Unity Abandoned Good at School [Alpha 0.3] [Peuplis]

2.30 star(s) 3 Votes

thecyborgmummy

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
Here are my suggestions having tried 0.2:
you want to make your introduction to the world more sexually appealing. right now, it feels a bit more like a zombie outbreak than a girls school. i'm sure the walking animation for the girls is just a temporary one, but i would change that out ASAP. in a sex game you want your girls to have sex appeal, and right now they are walking around like they just spent the last 8 hours riding a horse, and that's the first thing your players see. also, i'd recommend you look into adding some head and eye movement to give them some life. great asset for unity =

the school seems too big to me, or at least it's too big for the amount of things there are to do currently. it's large and mostly empty. There's a ton of girls in the courtyard, but none walking around the school itself.

I would recommend trying to find a more organic way of sending the player to find Julia rather than having a text display it right from the get go. as a player, i have no idea who Julia is or why i'm being sent to her. in my opinion, if anything, the text should be telling us to go talk to his mom, as that is theoretically why our main character is at the school.

a couple of oddball things/bugs:
while talking to Julia her name shows up as Aurora during dialog.
Julia requires we have money for sex, but doesn't actually take the money.
the text which tells us to talk to Julia never goes away even after talking to her.
the gate on the side of the school is open allowing you to go to a different area which also allows you to fall off the map.

obviously, this is very early, but the more content (both sexual and non) and more interactions a player has with the world the more interesting it is for them to explore.

wish you luck

hyco2

Sep 15, 2017
I haven't seen such a walk since Jurassic Park*

Seriously, the last thing that school needs is another Fucker to make them walk even more bowlegged.

And, the previous post was more helpful than the rest of the threat will be. To add my 5c to it, a Unity game that lets my PC heat up more than elite:dangerous and Space Engineers together and is less sexy than a dickpic from me is not a good use of resources. Greta would be unhappy! And the animations of mom-in-game give some very weird vibrations.

*Michael Caine in Miss Congeniality, I think it was called.

Last edited:
Reactions: Good At School

Good At School

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2018
Here are my suggestions having tried 0.2:
you want to make your introduction to the world more sexually appealing. right now, it feels a bit more like a zombie outbreak than a girls school. i'm sure the walking animation for the girls is just a temporary one, but i would change that out ASAP. in a sex game you want your girls to have sex appeal, and right now they are walking around like they just spent the last 8 hours riding a horse, and that's the first thing your players see. also, i'd recommend you look into adding some head and eye movement to give them some life. great asset for unity =

the school seems too big to me, or at least it's too big for the amount of things there are to do currently. it's large and mostly empty. There's a ton of girls in the courtyard, but none walking around the school itself.

I would recommend trying to find a more organic way of sending the player to find Julia rather than having a text display it right from the get go. as a player, i have no idea who Julia is or why i'm being sent to her. in my opinion, if anything, the text should be telling us to go talk to his mom, as that is theoretically why our main character is at the school.

a couple of oddball things/bugs:
while talking to Julia her name shows up as Aurora during dialog.
Julia requires we have money for sex, but doesn't actually take the money.
the text which tells us to talk to Julia never goes away even after talking to her.
the gate on the side of the school is open allowing you to go to a different area which also allows you to fall off the map.

obviously, this is very early, but the more content (both sexual and non) and more interactions a player has with the world the more interesting it is for them to explore.

wish you luck
Hello! Firstly, thank you for your message. And you are perfectly right! Most of the animations in game right now are temporary. The game needs to, and will, evolve a lot in the next updates. Beta 0.1 was to set the bases of the game. Beta 0.2 was to improve on that base with the first feedbacks I received (mostly graphics and player movement). Now that this is done, I will focus on Beta 0.3. That one will be heavily focused on content. Or as you said it.. "making the game have sex appeal".

Firstly, the animations, polishing the characters.. making them sexy and of course starting to add real lewd content. But foremost, I want to implement a "main campaign" in the game. This is the part that will take the player organically towards who he needs to talk to. That will make him evolve trough the game with a real story. (I'm currently writing it). The text on the bottom right will disappear as it's just temporary to welcome new players with at least a direction to play the game, and will be replaced with a real quest log, that will include the main story, but also interesting side stories. In the end, I wish to make all the girls in the school interactable with. And some will have particular fetishes..

I'm still very early in terms of development of the game. For example, for the population system, I want ultimately to have the population (the girls and teachers) organically move trough the school. Go to class automatically, take a walk outside during the pause, go eat at lunch, etc. But the system is still far for from that to be honest. But with time... (and a lot of coding!).. I think the game can go there.

I will take your comment into account while building Beta 0.3! And hope that that version will solve all the issues you mentioned.

Thank you a lot for your encouragement!

Peuplis.

Good At School

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2018
I haven't seen such a walk since Jurassic Park*

Seriously, the last thing that school needs is another Fucker to make them walk even more bowlegged.

And, the previous post was more helpful than the rest of the threat will be. To add my 5c to it, a Unity game that lets my PC heat up more than elite:dangerous and Space Engineers together and is less sexy than a dickpic from me is not a good use of resources. Greta would be unhappy! And the animations of mom-in-game give some very weird vibrations.

*Michael Caine in Miss Congeniality, I think it was called.
Totally agree with you! It was a very good comment and I will highly take it into consideration going forwards toward beta 0.3!

Regarding the problem of optimization, it's also on top of my priority list, and you will see a lot of improvement in the next version too. (Right now, the game is not really optimized but will be in Beta 0.3)

Oh, last, thing, that mom is only a place holder and will be replaced in Beta 0.3 too.. With content specifically done for her..

Here is a little preview of the caracther I'm working on : Not finished yet, I'm not totally satisfied with her in the current state, but will look something like this :

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sinndallas

SD
Donor
Aug 7, 2017
Watch listed. Significant if simple difference between your initial release and your next version so curious to see how you continue to update.

thecyborgmummy

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
Hello! Firstly, thank you for your message. And you are perfectly right! Most of the animations in game right now are temporary. The game needs to, and will, evolve a lot in the next updates. Beta 0.1 was to set the bases of the game. Beta 0.2 was to improve on that base with the first feedbacks I received (mostly graphics and player movement). Now that this is done, I will focus on Beta 0.3. That one will be heavily focused on content. Or as you said it.. "making the game have sex appeal".

Firstly, the animations, polishing the characters.. making them sexy and of course starting to add real lewd content. But foremost, I want to implement a "main campaign" in the game. This is the part that will take the player organically towards who he needs to talk to. That will make him evolve trough the game with a real story. (I'm currently writing it). The text on the bottom right will disappear as it's just temporary to welcome new players with at least a direction to play the game, and will be replaced with a real quest log, that will include the main story, but also interesting side stories. In the end, I wish to make all the girls in the school interactable with. And some will have particular fetishes..

I'm still very early in terms of development of the game. For example, for the population system, I want ultimately to have the population (the girls and teachers) organically move trough the school. Go to class automatically, take a walk outside during the pause, go eat at lunch, etc. But the system is still far for from that to be honest. But with time... (and a lot of coding!).. I think the game can go there.

I will take your comment into account while building Beta 0.3! And hope that that version will solve all the issues you mentioned.

Thank you a lot for your encouragement!

Peuplis.
Sounds good. i know that even to get the game to this point has been a lot of work. don't rush yourself to put out the next update, give yourself some time to get things done you want to get done.

a couple more suggestions for your girls, i would drastically reduce the number of them in the court yard (maybe 1/3 of what they are now). this would help with your optimization, but would also feel more organic. and i'd try to come up with a few things for them to do while they're out there in the courtyard. it looks like they occasionally stop and talk to each other, which is good. maybe have them sit on the benches or stop and check their phones or sit under a tree. just things that they can do so they aren't just walking.

just speaking for myself here, i don't think graphical improvements are a huge priority at this point. when i talk about sex appeal, i'm really just talking about the girls in the game behaving more feminine, which is going to primarily be displayed in their basic animations. no matter how great the graphics are, or how sexy the base model is, if she walks like a dude she's not going to make me want to play further into the game for a chance to have sex with her. this is why i mentioned the walking animation of the girls. because if when the player first enters the game, they see an unflattering animation for all of these girls, it doesn't really motivate them to progress through the game. and all your hard work on the story and campaign go for nothing. if, on the other hand, the player enters the court yard for the first time with a bunch of cute girls in cute girly poses and walking like girls, that's a lot of incentive to play through your campaign.

IXL

Jul 28, 2017
So how far can we get into this Beta? Im just asking so I dont waste time wandering about.

Like it a lot so far.

Ive earned $55 and had the two available scenes with Julia, but thats it...

Is there more to this?

Good At School

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2018
So how far can we get into this Beta? Im just asking so I dont waste time wandering about.

Like it a lot so far.

Ive earned $55 and had the two available scenes with Julia, but thats it...

Is there more to this?
Hi IXL!

Sadly... That's all for now. Beta 1 & 2 were technical betas... that did a lot for the project.. but didn't implemented a lot of content. However, Beta 3, the next one, will be heavily focused on that! And will bring a lot of content into the game! Not just one girl waiting for you in a corner, but actual story and different scenes.

Hope to see you back at that beta!

dingo4life

Oct 20, 2016
Gonna be real, I would probably suggest you consider maybe half the size of the pop and school. I understand wanting to have something grand and big, but having to run for 2 mins could quickly lose it's novelty. Besides in my country a school class is maybe 25-30 students so times that with 4 or 5 and you still got a good chunk to work with and the classes obviously don't need to be that size, it was just an example.
Also you should probably give them some basic pathing and collision with each other since they keep walking into walls in blobs or getting stuck in cracks, like behind the guardhouse. I understand why there is none between the player and them since we can't tell them to go away but currently it look really weird. Also maybe move the camera a bit on the player up, I feel like I'm shorter than most people, unless that is your intention of course.
Not a huge fan of the fact I need to hold down the mouse button to pick stuff up and not drop it, it would be better if it were just a single push or dropped in an inventory. He is moving soda cans not boulders.
Mechanics to the sex would be really nice, even something as simple as an exit and/or speed up slow down. I understand this is very early but these are the first things that spring to mind.
I may have missed somewhere where I could change my name, if I didn't I presume it comes later or we just get a set name but that just confused me a bit to be called "Player".

Good At School

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2018
Gonna be real, I would probably suggest you consider maybe half the size of the pop and school. I understand wanting to have something grand and big, but having to run for 2 mins could quickly lose it's novelty. Besides in my country a school class is maybe 25-30 students so times that with 4 or 5 and you still got a good chunk to work with and the classes obviously don't need to be that size, it was just an example.
Also you should probably give them some basic pathing and collision with each other since they keep walking into walls in blobs or getting stuck in cracks, like behind the guardhouse. I understand why there is none between the player and them since we can't tell them to go away but currently it look really weird. Also maybe move the camera a bit on the player up, I feel like I'm shorter than most people, unless that is your intention of course.
Not a huge fan of the fact I need to hold down the mouse button to pick stuff up and not drop it, it would be better if it were just a single push or dropped in an inventory. He is moving soda cans not boulders.
Mechanics to the sex would be really nice, even something as simple as an exit and/or speed up slow down. I understand this is very early but these are the first things that spring to mind.
I may have missed somewhere where I could change my name, if I didn't I presume it comes later or we just get a set name but that just confused me a bit to be called "Player".
Hi!

In the current state, the School seems indeed very big. That's because the size of the map will be the definitive size of it. If further along the way, I decide to add a mall (surely will where the girls could buy and test lingerie.. and you to peep, or where you can have "dates"), it will replace one of the buildings you can see on the side.

The map may be big, and you move slowly.. (you can still run with shift key) so I intend to implement a teleport system. There will be a few destinations, like school entrance/soccer field/first floor/buildings, etc.. to solve that problem. But it's not there yet (working on it)

Mechanics for sex will come with Beta 0.3 (that will be heavily focused on content), but the first very will be very basic, but don't be afraid, it will improve with time!

PS : you are right about the population system, the girls seem to do what they want and teleport trough walls and stuff. That's of course not intended ! I'm working on solving the issue!

Reactions: Dipsode

vendarr

Jan 22, 2019
Very interesting project. I will definitely keep an eye on this. Good luck to the developer. Hope you will get the game where you want it.

Good At School

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2018
Tbh i really like how you can fly by spamming spacebar :LOL:
Hey ! That was in Beta 0.1 ! I removed the ability to jump (temporarily, it will come back) in Beta 0.2 ! Be sure to try that one too to see the difference and the improvements !

But.. Maybe I should let the ability to fly.. That's pretty cool indeed xD

IXL

Jul 28, 2017
Hi IXL!

Sadly... That's all for now. Beta 1 & 2 were technical betas... that did a lot for the project.. but didn't implemented a lot of content. However, Beta 3, the next one, will be heavily focused on that! And will bring a lot of content into the game! Not just one girl waiting for you in a corner, but actual story and different scenes.

Hope to see you back at that beta!
OK no worries. Can I suggest an indication somewhere in the game so we know in future releases if we have completed all available scenes?

Apr 1, 2018
No offense but I had a full headache trying to play with the controls and the mouse sensitivity but since this is beta release I will let it slide. But can you add some control settings in future updates? to minimize mouse sens and make the movements a little smoother? Also I kept getting stuck by the girls and had a hard time moving around since I would run into them every second or so.

• Angry
Reactions: IXL

Good At School

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2018
No offense but I had a full headache trying to play with the controls and the mouse sensitivity but since this is beta release I will let it slide. But can you add some control settings in future updates? to minimize mouse sens and make the movements a little smoother? Also I kept getting stuck by the girls and had a hard time moving around since I would run into them every second or so.
Are you sure you are testing the Beta 0.2?

This was a real problem in Beta 0.1 but it was solved in 0.2. Not only I added slower movements for the player, but I also added an option in the menus so you can adjust mouse sensitivity yourself.

I noticed that you are not the first one claiming to do things that were corrected in Beta 0.2 Can you tell me from which sever are you downloading the game so I can check if the good file (0.2 and not 0.1) was uploaded?

Apr 1, 2018
Are you sure you are testing the Beta 0.2?

This was a real problem in Beta 0.1 but it was solved in 0.2. Not only I added slower movements for the player, but I also added an option in the menus so you can adjust mouse sensitivity yourself.

I noticed that you are not the first one claiming to do things that were corrected in Beta 0.2 Can you tell me from which sever are you downloading the game so I can check if the good file (0.2 and not 0.1) was uploaded?
Huh... well that's odd cause I downloaded the game from this very thread.

Good At School

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2018
Huh... well that's odd cause I downloaded the game from this very thread.
What does the main menu says exactly? Beta 0.1 or 0.2? Anyways, if it's 0.2 (with the new girls) you should have the option in the option menu to modify mouse sensitivity. Can you tell me if that option helps? Or if it's not configured well enough? (I must admit that I use myself a very low sensitivity, because I'm a fps player also, so it can maybe cause problems with people that use a normal or high sensitivity)

Apr 1, 2018
What does the main menu says exactly? Beta 0.1 or 0.2? Anyways, if it's 0.2 (with the new girls) you should have the option in the option menu to modify mouse sensitivity. Can you tell me if that option helps? Or if it's not configured well enough? (I must admit that I use myself a very low sensitivity, because I'm a fps player also, so it can maybe cause problems with people that use a normal or high sensitivity)
ya it seems like I got a download to beta v0.1 any idea where I can get v0.2?

2.30 star(s) 3 Votes