VN Ren'Py Onhold Godmotherly Love development thread

TheLostBoyz

Sep 8, 2020
Hey guys,
I'm The Lost Boyz and I'm beginning the work of starting my first VN, "Godmotherly Love" (GML). I've been working on the characters and doing some writing for a month or so now, and I am really ready to begin production, so I thought I would start a development thread to document the production of the game. So what is GML about:

"Godmotherly Love" is a visual novel set in the coastal city of Valentina, CA. The main character (18yo man) is sent to stay there for several weeks over the summer with his godmother, Helen (44yo woman), and her daughter, Megyn (18yo woman). Helen is a relatively recent divorcee and she's looking for some romantic and sexual fulfillment in her life. Megyn has had a crush on the MC since they were kids and has all but given up hope that something will happen between them. Additionally, we meet Megyn's best friend, Jesse (20yo transwoman), a student at the local university who is looking for a good time but not a long time and Megyn's boss, Maisie (34yo woman), who is looking to feel sexy again after being cheated on by her estranged husband.
I will update this thread more as I continue development, learning Ren'py, and talking a bit about my thought processes as I make this thing. For now, I've attached a promo image and some preview pinups of the characters.
Thanks for watching,
The Lost Boyz

TheLostBoyz

Sep 8, 2020
Finally back into Daz Studio after rebuilding the library (with multiple backups) and starting to work on the game tomorrow morning. This week I did a quick render of my zoomer version of Princess Zelda, while I am rebuilding the character wardrobes and custom material presets that I forgot to save.

Zekda Rooftop Patio.jpg

Links (no pun intended) for a few more with her:

TheLostBoyz

Sep 8, 2020
So what fetishes do you plan to add?
Also do you plan to make the trans route avoidable? Not as in avoiding the girl but having a cis route
Nothing too wild in the fetish department, this being my first game, I am trying to keep it simple. There will be a MILF, semi-public sex, as you mentioned a futa/trans character, oral, anal, footjob, creampie... might be forgetting some.

The trans character, Jesse, is one of the two choosable secondary romanceable characters, which means if you choose Maisie you avoid Jesse and likewise. You can also choose neither and focus on the other two romanceable characters.
I also plan to signpost the hell out of it ahead of time, something like "I choose Jesse (This means you will be having sex with a transwoman)" could be how I do it in the final game. I want to be sensitive to the fact that that might not be everyone's cup of tea.

TheLostBoyz

Sep 8, 2020
So no harem route then I guess
Sounds good though and looking forward to it
all the best dude.
PS: Just a recommendation but try reading through Lewdpixels.com articles. They may help you out
Thanks for the well wishes and the recommendation. I am definitely a Lewdpixels reader, so I'm a bit ahead of you already. :)

Reactions: Pijele800

TheLostBoyz

Sep 8, 2020
Helen was a club kid in a past life. This is one of the old photos that the MC will find of her (or maybe she left them for him to "find")

post rave 1.jpg

Reactions: Judge_Dredd_

StormDogg

Nov 20, 2017
Is it possible to give Jesse a little bit bigger boobs,My opinion. And why not make in the future a choosible protaganist. I am the tipe of guy who would love to play with a futa/trans character. O and footjobs,lots of footjobs. Nice going by the way.

TheLostBoyz

Sep 8, 2020
Is it possible to give Jesse a little bit bigger boobs,My opinion. And why not make in the future a choosible protaganist. I am the tipe of guy who would love to play with a futa/trans character. O and footjobs,lots of footjobs. Nice going by the way.
Hey there.
Not in this game (it's a little beyond the scope of this), but in the future? That's definitely an option. I have future games planned with choosable protagonists and a playable trans character is right up my alley. This game is mostly meant to be small and to get my feet wet with vn development. Thanks for your interest and I hope you check it out.

StormDogg

Nov 20, 2017
Hey there.
Not in this game (it's a little beyond the scope of this), but in the future? That's definitely an option. I have future games planned with choosable protagonists and a playable trans character is right up my alley. This game is mostly meant to be small and to get my feet wet with vn development. Thanks for your interest and I hope you check it out.
Ok looking forward to this game and future games.

• Love
Reactions: TheLostBoyz

TheLostBoyz

Sep 8, 2020
Megyn BR Backplate Day.jpg

This week I have been finishing locations and rendering background plates for many of the talking parts, as well as working on the talking heads for the characters in every one of their outfits. I am rendering the background plates at 4k, which IS overkill, but it allows me to downsample them and if I need to zoom in, I have 4x the amount of background than I need.
So far I am pleased with the results.