Unity Abandoned Good at School [Alpha 0.3] [Peuplis]

2.30 star(s) 3 Votes

MonoTonePerv

Jan 10, 2018
Ey nice to see your back dev, was disappointed when I saw this abandoned but I'm glad to see your back. I have high hopes for your game and hope everything goes well.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Ahah! Nice one xD But you are right, the movements are a bit clunky for now. Remember, it's the first release of the Beta, the game has still a long way to go. But the movements is definitely one of the first things I will work on !
Uhm, the beta? This doesn't hardly even warrant an Alpha status.

Anyway. The school you're using? Please find another asset. This has been used so many times, and it was also used for the school shooter game that was canned by Steam. It is a very simple asset (I wonder if it's free cause it is pretty much the only one I have seen in a 3D game the past couple of years)...

Also... am I right that the only "game" till now is "pick up cans, put em in bins, fuck the skank behind the school"? As a third release alpha?
Either you release too often, or you present too few changes between releases. IMO.

Other than that, interesting project, but the tech etc could be better. Especially the shaders and textures.

Yotherethere

Apr 28, 2021
The developer who is not even a real developer lacks a whole lot. Nothing clever, nothing new and nothing unique. Just a boring flat platform filled with generated lifeless npc's and known assets. Calling something alpha is not an excuse to server garbage.

This guy should quit before it gets even more ridiculous.

F1_V10

Apr 9, 2019
Well I just finished playing it, and renaming it alpha was definitely a good move. You came back, instead of letting it go and if you can provide consistency, people will take notice.

Apparently, the school asset is common, I remember seeing it in some other games, but not so well that I can name them.
Player walking seems like rollerskating on ice but not the biggest issue.
The game is barebones, and seems lifeless even though there are many dozen girls walking around.
Add more variety to them, I suppose. All of them walking would seem awkward, so make some of them sit in the benches, sit/lay on the grass area/lawn, make some of them talk, make a random one run, cuz that should happen in schools.

Optimization, I know not now but still take note of it. The objects(trees) and shadows have renderdistances, but no LOD's. Add LOD's.

More teachers, preferably female, to occupy those empty classrooms and staffrooms.

Add a controls section to show what the default controls are, make them editable for convenience. As said before, no load, but no use as of now so, pass.

If space is meant for jump, character does something that definitely anything but jump.

Lemme be honest, you could go two ways about this game. You could have a nice little story and fill the game with as many variations of sex scenes with as many people as you are able to, in various places around the map. The more the merrier and people would like it.

Or, you could develop the sandbox, make unique quests other than simple fetch quests, maybe if possible minigames in a certain classroom. Eg. play sport with students, reward for winner/dare for losers.
Or student tells you to eavesdrop on teachers/staff and report news or something. Or the opposite.
Or some mechanic/minigame in the labroom
Play the game Bully, by rockstar if you wanna see what I mean.(If u've played it, you know already.)

Don't mind the naysayers. Prove em wrong and the whiners little wieners would explode.:ROFLMAO:

But don't go overboard and ambitious and burn yourself out.
Good At School Goodluck and godspeed dev!
PS:

GoodAtSchool 24-11-2022 22_54_26.png
Who is she? Seemed like a witch from afar.

OurManBim

Oct 16, 2022
This is only the first beta, and as now, you are right ! The characters don't really look up the best. Note that as the game is in "real time".. we can't really go to the quality of certain renders ! But that's definitely a point I will be working on. Make better quality 3D models !
Well I mean you are using Unity... look up Neill Blomkamp's ADAM movies, made in Unity, no excuses for bad graphics in 2023.

You could right away make the game look better by implementing better lighting system, it should be relatively easy if you are using PBR materials in your render pipeline already (but by the looks of it it looks like there is just diffuse texture on models so you'd probably have to update all textures, they are also very low res), get some global illumination and AO going, it will make the game look much better, enable SSS on your skin material for characters too and SR for reflective surfaces.

Might not improve the game significantly but better graphics will scare less people of, right now it looks only marginally better than ancient AG3 but if you make it look good and improve animations/models, it could be pretty nice sandboxy/simulation FPS AG like game, which is what we need in this community.

As for models, you could use DAZ as a base, import these into whatever 3D modelling software you are using to refine it, DAZ model exports will come with all the textures you need. For building... well unless you plan to keep these very rudimentary models you'd have to either do from scratch or just buy textures (or use better free ones).

Reactions: Good At School

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
So is this game dead, had nothing for 7 months, not even any posts from the dev.

Antwit

Dec 20, 2018
I sampled 12 cans and put them in the trashcans, earned 60$ got a hand job and fucked the girl behind the school building.
What is possible to do else in this game?
Delete it? or Wait for a revieval ?

2.30 star(s) 3 Votes