Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Grandma's House - Walkthrough + Music Mod[v0.16a/v0.37a/v0.53/v0.56] [KoGa3]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Info:
I've made again a Mod for the new release v0.38 (start of game part 3). So far I integrated the i-patch for part 2, I think it should work for it, too.

Also similar as with part 2 my port for part 3 is installed as an update and REPLACES the old port v0.37. So maybe check before you install it if you really have the needed save at the end of v0.37!

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
Info:
I've made again a Mod for the new release v0.38 (start of game part 3). So far I integrated the i-patch for part 2, I think it should work for it, too.

Also similar as with part 2 my port for part 3 is installed as an update and REPLACES the old port v0.37. So maybe check before you install it if you really have the needed save at the end of v0.37!
save transition works fine without and with your mod
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Info:

I don't actually remember having to do anything extra special last time, so I'm going to ask a question in hopes of clarifying this:

Are you saying if we used your mod in 0.37 then we have to install your mod in 0.38 before importing the save? (I mean, I kinda did that anyway...) or are you saying we should import the save, save a new game in 0.38, close and THEN install the mod?

(to be fair, I already played 0.38 using the KoGa3 Music-Only™ method and didn't have any problems loading the special save ...)

EDIT: and I didn't notice the post right below KoGa's ...

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
I don't actually remember having to do anything extra special last time, so I'm going to ask a question in hopes of clarifying this:

Are you saying if we used your mod in 0.37 then we have to install your mod in 0.38 before importing the save? (I mean, I kinda did that anyway...) or are you saying we should import the save, save a new game in 0.38, close and THEN install the mod?

(to be fair, I already played 0.38 using the KoGa3 Music-Only™ method and didn't have any problems loading the special save ...)

EDIT: and I didn't notice the post right below KoGa's ...
The "warning" was only for the port since if you install the new and you don't have the needed save from v0.37 you would have to install the old port again to be able to make one. On PC there actually should be no problem, even if you are not using my Mod anymore (I tried that myself with a pure game install)

Reactions: Elhemeer

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
The "warning" was only for the port since if you install the new and you don't have the needed save from v0.37 you would have to install the old port again to be able to make one. On PC there actually should be no problem, even if you are not using my Mod anymore (I tried that myself with a pure game install)
Duh ... I missed you were talking about the Android version. Makes sense.

garyjlinder64

Jun 23, 2021
View attachment 1638029

Overview:
This Mod adds a walkthrough + game point hints for choices.
Both can be turned on/off while playing the game.
Second Mod version with additional RePlay and music in these scenes.
Info: Mod downloads already includes the Taboo (incest) patch

Sept. 11, 2023
finished the Mod/port for the new game part 3 / v0.38
I included so far the i-patch for part 2. It actually should work for part 3, too

Updated: 2023-09-11
Game: Grandma's House
Creator: MoonBox - - - - -
Modder: KoGa3 - F95zone / /
Mod Version: Part 3: v0.38 (Part 1: v0.16a, Part 2: v0.37a )
Game Version: v0.38 (v0.16, v0.37)
Language: English

Features:

Installation:

Change-Log:

Mod for game Part 1 / v0.16:

Mod for game Part 2 / v0.37:

Mod for game Part 3 / v0.38:

Download Mod with WT
(incl. Taboo Patch) v0.38WT (1MB)
- -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second Mod version with WT and jukebox player
(incl. Taboo Patch), v0.38MusicWT (~50MB)
- -

Android port from the game compressed
with integrated Mod v0.38MusicWT (~150MB)
(incl. Taboo Patch)
- -

Info: the part 3 port is installed as an update for part 2.
Please check if you already have the needed save at the
end of v0.37 for the new v0.38 before installing it!
The old port is replaced when you install the new port v0.38.

preview pics of the Mod:
View attachment 2372802 View attachment 2372803 View attachment 2372804 View attachment 2372805 View attachment 2372806

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Optional:
If needed here a save from the beginning of v0.38
(on save page 1)

The new version is full of exception errors, and that's only selecting the first gallery item to view. Would hate to see how bumpy it will be in actual gameplay. Don't think it's a patch issue, as I replaced it with new rels.rpy file, and still errored in same frames.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
The new version is full of exception errors, and that's only selecting the first gallery item to view. Would hate to see how bumpy it will be in actual gameplay. Don't think it's a patch issue, as I replaced it with new rels.rpy file, and still errored in same frames.
I re-checked that, but for me it worked. According your error discription I assume there is something wrong with the game or Mod install. I am not sure, but maybe you used the wrong Mod version for the game. They MUST match (game v0.38 / Mod v0.38).

Edit: you are right, there seems to be a bug in the gallery from the main game. But only there, in the normal playthrough that issue does not appear.

Last edited:

Games&Games

May 7, 2023
Mine was also giving me the error he mentioned, but it only happened in the gallery scenes, because in the normal game everything was fine.
The error in question was that in all of MC's dialogues it was like this - mc "My cheeks have suddenly gotten very cold." - and there was a missing N on the mc side (mcN), making the error disappear.

I arranged everything in the file in question and it worked fine, if you want, just download the file below and place it and replace it in the game's Game folder

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
KoGa3 I can confirm that Gallery issue. Somehow the variable 'mc' got mangled. Using console and setting it manually at the start of each gallery play does fix the issue, but.....

Reactions: KoGa3

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
KoGa3 I can confirm that Gallery issue. Somehow the variable 'mc' got mangled. Using console and setting it manually at the start of each gallery play does fix the issue, but.....
I tried now to make a fix for that in my Mod v0.38a
Will you be doing a mod for Collage Days?
I made one, available here
Be aware the game has no choices, so therefore no WT needed. The Mod is mostly the music player from the GH main Mod.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Also still getting errors even with v0.38a, no matter what save I use - traceback attached if that helps?
Hi. Since you say "no matter what save I use" I assume you try to load various saves from v0.37 (game part 2) in the new game v0.38 (game part 3). That's wrong. You only can load in the new v0.38 game release the save at the end of v0.37 where it stated "Save here". All the other ones CAN'T BE USED in the new game part. Also be sure to use the right Mod version with the according game version.

If you don't have such a needed save to start the new game part 3 you can use my save at the very beginning of v0.38 to continue the game without to re-install the old v0.37 game to make that special save.

Marcus9

Jan 28, 2019
Hi. Since you say "no matter what save I use" I assume you try to load various saves from v0.37 (game part 2) in the new game v0.38 (game part 3). That's wrong. You only can load in the new v0.38 game release the save at the end of v0.37 where it stated "Save here". All the other ones CAN'T BE USED in the new game part. Also be sure to use the right Mod version with the according game version.

If you don't have such a needed save to start the new game part 3 you can use my save at the very beginning of v0.38 to continue the game without to re-install the old v0.37 game to make that special save.
Thank you for this - I actually had a 0.36 and a 0.34 save, as well as an 0.37 end save (which I must have saved before the "save here" screen.
Thanks to your save I am finally up to speed however

Reactions: KoGa3

TheShawThing

Aug 31, 2023
I'd be stoked if there was a way to have parts 1 and 2 installed on my Android device separately, so that the new part 3 content doesn't overwrite it (even if it means that I have to install part 3, then install a whole new game to keep the other parts from being overwritten - I like to go back and replay occasionally which I can't do if I install part 3)

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
There is literally no need for these mods for this game. you only need to download the ic files on the op. I found the mods break the game, when moving from v.016 onward. Endless exceptions, which was caused entirely by the mods. Having to play through v.016 again and then getting exception errors when I try to play v.037 which is part 2, endless mod exceptions, which mean I now have to go back and play the game again, by trying to tab through everything. I won't bother with the mods this time around. You really don't need a walk through or anything else, except as I said the ic patches on the op.

• Angry
Reactions: J.R.

Satou Pendragon

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
There is literally no need for these mods for this game. you only need to download the ic files on the op. I found the mods break the game, when moving from v.016 onward. Endless exceptions, which was caused entirely by the mods. Having to play through v.016 again and then getting exception errors when I try to play v.037 which is part 2, endless mod exceptions, which mean I now have to go back and play the game again, by trying to tab through everything. I won't bother with the mods this time around. You really don't need a walk through or anything else, except as I said the ic patches on the op.
Yes you don't need the WT but some people download it for the jukebox that's included and as for the errors I have had to play this game multiple times as I had to change PC and lost my Saves from that and not a single time have I had a single error. So I don't know maybe I was lucky in several playthroughs on different PCs or maybe you had a corrupted download or maybe installed it wrongly, I don't know. As for the android version can't say anything about it as I haven't played it on android.
Peace :)

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
+1 with ZERO errors.

Neko-Chan Pacifica you install each of the parts on their own folder, right? They are NOT meant to merge.

Peace :)
Also, each part has it's own separate mod. Like Ghostbusters_What_Satou_said.jpg I don't play android, so I can't give personal experience, but I haven't heard people complaining about the android version causing problems. The android version is fully intergraded though, meaning you ONLY need the mod, which might be causing a problem if you're playing android, although nothing in your post says that, so I'm just guessing you probably did something wrong ... either installing the wrong mod into 0.37 or installing all versions of the game into the same folder.

But yea, like both of them, I've played all versions of the game (on pc) with Koga3's mod and never encounter any of the errors you're describing.

As to your initial point: No game NEEDS a mod, that's why it's a MOD. Many games are BETTER with mods, and other mods make games more enjoyable for some people, but no game NEEDS one, otherwise it would have been made a part of the root game, or the game wouldn't have done well because it was missing something that was needed.

All that said, what you SHOULD have done, when you FIRST encountered the errors, rather than go on a rant about how useless the mod that you used for the whole first part of the game without complaint is, would have been to post the traceback file with a note to Koga3 about the error you encountered, which would have likely led to a quick response telling you the most likely cause of your problems and how to fix them.

But instead you decided to join The List™.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote