Unity Abandoned Good at School [Alpha 0.3] [Peuplis]

2.30 star(s) 3 Votes

CPL_Jimmy

Feb 28, 2018
I am surprised I didn't read anyone else mentioning this... you have the ability to save the game, but there is no ability to load the save.
I also agree with others, limit the number of girls on screen so that it doesn't feel so cluttered, and so lower end computers don't have a problem with it.
In the settings menu, make the resolution selection a drop down menu, it took literally forever to get from 480 to 1440. Also, it has too many refresh rate options. On each resolution I would get 23, 25, 29, 30, 50, 60, 90, 110, 143.... like... pick the main ones only, 30, 60, 144... this will also help with the problem of having way too many resolutions to scroll through.

I like where this is heading and look forward to a good story, a good story is far superior to graphics and lewd content. There is a reason games like Undertale are so popular, despite being an 8 bit game in a 64 bit world.
Of course, people are on this site for the lewd content as well.

Reactions: Good At School

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Last release was eight months ago, last word from the Dev was two months ago about not having time/focus to work further (at least for now) on this game.

Marked as Abandoned.

• Sad
Reactions: iron4doves

Good At School

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2018
Hello everyone! After a long pause. We are back in the game! (pun intended)

I had to step away from developing for personal reasons, but the development has started again.

I hope you can give me your feedbacks so I can keep improving the game.

The current update (Alpha 0.3), was focused on building the foundations of 2 big systems, one the audio speeches, (for now, the audio is generated by an AI, I hope in the future I will be able to hire voice actors!) and also the lipsync system. So, not only the characters can talk now, they can also move their lips! (the system will need a lot of fine tuning)

Hatsui

Oct 20, 2018
Hello everyone! After a long pause. We are back in the game! (pun intended)

I had to step away from developing for personal reasons, but the development has started again.

I hope you can give me your feedbacks so I can keep improving the game.

The current update (Alpha 0.3), was focused on building the foundations of 2 big systems, one the audio speeches, (for now, the audio is generated by an AI, I hope in the future I will be able to hire voice actors!) and also the lipsync system. So, not only the characters can talk now, they can also move their lips! (the system will need a lot of fine tuning)
Good to see you again mr.Dev.

Good At School

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2018
What da hell? This is shit. Straight to the dumpster.
Waw.. That hurts. I know the game is in very early stage and that everyone has different tastes, but to be that rash?

Could you explain a little bit more maybe? Was it something something specific?

The game will improve with time, either the graphics, animations, story and so on, but if its something specific maybe I can try to solve it too!

Jun 21, 2017
Waw.. That hurts. I know the game is in very early stage and that everyone has different tastes, but to be that rash?

The game will improve with time, either the graphics, animations, story and so on, but if its something specific maybe I can try to solve it too!
The game is still in early stages so dont take that too personally, people are spoiled and will trashtalk anything because they dont undestand what alpha means, Im glad you came back tho, its rare to see something unique thats not another incest VN or the 10 billion rpgmaker games out there. I hope you resolved your issues and can continue development. (y)

Good At School

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2018
The game is still in early stages so dont take that too personally, people are spoiled and will trashtalk anything because they dont undestand what alpha means, Im glad you came back tho, its rare to see something unique thats not another incest VN or the 10 billion rpgmaker games out there. I hope you resolved your issues and can continue development. (y)
Thanks for the kind words! And you are right, I'm trying to build something different. In the end, it will be an "open world" game. (well, limited to the school and the few living buildings around it, not something as big as a GTA lol) where you can move around freely and pursue different things.

It takes time because I need to develop everything from scratch, even if I use a few assets I can find online, most of the stuff needs to be done manually. A lot of coding is also "invisible" to the eye, as I'm building the foundation of the game right now, and the results will only show further along the road.

I resolved most of my IRL problems and I can focus on developing the game now! I expect a few negative comments, as the game is far to be finished, I just wish people will be a little bit more constructive and explain why they feel that way so I can focus on improving those parts too.

Anyways, thanks again!

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021

I like the idea for the game, but I think maybe you need to sort out the basics before you think about speech.
Like I follow the onscreen 'quest box' and go see Julia who just tells me I have to work or go to the school to be able to use her services. I get the garbage job from 'Director', I pick up all the cans that I can see, but the job doesn't seem to finish and there is no one to see when there are no more cans to pick up. So I go back to Julia and test out her services, but the 'quest box' still tells me to go see Julia behind the school, the box doesn't acknowledge you've done that.

Apart from seeing a couple of naked girls in the showers, there doesn't seem to be much else to do.

Good At School

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2018
I like the idea for the game, but I think maybe you need to sort out the basics before you think about speech.
Like I follow the onscreen 'quest box' and go see Julia who just tells me I have to work or go to the school to be able to use her services. I get the garbage job from 'Director', I pick up all the cans that I can see, but the job doesn't seem to finish and there is no one to see when there are no more cans to pick up. So I go back to Julia and test out her services, but the 'quest box' still tells me to go see Julia behind the school, the box doesn't acknowledge you've done that.

Apart from seeing a couple of naked girls in the showers, there doesn't seem to be much else to do.
Thank you for your constructive criticism !

I totally get what you mean. And you are right. As of now, there isn't much content in the game. I will work on that for the next update(s).

The thing is that, if you compare to a VN game, where you already have everything out of the box, and you can focus each update on simply adding content, here I need to build up several foundations before expanding the content per se. For example, the speech thing is something that needs to be done early, because every single character I will add to the game will use and share it. If I do it now, when I add a new character, I simply need to add it to him/her, however, if I wait to do it, I will need to go back trough each character to modify them one by one and it can become a mess really quickly.

You are also totally right about the quest box, to be honest, I put it there quickly as a quick advice to players so they aren't totally lost, but its certainly a thing that I need to change. I need to implement a real quest system.

I was thinking of doing a "in game phone system", as you see a lot in other games, that will not only handle the quests, but also give information about the school, current job level/stats, the girls, a map, online shop, etc. It's a work in progress.

Keep in mind the game is in Alpha version, and there is a lot to be done! But comments like yours push me to make it!

Good At School

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2018
You gave me a good idea.

I need to publish a roadmap with the content that is currently in development and the changes that will come with future updates as well.

I will work on that! Thank you very much!

XedDead

Mar 16, 2021

Just wanted to apologies on behalf of the rest of humanity for that individual's mean spirit. I'm also a dev, and sometimes people forget that we're humans too. Personally, I think what you have looks very promising, and Im glad you were able to sort out some of that stuff in your personal life.

Anyhow, this project of yours has some great ground work, excited to see where it goes from here, keep up the good work!

Erik1986

Jul 5, 2017
As people have said before, ignore trolls that just say "it be bad" or variants of that without giving any feedback on it. It's not worth your time and effort to respond to those type of people. As for the game, keep up the good work and good to see you back on it. Good luck with further development.

Jonah Arkon

Sep 22, 2017
ya its bad all around. No control of mouse cursor or the ability to change key binds to navigate. Even using the sucky existing keyboard settings there is no control over anything. Large amounts of chunky movement snippets. one step turns in to 6 steps. Trying to speak with other npcs is virtually impossible. Should have read more into the forum before hand wont make the same mistake twice. Game has been deleted and placed on ignore.

2.30 star(s) 3 Votes