SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
SolidDoc Any plans to have units also gain XP when attacked instead of just when attacking?
I have fiddled with it when remaking how multi target skill work, and it is already in the code, i just need to tweak the ratio of dmg to exp so it's not too op and activate it

Reactions: diablo8x

Ismjahson

Aug 14, 2018
I have fiddled with it when remaking how multi target skill work, and it is already in the code, i just need to tweak the ratio of dmg to exp so it's not too op and activate it
Very nice. I just finished the current content, and no XP on defense and no counter attacking was probably the most jarring things gameplay wise.

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
counter attacking
I originally had counter attacks during the development process, but it was very punishing to squishy damage dealers like assassins. I am planning to add it to some units as an upgrade, mainly ones that do less damage

Reactions: Ismjahson

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
God among Kings [v0.189] [SolidDoc] - Compressed

Win/Linux [393 MB]
- - - -

Mac [388 MB]
- - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
Beauregard siege using Dahlia's pierce causes an error you can't ignore. I'm attacking the rightmost enemies at the first turn for more info.
Thank you very much, been trying to get this one reproduced for a while now. I've updated the Gdrive build with the fix, will update the rest of the links tomorrow, i am falling asleep

Reactions: DBAV

FuckEA

May 25, 2017
One problem I have with all 18+ SRPG is the hentai part is always independent from the actual game play, and it's usually just some scenes from story event which doesn't make it very exciting. And I think it's very possible to add a bit of Battle Fuck element to SRPG similar to what The Moral Sword of Asagi did for RPG.

Not sure if it's possible for the engine this game uses since I'm not a programmer. But back in 1995, there's a Taiwan company which released a 18+ SRPG called 'Fancy Angel'. Which have a very simple, and similar system to this game where there's an image for an attack and a defender. All the female characters has a hurt image when they get attacked, and a stripped animation for when they get hit by one type of spell used by enemy (the male lead just use the default 'hurt' animation). And I suggest you use a similar system for your story to make it a bit more exciting in battle. Maybe add an image when their HP get reduced to 0, different kind of hurt animation when they are hit by different skills, maybe even different standing, attack animation when they are under different status ailment.

DBAV

Jul 22, 2017
Thank you very much, been trying to get this one reproduced for a while now. I've updated the Gdrive build with the fix, will update the rest of the links tomorrow, i am falling asleep
Can I develop other places without losing possible future events? I kinda want to keep maxing all the places I can but I'm afraid of getting locked out of future prizes for developing.

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
Can I develop other places without losing possible future events? I kinda want to keep maxing all the places I can but I'm afraid of getting locked out of future prizes for developing.
Absolutely, the system tracks it, so if i add new stuff i will hook it up to the save version control check

Reactions: DBAV

at16908

Mar 21, 2017
Hi SolidDoc, I just finished playing though v0.189 and have some ideas/thoughts for you that I hope you consider for the future:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway, I’ve gone on for too long. Thanks for the game and I hope to play more!

• Red Heart
Reactions: SolidDoc

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
Hi SolidDoc, I just finished playing though v0.189 and have some ideas/thoughts for you that I hope you consider for the future
Whew, that was a long one
First of all, glad you're enjoying it, really lifts my spirit up when i see someone having fun with the game i have been working on
I will address some of the points, although i do not want to go into great lengths here, not a fan of forums personally
When it comes to more character. Me, i would like much more, different cultures, mythological beings and all kinds of stuff, but as you pointed out, they are competing for the very limited slots on the field, which needs to be addressed. I am working on a squad system for the map, to garrison those teams in a province for protection (more enemies are coming our way after all and i need to make the map more interactive and fun, as it is quite bland right now (i want to work on some resource management elements, assigning people to get resources to fuel the war effort, that sort of stuff)). One more thing about the characters, they were all designed around a certain theme, i don't want them to feel all too samey, but it takes time to implement
When it comes to map visuals and UI, i totally agree, but there is one issue. I am terrible when it comes to visual stuff. The map was made in a free map generator i found online. Most of my attempts to beautify it have failed. Maybe one day i will get someone to paint over it or something. For now it will be same as it is
As for the dark scenes, they are kinda fun for me, although some folks on my discord been trying to get me "outside the dungeon". Some of the scenes are made dark for a reason, some could use some work (i am remaking prologue as we speak as the quality back when i started was terrible)
Mounts and equipment sounds fun, although that will take a lot of coding, and i am struggling with time as it is, i barely get any game time with the updates with the time i have and i have some many things i need to improve on, it's crushing. I am currently in chapter 4 in my head, while still in the intro with the game, so extra systems will have to wait
As you can see, most of it comes down to time and i don't want to let people down by not making new content, since the game is already afloat, so i am in for a long run. Hope you stay along for the journey, thanks for suggestions

Maulis47

Feb 25, 2024
I think you should keep to your vision as everything seems to flow well so far.
Though I still think golden warriors need that +1def buff at level 4 and/or to counter after the taunt(or taunt by attacking).

4.10 star(s) 13 Votes