Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Grandma's House - Walkthrough + Music Mod[v0.16a/v0.37a/v0.53/v0.56] [KoGa3]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
There is literally no need for these mods for this game. you only need to download the ic files on the op. I found the mods break the game, when moving from v.016 onward. Endless exceptions, which was caused entirely by the mods. Having to play through v.016 again and then getting exception errors when I try to play v.037 which is part 2, endless mod exceptions, which mean I now have to go back and play the game again, by trying to tab through everything. I won't bother with the mods this time around. You really don't need a walk through or anything else, except as I said the ic patches on the op.
Hi. Sorry to hear about the game problems with my Mod. But there can be various reasons causing that. The most ones are using the wrong Mod version for the already three game parts. They must be the same version/match. Meaning game part one v0.16 needs Mod version v0.16, game part two v0.37 you have to use Mod version v0.37 and so on. Also check the installation instructions, the extracted Mod files must be moved to the .../game folder. Also be sure to use EXACTLY the transfer save ("Save Now") from one game part to the next.

About the "need" of my Mod. There isn't. It's as some already said a MODification to the game with some further little helps I tried to do (the WT recommendations, the extended game settings, renaming characters, some game cheats, adding a music player to the game,...). But non of them are "needed" for playing the game. If you only want the taboo patch then it's of course better to download that. Using my Mod for only getting this patch is imo a bit of an "overkill".

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2020
i play android version of mod and main menu says v0.39 but it says the game ends for now but the mod menu says progress is at v0.38?

Reactions: KoGa3

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
i play android version of mod and main menu says v0.39 but it says the game ends for now but the mod menu says progress is at v0.38?
Thanks for the info. Seems I've overseen to add the v0.39 info in my Mod menu for the new part. The port itself is of course v0.39. I correct that with the next version.

Reactions: Night Hacker

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
why eerytime i got this error and i need to try to delete some of those ending file?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'game/ending.rpy', 1665499905, 0) is defined twice, at game/ending.rpy:2 and game/ending2.rpy:2.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 447, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 283, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 797, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "renpy/script.py", line 473, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "renpy/script.py", line 452, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'game/ending.rpy', 1665499905, 0) is defined twice, at game/ending.rpy:2 and game/ending2.rpy:2.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895

Thu Oct 12 08:30:37 2023

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
i gues is an issue about the update only and not the mod..i post this in the right topic.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
i gues is an issue about the update only and not the mod..i post this in the right topic.
Seems you somehow have part 2 and part 3 combined/mixed up because you have the file "ending.rpy" from part 2 and the file " ending2.rpy" from part 3. That will cause a "double defined" error. Maybe a fresh install from part 3 helps.

Tico7533on

Oct 5, 2021
KoGa3 :

Quick question:

I always use your mod, and somewhere along the (many) updates, I noticed a change in the Mod's behaviour, if you will. It was some time after, or around the time you added the main menu theme song, 'Hope', by Ikson. Because it used to shut off, when you go to load your previous save, but ever since then, you have to go into the mod menu, and jukebox submenu, to play another song, and set other jukebox preferences if you like, otherwise it just keeps playing on repeat for the rest of the game. And I don't remember if it started playing a different song before this "change", but it definitely stopped playing the main menu theme song back then. And would then play the other songs, as per your prefs in the jukebox settings, when the save had been loaded.

So my question is this, is this something you can revert back to how it used to function, in an upcoming update? Because while it doesn't take long to sort out in the jukebox, after having done that for quite a few updates now, it gets old really fast, and is a bit annoying. And if anyone else has noticed this, please let me know, or if you can open the game, and go to load a save, and see if it keeps playing for you as well, I would really appreciate it. And I'm pretty sure it's within the Mod, but confirmation is always a good thing. So if anyone wanna run that test for me, and let me know, that would be great, so I potentially can rule out whether or not if it's just me experiencing this.

Last edited:

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
KoGa3 :

Quick question:

I always use your mod, and somewhere along the (many) updates, I noticed a change in the Mod's behaviour, if you will. It was some time after, or around the time you added the main menu theme song, 'Hope', by Ikson. Because it used to shut off, when you go to load your previous save, but ever since then, you have to go into the mod menu, and jukebox submenu, to play another song, and set other jukebox preferences if you like, otherwise it just keeps playing on repeat for the rest of the game. And I don't remember if it started playing a different song before this "change", but it definitely stopped playing the main menu theme song back then. And would then play the other songs, as per your prefs in the jukebox settings, when the save had been loaded.

So my question is this, is this something you can revert back to how it used to function, in an upcoming update? Because while it doesn't take long to sort out in the jukebox, after having done that for quite a few updates now, it gets old really fast, and is a bit annoying. And if anyone else has noticed this, please let me know, or if you can open the game, and go to load a save, and see if it keeps playing for you as well, I would really appreciate it. And I'm pretty sure it's within the Mod, but confirmation is always a good thing. So if anyone wanna run that test for me, and let me know, that would be great, so I potentially can rule out that it's not just me experiencing this.
A bit strange. I do remember I had a forced music stop when loading a save in old Mods back then, that's maybe what you remember. I check that when having some free time.

Tico7533on

Oct 5, 2021
A bit strange. I do remember I had a forced music stop when loading a save in old Mods back then, that's maybe what you remember. I check that when having some free time.

Cool, and that's probably what it is, the forced stop thing, I mean. And I assume it's supposed to stop playing the main menu theme, when you have loaded the save, right? Because the first time I noticed it, I just thought it was funny, like "Haha, Koga messed something up in the Mod this time", but like I said, after a while, it gets a bit boring, having to manually stop the track from playing, and I typically just click on another track, after having set the jukebox to shuffle and repeat all tracks, as that seems to be the quickest approach. But no rush, check and/or fix it at your leisure, bro. Just wanted to let you know, and sorry I didn't mention this to you sooner, and while I can do basic coding to fix typos and such, you probably are more skilled in that than me, and I didn't want to tell you how to do your job, in a way. So, I just waited, in the hope that someone else would report this oddity, and it would be fixed rather quick after that, as you typically are pretty quick when it comes to updating the Mod, and fixing bugs people report. So again, sorry for not letting you know sooner. And thanks for the speedy reply.

sergesan

Aug 3, 2018
can i use the 0.41 mod for the update 0.40 cause i couldnt dl the 0.40 mod or does it play after 039 without mod and begins again with 0.41? i couldnt find the mod for 0.40 at the right time...

Satou Pendragon

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
can i use the 0.41 mod for the update 0.40 cause i couldnt dl the 0.40 mod or does it play after 039 without mod and begins again with 0.41? i couldnt find the mod for 0.40 at the right time...
I don't really know but why don't you download the game V0.41 and the mod V0.41 or am I missing something?

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
0.41 includes all of 0.40 (and all of 0.38 and 0.39), so there's no reason to use 0.40 when 0.41 is out.

Part 1: 0.16 (and everything that was in every previous update)
Part 2: 0.37 (and everything that was in every previous update from 0.17 on)
Part 3: (whatever the current version is until MB moves to Part 4) (including everything that was in every previous update from 0.38 on)

Reactions: KoGa3 and imzahai
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote