MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
WIP Translation Update

Some tweaks and bug fixes.

This can be applied as per the instructions on to the unpacked game. Replace all files when prompted.

NOTE: This is not patched. You will need to download both if you haven't already downloaded the unpacked game from this link.

Changelog v.201225
- Replaced several Paige scenes to fix a crash caused by the translation
- Fixed a few typos, a missed line that I caught, and spot checked various scenes for all girls

S117

Feb 22, 2020
Some minor modding stuff that can easily be done with Notepad++ if people are interested:

NOTE: ALWAYS MAKE COPIES OF THE FILES BEFORE YOU MESS WITH THEM
This allows you both to have an backup version to replace the new one with if the new one doesn't work for whatever reason while also providing a useful comparison to the edited version to make sure the formatting and so on matches up.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Note: I've only just (as in over the last few hours) worked out how to do most of this, so it's mostly new and not-very-tested (as I haven't had time for even 1 complete start-to-finish playthrough with my changes on right from the get go) so MAKE BACKUPS (both of the edited files and of your saves) BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING OUT.

Last edited:

GEORGEM

Jan 16, 2019
WIP Translation Update

Some tweaks and bug fixes.

This can be applied as per the instructions on to the unpacked game. Replace all files when prompted.

Goblin Burrow ENG v.20201220 can be found here. NOTE: This is not patched. You will need to download both if you haven't already downloaded the unpacked game from this link.

Changelog v.201225
- Replaced several Paige scenes to fix a crash caused by the translation
- Fixed a few typos, a missed line that I caught, and spot checked various scenes for all girls
One thing I've noticed that I'd like to point out:

I think you might be using an older version of DLC2 (the one with Elda and Asteria/Captain of the Guards and Demon Creator). The voice acting for both of those characters is absent. I believe in the latest version they're fully voiced.
Edit: I just downloaded the mikocon upload for DLC1-3 from sukebei, it looks like the version you're working on is missing the voice acting for Elda and Asteria.

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Still numba one thing missing from this game is a breeding tree. I wish the gobs had their parents listed somewhere at least.

Btw, dunno if known but the Adventure Tower option isn't translated yet. Did a Yandex Image translation and it's:

Current Tier 1:
Proceed to the next level
Back to the nest hole (Return to the burrow)

Last edited:
Reactions: GEORGEM

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Some minor modding stuff that can easily be done with Notepad++ if people are interested:

NOTE: ALWAYS MAKE COPIES OF THE FILES BEFORE YOU MESS WITH THEM
This allows you both to have an backup version to replace the new one with if the new one doesn't work for whatever reason while also providing a useful comparison to the edited version to make sure the formatting and so on matches up.

Note: I've only just (as in over the last few hours) worked out how to do most of this, so it's mostly new and not-very-tested (as I haven't had time for even 1 complete start-to-finish playthrough with my changes on right from the get go) so MAKE BACKUPS (both of the edited files and of your saves) BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING OUT.
Yep, these all work. Definitely want to re-up the 'don't go nuts with goblin pop cap' it does cause memory issues.

One thing I've noticed that I'd like to point out:

I think you might be using an older version of DLC2 (the one with Elda and Asteria/Captain of the Guards and Demon Creator). The voice acting for both of those characters is absent. I believe in the latest version they're fully voiced.
Edit: I just downloaded the mikocon upload for DLC1-3 from sukebei, it looks like the version you're working on is missing the voice acting for Elda and Asteria.
Huh, I didn't realise. I'll add those in for the final version.

Still numba one thing missing from this game is a breeding tree. I wish the gobs had their parents listed somewhere at least.

Btw, dunno if known but the Adventure Tower option isn't translated yet. Did a Yandex Image translation and it's:

Current Tier 1:
Proceed to the next level
Back to the nest hole (Return to the burrow)
Yep, hadn't translated the Adventurer Tower floors as I was focusing on the main gameplay loop.

The genealogy would be cool. I don't think that data is even saved anywhere though, it would be a lot to add just in terms of data. It does save how many attributes have been bred in, but that isn't exclusive or chronological.

Reactions: GEORGEM

cj5kn

Nov 28, 2019
Have the requirements for unlocking certain girls changed? I haven't managed to reach asteria at all with this version. In my current playthrough it stopped giving me new locations after zara's, and redoing the fights doesn't seem to be doing anything.
edit: now that I mention it I think asteria might have been one of the invader fights. guess I just have to wait it out while hoping I don't hit some arbitrary ending condition

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Have the requirements for unlocking certain girls changed? I haven't managed to reach asteria at all with this version. In my current playthrough it stopped giving me new locations after zara's, and redoing the fights doesn't seem to be doing anything.
edit: now that I mention it I think asteria might have been one of the invader fights. guess I just have to wait it out while hoping I don't hit some arbitrary ending condition
Correct. Astesia is a defense battle, so you just have to wait for her to show up, she does not appear before turn 77 on normal mode (may appear earlier on higher difficulties). Zara's is the last map battle.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
TRANSLATION UPDATE

DLC 4 and 5 are almost done, but since I have the infrastructure to do it, I have set up a community project for anyone reading this.

The initial Goblin Burrow ENG release used raw MTL for all of the event scenes with all of the girls in the base game, DLC 1, and DLC 2. When I took over the project for DLC 4 and 5, I edited the MTL for all of the new girls, endings, and events. This was an extremely time consuming process for one person. I would like to put my effort into making some other games playable rather than fix MTL gibberish for the next 100 hours of time I have for translation projects, and this is where you come in. I have scraped all of the original Japanese and MTL text lines into easy to use, edit anywhere .csv files. So if there is a girl who you want to fix the MTL for, just download her files and get to work! Once you've finished, DM me and send back the files. I'll integrate them into the game's scenario format and push a patch. Knowing Japanese isn't nearly as important as just having a human being go through and correct all the weird issues MTL has with according pronouns and possessives, fixing obscure language, or fixing repetitive nonsense.

Each girl's files have been separated into a folder. Within each folder, files follow a general format:
02_evs are mostly story and birthing related
03_aps are all the rape scenes, 11-17 is goblins, 21-27 hobgoblin, 3 shaman, 4 champ, 5 paladin, and 6 chief

There is very little you can do to fuck it up, but there are some rules
1) DO NOT DELETE OR ADD ANY ; I am using these for the CSV file delimiter. And it's an H-game, don't use fancy punctuation marks this isn't English class.
2) DO NOT ADD ANY [] These are used by the game to denote commands and will break the scenario if you add them. There shouldn't be any in the English text.
3) DO NOT ADD OR REMOVE ANY LINES I am using Python to iterate through the CSVs and the scenario files and I need the lines to always be balanced. Goblin Burrow's text handler automatically breaks down lines and can even scroll, so there is no need for any line breaks.
4) Only edit the third column of English text. I have already broken down the scenario files into just the parts that need translation.
5) To help figure out who is speaking, the speaker is at the beginning of the line before the JPN text. If no one is speaking that can mean it's either the same person talking who last spoke, the 3rd person narrator interjecting, sound effects, or the devs forgot it. Use your sense/imagination.
6) DeepL is great. If you're stuck on a line and the MTL makes 0 sense, retranslate the line in DeepL. By clicking words in the translation box you can see other options for how it might translate. Breaking up the line into smaller pieces can also help decipher it, even if you have no knowledge of Japanese. And, ultimately, anything written by a human will make more sense than the MTL, translation is an art not a science, feel free to take some liberties.

Goblin Burrow is a massive game text-wise. If people are keen to get their favourite girl into a readable state, this allows them to do so and share the love. It requires 0 experience with Japanese or coding, I've got all of that done on the backend. I might get bored one night and do a girl or two, but after doing 4 for the DLC and wanting to do so again for future DLC, it'll be a long time with just me doing it.

Presenting the .

GEORGEM

Jan 16, 2019
TRANSLATION UPDATE

DLC 4 and 5 are almost done, but since I have the infrastructure to do it, I have set up a community project for anyone reading this.

The initial Goblin Burrow ENG release used raw MTL for all of the event scenes with all of the girls in the base game, DLC 1, and DLC 2. When I took over the project for DLC 4 and 5, I edited the MTL for all of the new girls, endings, and events. This was an extremely time consuming process for one person. I would like to put my effort into making some other games playable rather than fix MTL gibberish for the next 100 hours of time I have for translation projects, and this is where you come in. I have scraped all of the original Japanese and MTL text lines into easy to use, edit anywhere .csv files. So if there is a girl who you want to fix the MTL for, just download her files and get to work! Once you've finished, DM me and send back the files. I'll integrate them into the game's scenario format and push a patch. Knowing Japanese isn't nearly as important as just having a human being go through and correct all the weird issues MTL has with according pronouns and possessives, fixing obscure language, or fixing repetitive nonsense.

Each girl's files have been separated into a folder. Within each folder, files follow a general format:
02_evs are mostly story and birthing related
03_aps are all the rape scenes, 11-17 is goblins, 21-27 hobgoblin, 3 shaman, 4 champ, 5 paladin, and 6 chief

There is very little you can do to fuck it up, but there are some rules
1) DO NOT DELETE OR ADD ANY ; I am using these for the CSV file delimiter. And it's an H-game, don't use fancy punctuation marks this isn't English class.
2) DO NOT ADD ANY [] These are used by the game to denote commands and will break the scenario if you add them. There shouldn't be any in the English text.
3) DO NOT ADD OR REMOVE ANY LINES I am using Python to iterate through the CSVs and the scenario files and I need the lines to always be balanced. Goblin Burrow's text handler automatically breaks down lines and can even scroll, so there is no need for any line breaks.
4) Only edit the third column of English text. I have already broken down the scenario files into just the parts that need translation.
5) To help figure out who is speaking, the speaker is at the beginning of the line before the JPN text. If no one is speaking that can mean it's either the same person talking who last spoke, the 3rd person narrator interjecting, sound effects, or the devs forgot it. Use your sense/imagination.
6) DeepL is great. If you're stuck on a line and the MTL makes 0 sense, retranslate the line in DeepL. By clicking words in the translation box you can see other options for how it might translate. Breaking up the line into smaller pieces can also help decipher it, even if you have no knowledge of Japanese. And, ultimately, anything written by a human will make more sense than the MTL, translation is an art not a science, feel free to take some liberties.

Goblin Burrow is a massive game text-wise. If people are keen to get their favourite girl into a readable state, this allows them to do so and share the love. It requires 0 experience with Japanese or coding, I've got all of that done on the backend. I might get bored one night and do a girl or two, but after doing 4 for the DLC and wanting to do so again for future DLC, it'll be a long time with just me doing it.

Presenting the Goblin Burrow ENG Community Translation.
Great job on the translation thus far btw, I don't usually mind MTL, but I appreciate all the work you've done in editing the text to be more readable and so on!

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
There's an error during Diana's capture scene with the base goblins. The text repeats a bunch of single kana I think, you have to click like 20+ times to get it back to normal. Kinda minor, but figured it should be mentioned. If you're impatient, you might think it won't allow you to continue. I was about to give up and assume it was a freeze.

Last edited:

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
There's an error during Diana's capture scene with the base goblins. The text repeats a bunch of single kana I think, you have to click like 20+ times to get it back to normal. Kinda minor, but figured it should be mentioned. If you're impatient, you might think it won't allow you to continue. I was about to give up and assume it was a freeze.

Uploaded a fix to the patch. What a weird ass error.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
TRANSLATION RELEASE FOR DLC 4 and 5

Hey folks! Happy Boxing Day!

For those waiting for the patches to be done, that time is now.

Full save is included in a zip.

Not sure how to tag a moderator for updating the OP with the link, if someone knows how to do that, it would be rad. Figuring out how to get someone more reliable for torrenting to get a P2P share as well. For those with slow MEGA downloads, get MEGASync, it really whips their browser app's ass.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
TRANSLATION RELEASE FOR DLC 4 and 5

Hey folks! Happy Boxing Day!

For those waiting for the patches to be done, that time is now.

Full save is included in a zip.

Not sure how to tag a moderator for updating the OP with the link, if someone knows how to do that, it would be rad. Figuring out how to get someone more reliable for torrenting to get a P2P share as well. For those with slow MEGA downloads, get MEGASync, it really whips their browser app's ass.
For future reference if you ever need an uploader to update the OP with an update just report your post and we will be notified and take care of it. Much like I am doing now :)

Reactions: MuninKai

DMNDCE

Jun 14, 2017
First time downloading this game. Do I still need any of the translation stuff linked in the OP or does the translation posted above include them? They seem to be much older but are still in the OP so..just wanted to check.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
First time downloading this game. Do I still need any of the translation stuff linked in the OP or does the translation posted above include them? They seem to be much older but are still in the OP so..just wanted to check.
I tested it briefly when I uploaded it but I think it is already uptodate on translation. MuninKai can correct me if I am wrong but I want to say it is ready to go "right out of the box" so to speak. Just make sure your computer is setup for Japanese locale to make sure it runs right.

ricky2018

May 4, 2018
Thanks MuninKai but man I don't know if I should jump back into this game. Its kinda hard and kinda made me pull my hair a little....lol its kinda of trial and error if you're not ready for a certain upcoming boss fight.

4.30 star(s) 26 Votes