SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
I am about to drop the next update once i finish one thing up. You will get a glimpse of their dynamic then. It's going to be a slow build up, but i do have some things in mind for her

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
The palace part got a bit bigger than i had planned, so i took the liberty of releasing it a bit earlier. Now, i have promised some events both here and in my discord, these will come a bit later
I have added a fast combat mode to the battles per request. It's a bit not informative for now, mostly for those that want to breeze through, but i am planning to improve it, i actually like using it myself
After a chat with DBAV i've been thinking about things and came to a conclusion that having secret unlocks without ability to go back is bad game design. It may lead to frustration and the longer the player is invested in the game, the more frustration it might cause. I do still want to preserve it's secretive nature. I have made a replay mode, both for the events and combat encounters. I did have my own event system so i had to come up with a way the replay would work, so i had to do a huge update to the event structure and had to write my own replay system for combat events. The system is save reliant but i made the huge save check module that adds the events the player has encountered. I had tested it for about two hours yesterday, but it's hard for me to test every save possibility. If any issues arise, let me know
The combat replay retains all the data, that includes player and enemy unit upgrades, and tracks the secrets. Now, you can grind in these combat events if you want, i figured if anyone wants to do that, they may do so (Yes, i am talking about you)
Enjoy the update
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jun 16, 2022
I just got finished with the game, and I must say I am enjoying God among kings a lot more than I thought I would. I was caught off guard by the story-telling being linear, but the story is very well-written, and the characters are likeable. I wouldn't consider myself a fan of turn-based games, in general, but I do have a soft spot for one called Symphony of War: The Nephilim Saga, and this game somewhat reminds me of it. I look forward to seeing more of this project.

Side note: Random concern of mine, but I have been trying to figure out the longest time, but what are the colors of the Aethburn/Aurelion family? Is it simply black and gold, or is those two colors as well as red? I can't help but notice that Sherry and Dahlia's color scheme are very different from the rest of the Roses.

Additionally, are the Roses just Kieros' loyal elite guard/personal harem, or they are something more than that? I'm curious about the candidacy of Eleanor, Calypso, and Dahlia.

• Red Heart
Reactions: SolidDoc

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
Glad you found it enjoyable
I was caught off guard by the story-telling being linear
When i first started, it was planned to be more open, but i quickly realized that i do not have the free time to make it happen the way i intended. The game had a rough launch, i had to fix a few things, make the process smoother so i left the idea on the backburner. I would love to revisit this at a later point, once i build up the game a bit

Random concern of mine, but I have been trying to figure out the longest time, but what are the colors of the Aethburn/Aurelion family?
It mostly centers around gold. A lot of his Roses were recruited from different parts of the world, which i am hopefully going to explore at some point. My goal was to have some variety to the characters, different cultures, different beliefs. I'd say i have not explored this part so much just yet

And as for the last part, yeah, it's something like personal retinue. Kreios has an admiration for capable warriors and cute girls

Reactions: GoldenEyeDrake

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
Just released the new update, i have started work on leisure feature based on some feedback and folks in the discord greenlit my idea. It feels a bit meh right now, but i have ideas on how to improve it
Other than that, i am still mostly focusing on events at this part of the story, figuring out how to optimize the ai target gathering on the side

Modhunter

Oct 28, 2022
Here we are for more grinding
WOuldn't really call this a grind per se. No finding the right time of day to do the same event over and over again. Bandit attacks have different settings and it a chance to figure out your troop deployments, strenghts and weaknesses. and increase xp to upgrade. I hate the grind in some other games and found this interface clunky at first but the more I played, I found I really enjoy the game, the writing and the characters .

Reactions: SolidDoc
Nov 16, 2021
WOuldn't really call this a grind per se. No finding the right time of day to do the same event over and over again. Bandit attacks have different settings and it a chance to figure out your troop deployments, strenghts and weaknesses. and increase xp to upgrade. I hate the grind in some other games and found this interface clunky at first but the more I played, I found I really enjoy the game, the writing and the characters .
Its a internal joke, I grind lvls because I'm insane, and then keeps bugging Solid to make more upgrads to the units

ionpop

Aug 5, 2019
This bug doubles the troops the General spawns during the Beauregard siege... Tried again in god mode, but didn't appear again.

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/objectives.rpy", line 180, in <module>
ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "map.rpyc", line 215, in script call
File "missions/ch1/chapter1_2.rpyc", line 2, in script call
File "missions/ch1/chapter1_2.rpyc", line 42, in script call
File "battlefield.rpyc", line 58, in script call
File "battlefield.rpyc", line 351, in script call
File "targeting.rpyc", line 689, in script call
File "battlefield.rpyc", line 434, in script call
File "objectives.rpyc", line 180, in script
File "E:\Downloads\GodamongKings-0.16-pc\GodamongKings-0.16-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "E:\Downloads\GodamongKings-0.16-pc\GodamongKings-0.16-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/objectives.rpy", line 180, in <module>
File "E:\Downloads\GodamongKings-0.16-pc\GodamongKings-0.16-pc\renpy\revertable.py", line 97, in do_mutation
return method(self, *args, **kwargs)
ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
God among Kings 0.16
Tue Apr 2 15:32:23 2024"

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
Interesting, i will try to reproduce. A bit lost on how it happened right now

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
I have a rough idea based on the exception log, just need to test it thoroughly

Shizunae

Oct 9, 2019
If i may ask, how much content is there currently? I am right now in a need of a game to pass time, if it's too short like around 2-3 hours it ain't gonna cut it for me currently. I would most likely play it in another time

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
If i may ask, how much content is there currently? I am right now in a need of a game to pass time, if it's too short like around 2-3 hours it ain't gonna cut it for me currently. I would most likely play it in another time
Folks on my discord say that it's about 3-4 hours, it's hard for me to judge because my savefiles are all over the place for testing. It is not too long, so if you're turned off by that, it's best to wait till i beef it up with content

Reactions: Shizunae

LinkBox88

Feb 22, 2020
Does this update require a new game?

I had a complete save going in and I've only been able to trigger one new event (Kreios brings the mirror to his room).
Also leisure time doesn't seem to do anything. I'm able to select/highlight a character at the leisure time screen but that doesn't advance to anything and I'm forced to choose skip to proceed.

LinkBox88

Feb 22, 2020
Does this update require a new game?

I had a complete save going in and I've only been able to trigger one new event (Kreios brings the mirror to his room).
Also leisure time doesn't seem to do anything. I'm able to select/highlight a character at the leisure time screen but that doesn't advance to anything and I'm forced to choose skip to proceed.
Actually, I closed and reloaded the game and that fixed all the issues. Leisure time and side events working fine now.

4.10 star(s) 13 Votes