Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
I am confused by many things here, but mostly...

(a) Still not sure exactly how this differs from the original Goblin Burrow game

(b) Mostly confused by the sub-title "I'll Borne" which... is a contraction. "I Will Borne" or (future tense) then (past tense). Are we sure this isn't supposed to be Ill and not I'll because Ill (or sick/bad) makes much more sense for a game about breeding evil monsters than "I will/I shall" "already be given birth to".

Then again, this is Japan, so maybe that is a sentence that makes more sense in the original language.
Is it supposed to be "ill borne" instead of "I will Borne"?
The dlsite page makes it clear that the official title chosen by the creator of the game is "I'll borne". No idea why. Clearly, peperoncino doesn't really know English. At least, I don't think they do, because the title makes zero sense.

As for what's different... well... more girls than the previous game and all of its DLCs, for one. Changes to combat balance. Changes to the skills, in the sense that goblins now can only have a single Active skill, rather than two. The addition of passive skills that have a lower rate of inheritance. A complete overhaul of the Training system into the "ritual" system that has overall better bonuses but which can be much more annoying to use in other ways. Changes to the breeding system that make it more annoying in some aspects and more fun in others...

Overall though, it's still mostly the same game, and you can still get away with a lot if you have Shamans with fuck-huge Magic stat and Thunderhawk.

The interesting bit is that you can register a save from the original game, and load it up into this one. It keeps just the goblins, and assigns them the first skill out of the two you had active on them, but it lets you start with an OP Burrow if that's what you feel like doing.

Either way, in my case, I'll be waiting for however many years it takes for the translation to be polished out of poetry for most of the game. The previous game only has a small number of characters that are still poetry, and I expect this one to be just as popular in the long run, so I'm prepared to wait. Maybe boot up the old one now and then and build up the uber goblins even more so I can just one-shot most things when the time comes.

Mar 27, 2018
(b) Mostly confused by the sub-title "I'll Borne" which... is a contraction. "I Will Borne" or (future tense) then (past tense). Are we sure this isn't supposed to be Ill and not I'll because Ill (or sick/bad) makes much more sense for a game about breeding evil monsters than "I will/I shall" "already be given birth to".

Then again, this is Japan, so maybe that is a sentence that makes more sense in the original language.
It's just Engrish that the Japanese author(s) thought sounded cool. Like "Attack on Titan". Don't overthink it.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Is it edited MTL at least? Otherwise what's up with listing 2 people as translators.

Edit: It's not. So hooking up an MTL tool and clicking "translate" makes you a translator now.
Check the Changelog before you complain. Story relevant sections of the game have been translated by Thai2410. System and UI are edited MTL by me. Translating all the H-scenes will take several more months, but will happen.

It's just Engrish that the Japanese author(s) thought sounded cool. Like "Attack on Titan". Don't overthink it.
This guy gets it.

Oct 31, 2017
Man, the lot here hatin' on MTL for no reason, I'll bet none of y'all have ever been there! I'll have you know Montreal is a wonderful city!

Still, I'll say more Goblin Burro is more bueno, and I'm hoping the size increase is due to a lot more voiced lines, meaning more ladies, and not them just adding animated videos all over the place.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Man, the lot here hatin' on MTL for no reason, I'll bet none of y'all have ever been there! I'll have you know Montreal is a wonderful city!

Still, I'll say more Goblin Burro is more bueno, and I'm hoping the size increase is due to a lot more voiced lines, meaning more ladies, and not them just adding animated videos all over the place.
There are no animated videos. It's all voice lines (though they are not yet implemented for the H-scenes because peperoncino. If you want voice, you'll have to wait for a future update). Goblin Burrow had 25 seedbeds, Illborne has just shy of 50.

Oct 31, 2017
There are no animated videos. It's all voice lines (though they are not yet implemented for the H-scenes because peperoncino. If you want voice, you'll have to wait for a future update). Goblin Burrow had 25 seedbeds, Illborne has just shy of 50.
Well that's a relief, as I'm still bitter from Majikoi-S being being larger than the original but having less actual content, because half of the file size taken was up by animated videos and such. Thank you for confirming it has near double the ladies.

Hodedra

May 7, 2020
I'm sure the creator means something like 'I'll borne = (I'll create a goblin army)'.

sleepymonkey

Jul 5, 2021
Well damn! Clearly, Goblin is getting milked and to that... I ain't complaining here.

But 7 GB??? damn there must be whole new stuff added huh?

Darkness-Crimson

Feb 24, 2018
MuninKai the translation of the base game and dlc is still ongoing or you're not the one responsible for it? got any good news/updates? thx for all your help so far.

OmegaArk

May 5, 2018
Regarding breeding mechanics for Goblin Burrow II, Passive Inheritance is more complex. Some inheritance passives can be combined into a special passive.

Eg
Have a unit with either the mail-girl (0 SP consumption for unit) or Blonde General (Half an enemy squad amount) passive and bred with the other girl, the end result might end up with a passive, 0 SP Cosumption for the army (all 4 members).

2-3 'compound' passive can still be combined with another passive to become even better. Eg, (Passive: Army - 0 SP Consumption + 30 heal)

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
i still have nightmare about goblin road and girl that take cock in their cock to start thinking about starting this one T_T

Reactions: Skyzenski

tb85

Apr 7, 2018
Just to confirm then, can you combine the original base translated game and this one? or will the translations not jive? If you can combine the two, how should we go about it?

Reactions: Manturgent

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
MuninKai the translation of the base game and dlc is still ongoing or you're not the one responsible for it? got any good news/updates? thx for all your help so far.
Translation is ongoing. 1.0 was just released, so no updates. Follow the Translation thread for more WIP updates.

Regarding breeding mechanics for Goblin Burrow II, Passive Inheritance is more complex. Some inheritance passives can be combined into a special passive.

Eg
Have a unit with either the mail-girl (0 SP consumption for unit) or Blonde General (Half an enemy squad amount) passive and bred with the other girl, the end result might end up with a passive, 0 SP Cosumption for the army (all 4 members).

2-3 'compound' passive can still be combined with another passive to become even better. Eg, (Passive: Army - 0 SP Consumption + 30 heal)
There is a guide for this included in the download.

Just to confirm then, can you combine the original base translated game and this one? or will the translations not jive? If you can combine the two, how should we go about it?
The games are completely separate. All that you can do to 'combine the two' is register your Goblin Burrow save games with Illborne (File -> Register) and import the Burrow you had. Otherwise the two do not interact.

how many days do we get before a gameover due to time? or did they removed that?
It wouldn't be a peperoncino game without a time limit. The time limit starts at 70 days but can be extended to 100 through the Rituals tab.

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 9 Votes