SpaghettiFor2

Jun 22, 2018
Damn this game! It ended too soon. That cliffhanger really blueballed me. Once again, great job, MoonBox. Looking forward to the next update ;)

• Red Heart
Reactions: MoonBox

yoici

Apr 25, 2021
Is the anti incest mod glitched because even the falliah calls you tenant and Jada is aliyah's landlady

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
yup, perhaps the dev should try and optimize the images a bit, and/or to post update-patches, along the full game.
99% of "high-speed" free hosts are an utter garbage in 99% of times, so downloading large files really is a pain in the brain.
for example the best solution for me seemed to be transfer.sh.
The download has started great, and now at 5+ downloaded GBs im seriously considering to cancel it all, as it fluctates between 0-100KB/s:HideThePain:
Imho the answer to a lot of the bloat we see with games can be corrected using a newer image format like WebP.

Converting an older game with thousands of images does take work, but the resulting decrease in file size and Upload/Download time is worth the trouble. For newer games the decision to use WebP instead of JPEG or PNG is a no brainer, but I think a lot of Dev's don't even know they can use it, hopefully that will change.

A WebP file for the same image quality is at least 25% smaller and that reduction in image size adds up quickly. The resulting reduction in the size or the Game file is yuge, it's Win/Win for both Dev's and consumers. Some Dev's here are using it, hopefully more will be soon.

Last edited:

bbergenn

Aug 30, 2020
Really like the game and enjoyed every update but please, invest some time into proper file compression and clean up dead files. There's absolutely no reason for a game of this length, which doesn't even have animations, to be 6,6 GB. I'm sure lots of people would appreciate it and it's just gonna accumulate until the it gets so big a lot of people will just discard it. At least for me there's a couple of games I was interested in, saw the file size was 10+ GB for a renpy/rpgm game and just thought "nah I'm good".

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
The side characters are only there for sex scenes until we get to the good stuff. If this game was in chapters, v0.05 would be the end of the prologue. We're still in the getting to know the characters phase. You won't be seeing most of the side chicks again.
I had assumed that many of the side chicks would form something of a pool of characters you would be using to have sex scenes in later updates. Obviously, none would get a lot of attention but the idea that one or more might never show up again is a little saddening. I still really like the game, and this isn't a problem really, just curious that some are already left aside as one offs. Feels like closing a door to a resource when you can have them in the back pocket for a later date if you need a character in a spot.

May 14, 2020
If this was only the prologue color me impressed! All of the main cast has a nice bit of depth going for them already and I like what you're doing with the side girls of just giving us some appetizers (I do hope to see some side girls return of course but that's for later).

Also you made Kitty Kat too irresistible with those eyes man jeez.

• Red Heart

MoonBox

Asses & Affection
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 11, 2021
Imho the answer to a lot of the bloat we see with games can be corrected using a newer image format like WebP.

Converting an older game with thousands of images does take work, but the resulting decrease in file size and Upload/Download time is worth the trouble. For newer games the decision to use WebP instead of JPEG or PNG is a no brainer, but I think a lot of Dev's don't even know they can use it, hopefully that will change.

A WebP file for the same image quality is at least 25% smaller and that reduction in image size adds up quickly. The resulting reduction in the size or the Game file is yuge, it's Win/Win for both Dev's and consumers. Some Dev's here are using it, hopefully more will be soon.
Really like the game and enjoyed every update but please, invest some time into proper file compression and clean up dead files. There's absolutely no reason for a game of this length, which doesn't even have animations, to be 6,6 GB. I'm sure lots of people would appreciate it and it's just gonna accumulate until the it gets so big a lot of people will just discard it. At least for me there's a couple of games I was interested in, saw the file size was 10+ GB for a renpy/rpgm game and just thought "nah I'm good".
Already WEBP. Game has 4000 renders.

I had assumed that many of the side chicks would form something of a pool of characters you would be using to have sex scenes in later updates. Obviously, none would get a lot of attention but the idea that one or more might never show up again is a little saddening. I still really like the game, and this isn't a problem really, just curious that some are already left aside as one offs. Feels like closing a door to a resource when you can have them in the back pocket for a later date if you need a character in a spot.
The door is never closed, if I have a reason to bring them back I will. Shawna and Lily, you'll see again. Aiko has a scene left, you'll see Lina when it's time to move again, etc

maurice68

Jul 25, 2017
just reading back some of the above comments it is like..."I want factuals in my fantasies"
just enjoy the game as it has been designed
"of tastes and coulours..."
the designer may have some tastes that are not specifically yours...doesn't make it a bad game...
ok done with my "2 cents" back to enjoying the game ;)

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
The door is never closed, if I have a reason to bring them back I will. Shawna and Lily, you'll see again. Aiko has a scene left, you'll see Lina when it's time to move again, etc
Looking forwards to seeing some more Aiko and Shawna... and Lily... and Lina....

Dang It MoonBox! Why did you make some many great characters!? I want all of them to be main love interests! :ROFLMAO:

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019

While your idea is a sound one, your recommendation is as flawed as the information you're basing it on.

The problem at hand does not stem from using an 'old' image format, but from using either lossless compression (PNG, WEBP) or too high a quality setting on lossy ones (JPEG, WEBP). Granted some developers never bother with the or (feel they) aren't technically versed enough to convert their images, most simply lack a clear picture about what quality setting to choose. Which brings us to the sound part of your idea: when in doubt, compressing to WEBP with a quality setting of 90 (preferably with -preset photo -m 6 -pass 10 -af) produces a very high quality result rivaling the source material at a fraction of the size.

The rest of your claims are unsound, at best. WEBP can only be considered superiour to JPEG in the absence of mozjpeg – or the presence of transparency. In case of the latter, it does reign supreme, yes. However, the size gains you're quoting are doctored results, comparing to cjpeg only and making an utterly ridiculous claim of saving 'at least 25 percent'. That number is way closer to 'at best', even for cjpeg.
Enter mozjpeg. cwebp and mozjpeg are very close in actual compression efficiency, leading to the individual image composition to be the deciding factor which of them produces the better result. So for developers wanting to deliver high quality images on low file sizes, JPEG is not only still an option but can actually be the better one. See this post of mine showcasing my point.
Do take note that actually comparing the output of cwebp and mozjepg requires either a third-party tool to check the SSIM values or utilizing cwebp's -jpeg_like switch to have it that mozjepg and other JPEG encoders do.

MoonBox, see above. :)

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
My only gripe with this game is the lack of music

The writing is always great but sometimes scenes do get dry with just dead silence happening imo :unsure:
People bitch about that so much. Let me ask you this. You ever made one these games? No, figures. That is a lot of work for them for you to get a free game. Your reading a visual novel, not listening to one.

Cavazax

Nov 14, 2017
I just download v0.05 and i carried on from my last save at the end of 0.04 and nothing happened do i have a bugged save or something?

Reactions: Warphorror

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
While I would love for Moon's game to get the eyeballs that games like MNF & WVM gets. I'm scared of that for him, cuz those games have some batshit crazy fans who are so far gone in the entitled department it turns the threads into a fucking radiation zone.

I'm starting to see some of them seeping over here.

3.80 star(s) 286 Votes