kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
I love Shawna and Lina I'm hoping the MC gets a chance to knock both of them up. But I'm also wondering if maybe the MC's sister might actually be alive somewhere and maybe his Mom as well and they just lost their memories. Screw his Dad because apparently he was an ass and always fighting with his Mom. Maybe finding out that they are alive will give Allison a lot more joy and not make her as sad as she was.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
No guys. I simply fixed the naming and dialog. thus far the changes have not effected the game play. Everything works as it should. The scene with Katie works as well as every other scene so far. This just means that everyone is referred to by their proper names and they arent called "Landlady, Roommate, Tenant" etc. I also fixed a few script errors and fixed some sentence structure.

I have played through the game with and without the script.rpy file change and nothing plays any different. If you are concerned, simply create a folder, copy and paste a copy of the game to that folder and try the file there. You will see the changes for yourself without any loss of play-ability.
If I understand you correctly, you made an incest patch to correct the censored dialogues, right? But, allow me, there was already an incest patch that did that work.
Anyway I will try your patch as well to see the changes you made, and if it's better in comparison to the existent Ipatch, thank you for you effort. :)

Reactions: MoonBox

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Please do. I just want to see if it works. As I said, this is my first try at this. Any feedback is appreciated. If it doesn't work or is not needed I will go back and try again.
Hey!
Ok I tried your patch, it seems to work fine I didn't have any issues so far so it's a good start.
Now for the less good part, there's a couple of errors in it that I will address to you:
1- Allison is not the godmother but the grandma of the MC, so you need to modify this first;
2 - The MC calls her confidentially "Nana" instead of Allison ( so you may want to add this options for when the game ask how the MC address her);
3 Cat is Lizzie's daughter, so she's not the MC's friend but his cousin;
I think you're on a good start so far, the script didn't give me any errors, I need to see if it works with the mod, but even if it shouldn't I think yours is an alternative for those who don't want to use it so keep up. :) (y)

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
1- Allison is not the godmother but the grandma of the MC, so you need to modify this first;

Thank you so much for your feedback but I feel this is not true. Thomas was taken in by Allison Williams. At no point would Thomas "Phillips" been called a Phillips if he were adopted by Allison Williams. There is no reference of any kind to an adoption of any kind and they do not share last names. Yes, I am sure that the adoption could be "implied" but why? it is unnecessary.

As for the rest, what I just stated makes all of the rest a mute point.

It doesn't matter though. I removed the OP because people much less nice than you were basing me via PM. All I wanted to do was offer an alternative and correct the script based on what is clearly an attempt on the developers part to create a "tag" that never existed. Thank you so much for looking it over though. I will be sticking to playing these games from now on.
You are certainly allowed to enjoy the game how you want and making a patch to help you get the most out of the game your way is fine, no one should be giving you crap about it.

However, the reason for the difference in last names is because Allison is the MC's mother's mother. She is his maternal grandmother. Philips is his father's last name.

Again though, if you enjoy the game more with her being his godmother than that's fine.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019

Thank you so much for your feedback but I feel this is not true. Thomas was taken in by Allison Williams. At no point would Thomas "Phillips" been called a Phillips if he were adopted by Allison Williams. There is no reference of any kind to an adoption of any kind and they do not share last names. Yes, I am sure that the adoption could be "implied" but why? it is unnecessary.

As for the rest, what I just stated makes all of the rest a mute point.

It doesn't matter though. I removed the OP because people much less nice than you were basing me via PM. All I wanted to do was offer an alternative and correct the script based on what is clearly an attempt on the developers part to create a "tag" that never existed. Thank you so much for looking it over though. I will be sticking to playing these games from now on.
That's sad to read, and I'm sorry for that ,people should try to be civil when they address the other even if they think that person did something wrong so I apologise for that.
But I think there's a misunderstanding going on there so I will try to clarify some things to you.
The script you read was censored by Moonbox, the reason is that Patreon since 2017 abide to the pressure of Visa ( his former control partner) to ban a lot of contents with controversial aspects such as incest.
So in order to not loose his funding, or worse having their accounts cancelled, Moonbox (and other devs) are forced to make a censored version of their works.
That's why in the script you found there where things like the MC being adopted or Allison not being his grandma or Cat being his friend and not his cousin etc etc.
But the reality is that a third part with the patch restored things as the dev wanted them to be, an hint is that the game is called Grandma's house for a reason.
The game contain incest in it's original form, and that was stated here clearly by Moonbox, so that's why the patch was needed.
Anyway and again, I'm sorry you suffered those attacks and I hope you will enjoy the game nonetheless. :)

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Wrong - It is said multiple times that Allison is the MC's Grandmothers "Friend". Many many times it is said verbatim.
I had thought you played with the incest patch and didn't like it, hince why you made your own patch, that seems to be my mistake.

I have not played the unpatched version because the developer, who uses the forum has "confirmed" that it is meant to be patched. The unpatched Patron friendly version may have what you said here, I assume, but not the patched version.

Again, you can play the game how you wish, I was simply saying that even in the incest patched version they have different last names, because in that version she is his maternal grandmother. In the unpatched version she is just some random family friend.

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Geez, all this hassle because of an wrongly installed patch.
:FacePalm:

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
From the version "with" the Taboo patch.
That's strange, as the other's already said the patch is different and give me the same screens as JoeTheMC84 showed.
What I'm thinking is that maybe you have an older patch that wasn't entirely faithful, but I assure you that the correct relations are those showed you in those screenshots, not in yours.
I can only renew my hope that you will still play the game, it's a real good and heartwarming story so I hope you will continue the journey with the MC and all the wonderful characters especially Nana. :)

MoonBox

Asses & Affection
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 11, 2021
Boogg

Might be worth keeping your patch up. Some people don't like incest and your version sounds better than the official version.
Just tell the people PMing you to fuck off and block them.

Edit: No clue who Phillips is supposed to be. Nana is Williams and MC is Miller.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 280 Votes