images, cut/paste the "scenes" folder from the game inside the "images_original" folder of PIIC then double click compress.bat and wait. Might take 1 or more hours to compress everything with the amount of images though... Then put the "scenes" folder from "images_compressed" back in Glassix folder. You could even compress the "characters" folder too while you're are it.
Thanks, this is appreciated. (y)

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020

Also there's a huge confusion on your part here. You can use the previous compression versions and apply the Glassix patch on them too... All Glassix images are located in an EXTERNAL folder which would only be overwritten when you overwrite the folder with the full version. If you apply the patch, only the new images from the patch will be uncompressed while the compressed images will remain valid... I don't see the problem here. And if you want to keep a full compressed version even from the patch, simply compress the images inside the patch "scenes" folder and you're done. Pretty easy compared to Renpy.

As for your comment about possession spell, it makes even less sense. So according to you, because "some of you" don't like the possession spell, I shouldn't have added it? Based on that, I should also remove all the younger girls if I also follow Leeroy Boy ™ preferences. And what about players who don't like milf? Let's remove them too!
How many girls do we have left?

While we're on the topic of the possession spell, I'm afraid the way this spell has been implemented was due to 2D restrictions. When you think about possession, you think about fully controlling the girls, which would technically be possible in Glassix. But then, if you want some girls on girls action using the possession spell, you'd need to create image for each girl getting kinky with each other girls, and this for each lesbian position you want to implement, multiply that by the number of outfits per girls if you want to keep functionality. Which is why we went with a single scene instead.

But Glassix 2 being 3D will overcome this restriction and give full access to the puppet. And not only for sexual stuff. The goal with Glassix was to have a simulation with "What would you do if you had magic spell in real life?" in mind. And most men would go for easy sex. Glassix 2 follows this logic and push it further since you'll be able to change job and have a career, meaning you'll be able to use the possession spell to either fuck up a rival for promotion or use girl to seduce your boss for easy promotion.

Never seen a 20 years old girl looking like a 14 years old? They do exist. The idea is not to promote pedophilia but to broaden the range of taste in a legal way. Looking young shouldn't prevent you from having sex if you are old enough. Or are you insinuating that you'd have sex with a 14 years old girl if she looked like she was 20?
As long as the young looking girl doesn't behave like an underage girl, I think it's ok. But I do agree with you Kana and Ayane do behave a little too much innocent regarding sexual stuff. But again, that can also happen in real life too even for older girls...
Thanks for the compression link, will check it out! :) :cool: + the detailed info.

I was thinking there was animations somewhere (?) but can't remember exactly where.

Renpy----I've seen devs do it both ways [& done it myself]----full thing, *OR* updates. [common for mods too]

Patches---Latest "compressed" Ver is several old, so when I have a problem, no way to know which update caused it, (many updates) royal pain trying to reinstall everything. It's like installing 1 file, vs 15; 1 file worked fine, but after 15, you have a problem. anyway...

Possesion: To each their own kinks. [no offense meant] Just that sometimes best reason to update is for bugfixes...
Ok DEV ***POSITIVE*** thing: From early on, 1 of best things about Glassix, was *CHOICES*, you weren't forced into routes [kinks, etc] that you didn't like. [mostly]

"While we're on the topic of the possession spell, I'm afraid the way this spell has been implemented was due to 2D restrictions. When you think about possession, you think about fully controlling the girls, which would technically be possible in Glassix. But then, if you want some girls on girls action using the possession spell, you'd need to create image for each girl getting kinky with each other girls, and this for each lesbian position you want to implement, multiply that by the number of outfits per girls if you want to keep functionality. Which is why we went with a single scene instead."
That does make more sense. Not a lot of games that have done that correctly (or it gets extremely creepy fast!)
Sometimes KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid [no offense]) is the best policy---matching dialog/outfits/scenes can be difficult & get complicated fast!

Haven't really looked @ 3D version yet, but sounds interesting. [the whole "mind control" can be used for all kinds of things----& sex is only 1 of them]

"Never seen a 20 years old girl looking like a 14 years old? They do exist. The idea is not to promote pedophilia but to broaden the range of taste in a legal way. Looking young shouldn't prevent you from having sex if you are old enough. Or are you insinuating that you'd have sex with a 14 years old girl if she looked like she was 20?
As long as the young looking girl doesn't behave like an underage girl, I think it's ok. But I do agree with you Kana and Ayane do behave a little too much innocent regarding sexual stuff. But again, that can also happen in real life too even for older girls..."---

There's also (IRL!) girls who are *NOT* innocent, but pretend to be to seduce men... [maybe this is Kana?] and, girls [Jail bait!] who're actually minors, but pretend, talk, look etc to be much older!
Many, many women [& girls] R EXTREMELY good at pretending to be something they're not.

I don't have a problem w the age of anybody in Glassix. [*RAPE* is another story, but that's not about age]
In older days, "kids" often got married, pregnant, & started families all before they were 18! [the whole "18 is an adult" is a modern thing] Besides, like all VNs/ad games [ok, all I know of?] *FICTIONAL* world, make believe, just like old fairy tales. So really there shouldn't be any limits [except logic] . Most of the stuff is just Req 4 "Legal" purposes... [b/c some can't separate Fantasy, from REALITY...]

-->>> THANKS AGAIN FOR THE COMPRESSION SCRIPT! :) :cool:

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
Oh, I never saw a Renpy game offer a patch so I assumed it didn't offer the functionality. My bad then :x
It's actually quite common for some games/genre. IC for example; "Mods" so you know which choices R best, or influence which stats, etc. Some games R a huge mess, & only the Modded ver is any good.
At least 1 off the top of my head: [orig Dev Ver] + [BUGFIX (group of users---cause source is huge mess/tons of problems!] *PLUS* Mod. (mult mods R possible, but can get messy...)

Depends a lot on the Dev too. Sometimes "updates" are 99% [or more] "bugfixes"; (hotfixes, etc)

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
.... Several Ren'Py games I follow have optional update patches, and I've built unofficial ones a few times. It's more work though, which is presumably why lots of devs don't do it.
As they say, "your mileage may vary" ; There's a *LOT* to be said for very good "developer/Programmer/Designer (s)"; This certainly includes Renpy. [tons, & Tons, & TONS of noobs out there don't help!]
Much easier to patch just a few files; The amount of "work" depends a *LOT* on # of changes, bugfixes, pics/animations, etc. Sometimes---& some devs do this----a major overhaul is done [incompatible saves etc]---UI, etc people that played it b4 don't like it or can't figure it out anymore...

wrarar

Dec 19, 2017
im just ranting here.

can you imagine if we were dealing with modern popular games here? like the ones who doesnt go below 60 gigas?
i love how in this page almost everyone understand that, and the make they games good, (like the one in this forum) and yet they doesnt spend half my hard drive disc.

ok i finish.
now last time i check this game it was a plethora of things to do but they kinda make sense. and the only thing that push me away was the navigation and "obligatory" clicking. let me use the keyboard i canot stop "playing with the other jostick" everytime just to make the story go on.

grat game i wish you luck.

redwolf567

May 24, 2018
it says this game has pregancy content but ive finished game and there is no pregnancy? unless ive sped run through it

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
it says this game has pregancy content but ive finished game and there is no pregnancy? unless ive sped run through it
Pregnancy is only a thing in the endings and it involves blowing loads in their vaginas a set amount of times throughout the game.

3.50 star(s) 65 Votes