Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
@Daedolon I'm 90% sure one of the solutions proposed in my previous post can work for Mac. I just need someone willing to try to find the correct one.

I also think I can pinpoint where the problem is in the code. There is a difference between the way the game looks for the directory when it saves and when it loads a file. It probably has to do with a mix of absolute and relative paths, or something similar. Do you usually use absolute paths for the directories, such as GamePath+DirName? If I'm right you probably forgot to add the GamePath to the "saves" directory somewhere, I don't remember exactly where was the problem with saves.
No guarantees, but I suspect that if you get rid of all the GamePath parts the game should work just as fine as before on Windows and can be ported on Mac and Linux without my install script.
The path are supposed to be relative to the game folder. On Windows, the Glassix.exe is located in the root folder of the game and all the needed folders are located at the same level so the path are working. On Linux and Mac, it seems like the relative path does not work. So maybe if we could have the relative path working on Linux and Mac, it should be working. There was also an issue with uppercase/lowercase when exporting the xml on Mac if I remember well so it might need further debugging.

Thanks for the offer, but I could grab it just as easily through winetricks. The problem though is even then d3d11 is only partly supported through Wine so far and being on Linux that is really my only option here. The current dx11 coverage may already be good enough to get this to work actually, but it would probably mean building a different version of Wine, grabbing a few other packages and manually configuring them, and even then there is a fair chance things just wont end up working anyhow, so I am in no rush to try just for a game I might end up spending less time playing than it takes to get running. >.<

Anyhow, my last post was more me just venting my frustration at the time. This is an engine choice issue, so I don't even expect the game dev(s) to do anything about it. I'll just wait until stock Wine gets caught up with its dx11 support and maybe try again then if this game manages to come to mind again at that point. On the plus side, the way this game is structured, I can see all the assets without having to waste any time unpacking them, so I can at least get a glimpse of what the game has to offer.
Sorry about that. I'm only a game dev and not familiar at all with all those technologies :x I use Construct 2 for Glassix because it's quite easy to use for 2D games and can export on several platforms. Construct 2 uses NW.js when exporting to Windows so I'm afraid I can't really do anything if NW.js requires DirectX11 :x

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
The path are supposed to be relative to the game folder. On Windows, the Glassix.exe is located in the root folder of the game and all the needed folders are located at the same level so the path are working. On Linux and Mac, it seems like the relative path does not work. So maybe if we could have the relative path working on Linux and Mac, it should be working. There was also an issue with uppercase/lowercase when exporting the xml on Mac if I remember well so it might need further debugging.
Sorry about that. I'm only a game dev and not familiar at all with all those technologies :x I use Construct 2 for Glassix because it's quite easy to use for 2D games and can export on several platforms. Construct 2 uses NW.js when exporting to Windows so I'm afraid I can't really do anything if NW.js requires DirectX11 :x
I haven't taken a look at Construct 2 before, but it looks like it does have export options for Linux and Mac. As far as case sensitive issues with file names, that is why it is always better to just stick with all lowercase names, just saves you from a ton of headaches down the line. Linux itself has no issues at all with relative paths, I use them all the time. Since I don't have experience with that engine though, I can't say for sure what they are doing wrong to cause issues. Most engines I've messed around with over the years have all worked relative to the project/install dir, so I can't really see why that can't.

Anyhow, don't take my earlier rants to heart, they were aimed more at the NW.js folks for pointlessly targeting dx11 as the only option on Windows for some unfathomable reasons (doesn't even seem to have a dx9 fallback like most things that focus on dx10/11 do). It looks like an interesting game concept though. Probably going to see about following Capacitor's write-up later tonight. Seems pretty straight forward and should do the job of getting it running for me.

Capacitor

Dec 8, 2017
I don't remember missing images, but I can write a simple script to check all the xml files to find possible case issues. Sadly Windows is case-insensitive, a choice that looks simpler but in fact creates a lot of problems.
It's funny, I really thought you were using absolute paths, because my patch recreates the absolute path to the game inside the installation directory, except in a couple situations. Probably the easiest to find is in the save/load function. The game saves correctly in the "saves" directory, while it loads using the wrong path. If you wrote the load and save functions, there should probably be a difference in the code, otherwise it's a problem of NW.js and I'll have to report a bug.
Edit: Maybe helps?

Anyhow, don't take my earlier rants to heart, they were aimed more at the NW.js folks for pointlessly targeting dx11 as the only option on Windows for some unfathomable reasons (doesn't even seem to have a dx9 fallback like most things that focus on dx10/11 do). It looks like an interesting game concept though. Probably going to see about following Capacitor's write-up later tonight. Seems pretty straight forward and should do the job of getting it running for me.
I'm not completely sure, but I think I played other, simpler games based on NW.js through Wine without even installing dx9.
Let me know if there are problems with my code. I saw another Linux user using it successfully, but two users is not much to determine if there are bugs.

Still waiting for Mac users to get some feedback on .

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
I'm not completely sure, but I think I played other, simpler games based on NW.js through Wine without even installing dx9.
Let me know if there are problems with my code. I saw another Linux user using it successfully, but two users is not much to determine if there are bugs.
Could be they switched things up at some point, or perhaps it is the Construct 2 folks who are intentionally limiting it to dx11, can't say for sure though. But anyhow, I just got around to following your setup instructions and everything seemed to go smoothly and the game has launched without issue. I've only just started to play the first day just now, so I can't say if things are completely flawless, but it's off to a good start at least. So thanks again for putting in the effort to working out a solution for this. :)

[Edit: I did run into a minor issue with my first attempted play through. It seems most events were not firing, like I didn't run into the sister in the bathroom, and after I left the bathroom I was able to move around freely through the house and never met the sister or mother. Then I went to school and only ran into the senior and junior teachers. Also neither of them got added to the girl data list thing, I was only seeing the mother even though I hadn't even met her. But once I realized something was probably wrong I decided to restart a new game and then things were finally triggering properly. So not really a big deal, but figured it would be worth mentioning.]

dandeliomo

Sep 22, 2017
Ok i'm gonna be the one who sounds stupid for those dummies out there but does anyone have the 0.22 Walkthrough, been roaming around to find it and literally all I got were from Jan 2017 which is 0.15. Thank you and sorry if this bother you

LoganJ

Feb 5, 2018
Ok i'm gonna be the one who sounds stupid for those dummies out there but does anyone have the 0.22 Walkthrough, been roaming around to find it and literally all I got were from Jan 2017 which is 0.15. Thank you and sorry if this bother you
The Walkthrough you get from the Main-Menu of the game is dated on January 2017 but it got edited and updated more or less until Version 0.21. The most important changes which are not written there are the following:
- The cheats have to be enabled manually in the settings of the game
- Lily's spell-shop which needs sexual energy (sexen) to buy spells which enable some functions again which were active in earlier versions
- Emiri and Kristina can reach obedience level 2 now.

Detailed Information about the spell-shop can be found in the thread here and in the change-log.
But that needs a little effort to read...

Reactions: dandeliomo

sui2k

Aug 19, 2017
so i'm starting the game, it went fullscreen and i can't click on anything .. even alt+enter doesn't work or esc button oO
tried to use a settings.json file some couple of post back .. but that just give me the game in window mode but didn't change anything on allowing me to click on something.

strange bug

cluster

May 31, 2017
Still waiting for Mac users to get some feedback on .
Ok, since I had some time on my hand I can report back, but my knowledge in programming is quite limited:
I am on macOS 10.13.3 with APFS and I used Glassix 22.0.
Also, I used the latest stable Mac Version NW.js 0.29.3 (non SDK), that comes as "nwjs.app" and placed it in the game directory.

Your install file works, however, since the nw comes as an nwjs.app the "nw" in your install.sh and in Glassix.sh can not be properly called. The correct path to the binary "nw" on a mac is "nwjs.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs", like you said.

If I correct these instances and run Glassix.sh, I was able to load the game in a window to the main screen, but for some reason I can not click any of the buttons, except the patreon link. The animation of the googles work, the version shows up as vX.X.X

Can anybody give me a hint what I have to do (other than playing it in a Win10 VM, like I did until now:FeelsBadMan:).

Edit: I only tried the very first method you posted, I will have a look at the other one soon.

cluster

May 31, 2017
Alright to elaborate a bit further:

• Did you follow the procedure to the letter?
Up to point 3.
  • Did the installation vanish the "package.mw" file and the "bgs", "characters", "data", "scenes" directories to create a "files" directory and the "saves" and "scenes" links?
Yes, if it is package.nw.
  • Is the "files" directory filled with files and a single folder named as the root folder where you installed the game (probably "home" if you installed the game on your computer and something like "mnt" or "media" if you installed on an external disk)?
Yes, in my case it is "Users" and it replicates the folder structure until the game folder with bgs, characters, etc. inside.

• In the first installation (see above) create a copy of the current "Glassix.sh" file and rename it (e.g. Glassix1Mac.sh). Edit it with your preferred program and replace the second line ("./nw files/") with "./nwjs.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs files/" (without quotes).
  • Again in the first installation create a copy of the file you created in the previous point, rename it (e.g. Glassix2Mac.sh), edit it and replace "files/" with "../../../files/" (without quotes)
  • Copy these two files and paste them in the second installation. In both files remove only "files/" from the second line, nothing more.
Never modify the first line ("#!/bin/bash"), in any of the cases.
Check if these four files are executables, then run them one after the other. For every one of them I need to know if the game does even start (it should in every case) and if it has content (probably the first file of one of the two installations will be the one that works, but better be accurate).
So, I did all of these modifications:

in modified folder structure and nwjs.app:
1) ./nwjs.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs files/
2) ./nwjs.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs /Users/MyUserName/.../glassix/files/

in original folder structure, but with added nwjs.app:
3) ./nwjs.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs
4) ./nwjs.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs /Users/MyUserName/.../glassix/

--> Same outcome in all cases, as described in previous post. Simply executing the "app" also give the same outcome (should be identical to case 3).

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
does anybody know have to get doll mode
I haven't gotten that far yet, but I am pretty sure I recall reading that it is kind of a reward for bringing the girls to the succubus, Lily, on Sundays once you've encountered her after the first week. You should check out the walk through, should explain it a bit better than I could atm.

caju

Oct 5, 2017
i did the follow and stop method. hence i already played the game before but never had the sprinting mode before. without sprinting i never got the girl to go to the shrine here. never! even with cheating i wasn't able to bring her there. after you can update the fucking time it's bearable, but 'till then... my god...

i played a lot of games alr. but this game quite made me mad with all those new "inventions" he made here.
I played this game a year ago or so. I used to love it because you used to actually be able to play it. I ran into the same issues as you and I am willing to bet a lot of beginners simply dont know that the succubus is coming. I didnt remember her so I also found myself unable to convince her to go to the shrine. Stop, follow, stop, follow only causes her to hate you too much to get her to the shrine and sprinting only results in her saying she cant run that far. I quit playing a year ago and I am thinking it might not be worth the effort to start over.

I hate games that require you to follow a walkthrough, step by step, in order to play. This game must feel that way to a beginner. (especially with no notice that the succubus is coming.)

Reactions: Daxter250

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
I played this game a year ago or so. I used to love it because you used to actually be able to play it. I ran into the same issues as you and I am willing to bet a lot of beginners simply dont know that the succubus is coming. I didnt remember her so I also found myself unable to convince her to go to the shrine. Stop, follow, stop, follow only causes her to hate you too much to get her to the shrine and sprinting only results in her saying she cant run that far. I quit playing a year ago and I am thinking it might not be worth the effort to start over.

I hate games that require you to follow a walkthrough, step by step, in order to play. This game must feel that way to a beginner. (especially with no notice that the succubus is coming.)
couldn't agree more.

Reactions: caju

Capacitor

Dec 8, 2017
Yes, if it is package.nw.
Yes, sorry, that's the correct name.

I used the latest stable Mac Version NW.js 0.29.3 (non SDK), that comes as "nwjs.app" and placed it in the game directory.
So, I did all of these modifications:

in modified folder structure and nwjs.app:
1) ./nwjs.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs files/
2) ./nwjs.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs /Users/MyUserName/.../glassix/files/

in original folder structure, but with added nwjs.app:
3) ./nwjs.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs
4) ./nwjs.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs /Users/MyUserName/.../glassix/

--> Same outcome in all cases, as described in previous post. Simply executing the "app" also give the same outcome (should be identical to case 3).
If I understand correctly, you extract nw.js and put it in the original Glassix directory? If that's the case, you are doing it wrong. You should move some of the files and directories from the original Glassix directory to the nw.js directory.

I'll be away for a few days, so don't panic if I don't answer immediately. ;) I won't lose your reply.

Reactions: cluster

cluster

May 31, 2017
If I understand correctly, you extract nw.js and put it in the original Glassix directory? If that's the case, you are doing it wrong. You should move some of the files and directories from the original Glassix directory to the nw.js directory.
Well, I downloaded nwjs for Mac and it comes as a single container file "nwjs.app" that is 184 MB big (and a second file credits.html) and I placed it in the game directories (either before or after your install script was running). Yes, this is somewhat different, but all apps on Mac are like docker containers in the Linux world, i.e. with an internal container structure like:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

A Mac user typically only sees a single "file-like" nwjs.app, not the internal container.

In a completely different approach, I also followed some suggestions from

(under "Merging them") by just moving the Glassix files to the Resources folder in the container and renaming "package.nw" to "app.nw". If I start nwjs.app I get the same outcome.

Also, in a second completely different approach, if I move a copy of nwjs.app into the application folder and create an alias nw I can start the program from inside the game folder with terminal using nw package.nw with the same outcome of the main screen.

BTW, if I remove the data folder from a windows Glassix installation, I get the same outcome if I start glassix.exe. So it really seems that it does not recognize the data folder and it might be a stupid little config problem. How can we see the contents of package.nw, because I can not open it in a texteditor at least.

I appreciate your effort @Capacitor , but I think it would be easier to just use a Mac compiler for Construct, which should exist for at least Construct 3, and let it do its work. I know, @Daedolon stated that
I use Construct 2 for Glassix

Reactions: Deleted member 7464

waffel

Donor
Aug 29, 2017
Remember now, they have just changed a whole lot of things, a lot of those things will probably be needing some rebalancing. With the right balancing for a new game all the new features are really neat!

3.50 star(s) 65 Votes