FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
that is not true, I said only the "Magic Cookies" ; you allways start to sing in celtic after you had a few :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Gaelic, not Celtic. (I think...) AFAIK Celts had MANY languages, dialects and so on... But I am little more than a Ignoramus on the subject, in spite of the fact that even if I can't understand a fucking word of it, the sound of the language resonates in me... Like a barely present memory. It's fucking weird.

Peace :(

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
that is not true, I said only the "Magic Cookies" ; you allways start to sing in celtic after you had a few :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Gaelic, not Celtic. (I think...) AFAIK Celts had MANY languages, dialects and so on... But I am little more than a Ignoramus on the subject, in spite of the fact that even if I can't understand a fucking word of it, the sound of the language resonates in me... Like a barely present memory. It's fucking weird.

Peace :(
I wasn't going to say anything, but as it was brought up, you're both wrong.

Gaelic is the family of languages. Irish is Gaeilge. Calling irish/gaeilge gaelic is like calling italian or french romance.

"oh there he goes talking romance again" < That's an obviously nonsense sentence. Same if you replace romance with gaelic.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
FatGiant; don't they speak Gaelic in Scottland ? our friend is Eire as far as I know, so please S1nsational help, !
Edit: just saw your post. thanks
as far as I know Italian and French, are romance languages together with Spanish, Portuguese, Romanian.

Last edited:

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
FatGiant; don't they speak Gaelic in Scottland ? our friend is Eire as far as I know, so please S1nsational help, !
just saw your post. thanks
I wasn't going to say anything, but as it was brought up, you're both wrong.

Gaelic is the family of languages. Irish is Gaeilge. Calling irish/gaeilge gaelic is like calling italian or french romance.

"oh there he goes talking romance again" < That's an obviously nonsense sentence. Same if you replace romance with gaelic.
To add on, Scottish Gaelic is a language, "gaelic" isn't.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Edit: just saw your post. thanks
as far as I know Italian and French, are romance languages together with Spanish, Portuguese, Romanian.
Also in Wales, think only in Wales and Ireland it is still really spoken as a real living language though, but also not an expert in that, just know enough that Cwrw is beer and uisquebaugh whiskey or water of life if remember right:)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: S1nsational

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Well, now The List™ has been activated ...

Why do people put up an argument, on multiple posts, if in the end they're just going to TRY to drop the mic with "I'm right, you all are toxic 'cause you think I'm wrong, so bye!"

3.80 star(s) 295 Votes