peter0

Sep 6, 2017
This is surely due to a problem in the AI pathfinding. I guess the girls keep switching between the downtown station and the subway station. Try to wait 1 minute if they are not there and they'll be back on the platform. This happens when the pathfinding is incorrect to reach a certain locations. But to solve this, I would need to know where the girls are trying to go ^^ Reading your comment, it seems to be an issue with Utako's apartment so I'll check this and solve it asap. Thanks for the feedback :p

It's a problem through the game here's another instance Sarah : level 2 School at the gym entrance 12PM to 12PM30 week days. In the first image Sarah is being approached by the principle when I clicked for the next image the screen has no-one in it as show in the 2nd image uploaded. The time forward icon does not work now but all other icons do.

When you meet a new girl, there is a little "New girl met" popup appearing in the top right corner of the screen. Once a new girl is unlocked, she will appear in the status page. The thing is that many girls have limited interaction at the moment and are often not present in the city. This is the case for Emika. She is only in the airport from Monday to Friday and from 8AM to 6PM. The second stewardess, Penny, is only present there during the week ends.

You can. After the first week, just go to Street L in downtown to trigger the story and follow the steps, Lily will be unlocked after you go back to the shrine.

Henz

Apr 21, 2017
Yeah a nice add. I had unlocked everything except the bathroom and toilet images a couple times. Glad I won’t have to do this again

peter0

Sep 6, 2017
@peter0 : The screenshot you attached are for Sarah's event. Is there a problem with it ?
I thought there was but as I've played this game to V18 and although the time forward icon didn't work I knew where to find them the time use to get to the change room brought them back.
I think that the problem I had with Utako was that I tried to raise levels to quickly and jumped the path forward too far, I hadn't talked and found out about the tutoring hence a reverse in events , when I replayed and raised Sarah's, I went on to talk to Kumiko and found out about the tutoring and everything followed as it should.
Thanks very much for your patience.

Capacitor

Dec 8, 2017
I don't know if my previous message was not seen or ignored. Since I can't find any other solution, I'll repost it here and hope for some help.

I saw that in the past there was an early attempt to port the game for Mac and Linux (version 0.5.1), first with separate compilations and then with an HTML version, but with no success.
I'm trying now to run the game on Linux using Wine, a sort of emulator* to run Windows executables on a different OS, but with no success. Did anyone have more luck at this?
Right now I can only try randomly to determine what settings are necessary, but it's almost impossible to guess the correct combination of modules I have to install to run it. Does anyone know how is the game linked to the Windows environment? I know it probably uses DirectX, since it's included in the package, not sure if version 9 is enough though (should be, the game probably doesn't require the last, state-of-the-art functions, from a graphics point of view it simply displays a pile of static images), but I don't know if it is connected to anything else, such as .NET framework or who knows what else.

Thanks for the help, or at least thanks for reading.

*Yes, I know it's not technically an emulator, and this is only a minor detail right now.

Renegadeaw

Jan 22, 2017
Added a Strip Club, eh?

Well that really leaves me hoping we can add a few dancers to their roster. Or just take it over completely. Cant think of anything hotter than taking the club away from the owner and forcing her to dance in what used to be her own strip joint.

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I don't know if my previous message was not seen or ignored. Since I can't find any other solution, I'll repost it here and hope for some help.
I won't have much time this month but maybe I could release the Linux and Android files next month for those who want to try and make it work. But since I'm not familiar with those platforms at all, I won't be able to help besides giving the necessary files.

Added a Strip Club, eh?

Well that really leaves me hoping we can add a few dancers to their roster. Or just take it over completely. Cant think of anything hotter than taking the club away from the owner and forcing her to dance in what used to be her own strip joint.
Of course :p

Reactions: Deleted member 7464

Capacitor

Dec 8, 2017
I won't have much time this month but maybe I could release the Linux and Android files next month for those who want to try and make it work. But since I'm not familiar with those platforms at all, I won't be able to help besides giving the necessary files.
I looked around for informations about Construct and it seems that it is already set up to correctly compile games for linux, mac, android, etc. I have to say that this is the first time I heard of Construct and it's probably the first game I play made with it, so I have no idea how standard your game is, from a compilation point of view. But if you are willing to give it a try, I'm more than willing to help. :D

Secret09

Oct 20, 2017
guys needed help, when I started this game, its all in Russian (I think) so how could I change the menu to English?

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I looked around for informations about Construct and it seems that it is already set up to correctly compile games for linux, mac, android, etc. I have to say that this is the first time I heard of Construct and it's probably the first game I play made with it, so I have no idea how standard your game is, from a compilation point of view. But if you are willing to give it a try, I'm more than willing to help. :D
Construct export to Windows, Linux and Android through the use of NW.js which is much more known.
Exporting the game to Android and Linux versions does work, the problems come after the export actually. From what I remember (last test was last year so it might be a bit outdated now), there were 2 major problems with Android and Linux versions :
1) The path to load the local files. For Windows, the data, bgs and scenes folders are all located in the root folder and the game can load the required files. For the two others, I remember we couldn't find where to put the files for the game to load them properly.
2) The other problem came when exporting actually and some strings were losing the uppercases which is crucial to find the right images and files path. For example, motherA was converted to mothera which prevented the game to load the right files.

If you're interested, I could actually just compile the game to those 2 platforms and upload the core files. Meaning you would just need to copy the rest of the files (bgs, scenes, data) to the right folder on those new platforms. The scenes folder takes mosst of the size so it would be faster for me this way.

Reactions: Capacitor

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Just played the new version and I must say I really liked the ordinary day events, I felt the game was lacking in the interaction area before and it's always nice to get to give more development for the girls.

By the way, some of the gallery scenes for Kumiko are bugged.

Capacitor

Dec 8, 2017
@Daedolon I can surely give you feedback with a linux version, but I'm not enough confident with android to help with the debug process. If you can spare some time to compile the game, I'll be happy to try it. It's not a problem if I have to move the heavy part from the windows version.

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
@Capacitor : Here is a link for the Linux32 files. There are also 64 but if I was thinking it might be better to use the 32 version so more players get access to it.

Reactions: Sch and Capacitor

Capacitor

Dec 8, 2017
Sadly it's not that easy. I'm missing a lot of 32 bit libraries, that I have to search on the web and copy manually in the lib directory. I tried to simply link to the existing 64 bit libraries, but the program refuses them.
I'm trying anyway, I'm curious to see how this ends, but I won't have any way to know if this problem exists only because I'm using the wrong version or it's always present.

Edit: After downloading and installing a lot of libraries, the game finally starts. I still can't run it perfectly, because I'm still missing more than half of the dependencies, but at least I can tell you that the game can be run successfully on linux.
I'll give you more details once I finish reconstructing the dependency tree. If in the meantime you have some spare time to compile for linux64, I'll be happy to try that too. It should run much more smoothly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 7464

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Here is the 64 version

Just played the new version and I must say I really liked the ordinary day events, I felt the game was lacking in the interaction area before and it's always nice to get to give more development for the girls.

By the way, some of the gallery scenes for Kumiko are bugged.
Which events are bugged ?

Reactions: Sch and Capacitor

Capacitor

Dec 8, 2017
@Daedolon Was there a file named nacl_irt_x86_64.nexe that you may have deleted? I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but the file is missing and I had to copy it from the chrome directory, but I'm not sure it's the correct file. In the same directory there are other files with the same name, but the ones in the Glassix directory are systematically bigger.

Edit: The bug above doesn't seem to be a real problem. No matter what I do, the game starts in the same way.
I encountered the first bug, the game can't locate the files and thus can't do anything. I suspect it may depend from the fact that windows separates directories with "\", while linux and other unix-based OSs use "/".

Edit 2: My suspect is completely wrong, but I have found a way to find the path. I found a debugger inside the game and I'm using it to find where it looks for files. It seems there are some problems with paths, but I'm not yet sure how to solve it.

Edit 3: I did it! Sort of. In the first attachment you can see what happens with the wrong file locations, in the second there is the same scene with working files (it's the first screen after not skipping intro in both cases).
First of all, the "nw" file has to be marked as executable. Then the bgs, characters, data and scenes directories have to be copied in the right place. Using the debugger I discovered that the game looks for them in the same place where it looks for "index.html" or "c2runtime.js", that is inside "package.nw", but with the full path to the game directory. So if e.g. I copied the game in "/home/capacitor/Glassix/", the game looks for the "data" in the "home/capacitor/Glassix/data/" inside "package.nw".
Moving everything inside package.nw lets me run the game, but it takes a while to load, since now it must load a 2.1 GB archive instead of 3.7 MB.
After restarting the game I see no difference, it works again as before.
Sadly there are two major limitations: first of all if I change the settings the game won't work after I close it, second it saves correctly in the "saves" directory, but it looks for saves inside the "package.nw" file, so there is no easy mean to save and reload a game at the moment.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 66 Votes