FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
that is not true, I said only the "Magic Cookies" ; you allways start to sing in celtic after you had a few :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Gaelic, not Celtic. (I think...) AFAIK Celts had MANY languages, dialects and so on... But I am little more than a Ignoramus on the subject, in spite of the fact that even if I can't understand a fucking word of it, the sound of the language resonates in me... Like a barely present memory. It's fucking weird.

Peace :(

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
that is not true, I said only the "Magic Cookies" ; you allways start to sing in celtic after you had a few :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Gaelic, not Celtic. (I think...) AFAIK Celts had MANY languages, dialects and so on... But I am little more than a Ignoramus on the subject, in spite of the fact that even if I can't understand a fucking word of it, the sound of the language resonates in me... Like a barely present memory. It's fucking weird.

Peace :(
I wasn't going to say anything, but as it was brought up, you're both wrong.

Gaelic is the family of languages. Irish is Gaeilge. Calling irish/gaeilge gaelic is like calling italian or french romance.

"oh there he goes talking romance again" < That's an obviously nonsense sentence. Same if you replace romance with gaelic.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
FatGiant; don't they speak Gaelic in Scottland ? our friend is Eire as far as I know, so please S1nsational help, !
Edit: just saw your post. thanks
as far as I know Italian and French, are romance languages together with Spanish, Portuguese, Romanian.

Last edited:

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
FatGiant; don't they speak Gaelic in Scottland ? our friend is Eire as far as I know, so please S1nsational help, !
just saw your post. thanks
I wasn't going to say anything, but as it was brought up, you're both wrong.

Gaelic is the family of languages. Irish is Gaeilge. Calling irish/gaeilge gaelic is like calling italian or french romance.

"oh there he goes talking romance again" < That's an obviously nonsense sentence. Same if you replace romance with gaelic.
To add on, Scottish Gaelic is a language, "gaelic" isn't.

3.80 star(s) 286 Votes