Ren'Py Guest House [v0.2.2] [Soft Whisper Games]

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes

Do you want me to delete everything after Chapter 1 and revert the game back to a kinetic novel?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Soft Whisper

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2023
I let it accumulate updates and finally played this one, some observations:

I know that “Landlord” is not incorrect, but it really looks weird since “Landlady” is usually used when it's a woman, again, I know it's not incorrect, but I would prefer Landlady.

And for me, who's not used to Korean names, it's been really hard to identify who's speaking when in a scene with a lot of girls, I know that with time I'll get used to it, but I played it now and I only know who Ms. Kang, Sue and Sujin are.
I comment on this because I know more and more characters will be introduced.

I don't like “Side Images”, but I missed it here.

There's a small problem during the transition to animations, a solution would be to use this:
(I found this solution a long time ago, I don't know if it still works.)
Code:
How it is:
image hana_cowgirl_4 = Movie(play="videos/hana_cowgirl_4.webm")

How it could be:
image hana_cowgirl_4 = Movie(play="videos/hana_cowgirl_4.webm", start_image="FirstFrame.webp", image="LastFrame.webp")
The white theme is still here, that's never good; The “textbox” and “quick menu” seem to have been made with mobile in mind, on the PC it was too big, I think I've seen something similar before, but I still prefer a cleaner screen.

And finally, I really hate the sandbox, I don't even know if I saw all the content of the update. (According to the animations in the “videos” folder I really haven't seen all the scenes, but I don't know how to continue.)

The clickable character during the sandbox was terrible, they just float there, I think you should have used a rendered “scene” like any other, and then a simple “hover” over the character, at least you already did the hover.
There is no start_image and last_frame. These are videos. You shouldn't be seeing any white screens between animations unless I missed something. I play tested everything pretty thoroughly, so everything should fade to black. The characters shouldn't float anywhere. They have idle/hover positions and 10 different sprite poses. It would have taken months to render these scenes using full 3D, so I'm using this method now. Full 3D is being saved for main story events. Once you've finished everyone's talk events, you can ask each love interest to be your girlfriend. However, you'll need to complete Hana's main story event in the kitchen first. She's the only one with a phase one story event preventing you from moving into phase 2 (girlfriend stage). This may change as I continue adding more story content. If you need any help navigating around the Guest House let me know. Be sure to make use of the turn around button at the bottom of the screen on the second floor so you can access everyone's content. Sorry If I'm explaining this poorly. Maybe I should make a guide?

Last edited:
Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Guest House [v0.2.2] [Soft Whisper Games] - Compressed

Win/Linux [161 MB]
- - - -

Mac [156 MB]
- - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

hoborg

Jul 8, 2017
It wouldnt be a Renpy game on F95 if I wasnt forced to start over from the beginning because my save wouldnt load.
e: Oh sweet. Its because they added sandbox which I despise because most devs only ever have one thing to do other than skipping time.

Last edited:

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
ok i'm stuck in a loop here .. going from one room to the next .. you gotta do better than this dev ... it is so irritating :(

other than leading up to that part not bad :unsure:

(y)(y)

Reactions: mofonistik
Nov 7, 2020
So, save broke and then I read the changelog...

"Due to popular request on Patreon, sandbox mode has been integrated into the main game."
Is this code for 'I the dev really want to add a sandbox'? I don't think I've ever seen anyone ever say on F95 'you know what I need a good sandbox'.

I really liked the beginning of this, but oh well

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
There is no start_image and last_frame. These are videos. You shouldn't be seeing any white screens between animations unless I missed something. I play tested everything pretty thoroughly, so everything should fade to black. The characters shouldn't float anywhere. They have idle/hover positions and 10 different sprite poses. It would have taken months to render these scenes using full 3D, so I'm using this method now. Full 3D is being saved for main story events. Once you've finished everyone's talk events, you can ask each love interest to be your girlfriend. However, you'll need to complete Hana's main story event in the kitchen first. She's the only one with a phase one story event preventing you from moving into phase 2 (girlfriend stage). This may change as I continue adding more story content. If you need any help navigating around the Guest House let me know. Be sure to make use of the turn around button at the bottom of the screen on the second floor so you can access everyone's content. Sorry If I'm explaining this poorly. Maybe I should make a guide?
An example:
1.png 2.png 3.png
During this scene, whenever it switches from one animation to another, the render of the girls at the door flashes, and that's wrong, to make the transition smooth, you just need to specify the first and last frames of the animation as I mentioned before.
'FirstFrame.webp' and 'LastFrame.webp' really don't exist in your game, they are the frames of the animation and don't even need to have these names, it's just an example, you can render these frames or extract them from the video, whichever is easier, I recommend that you test it and see how it looks.

__
And about the characters "floating", I was referring to the sprites, it might be easier for you to use them that way, but it doesn't look good, in my opinion, of course.
You use imagebutton, but a better way would be to use an imagemap, however, you would obviously need to render the scene with the girl already in it and then add a clickable hover.
It would just be one extra render for each sandbox event, and I think it's worth it.
In this video, there's an example of how the imagemap works:

Just to finish, to make it easier for your hardware, you can consider using interpolation in the animations, render only 10/12 frames and interpolate to 24, hardly anyone will notice the difference in such a fast loop, if you want to test it, I recommend , it's a tool that I've used and recommend.

Anyway, that was it, it's not something that needs to be discussed, see and consider if it's worth using these methods I mentioned, you don't need to answer me, it's your game, good luck.

Reactions: hoborg

MixQQ

Sep 8, 2019
what dev did with this game.. this is a real disaster now. Instead on moving forward, he stuck with rework for almost one year now.
This sandbox is totally meaningless. Every girl has exactly the same stuff if you talk to them - photos/mastrubate/dance. With the same renders/animations, only model is different (n)

torrents

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
GuestHouse-0.2.2
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Soft Whisper

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2023
An example:
View attachment 3974652 View attachment 3974654 View attachment 3974655
During this scene, whenever it switches from one animation to another, the render of the girls at the door flashes, and that's wrong, to make the transition smooth, you just need to specify the first and last frames of the animation as I mentioned before.
I can't replicate this on my end. What's your hardware?

Sandbox as a popular request..... LMAO the patreons for this game must be a bunch of trolls.
I wonder what's up with the discrepancy between my Patrons and people on f95. I ran a poll asking for feedback when on the game mode and people voted that they liked it by overwhelming margin. I honestly figured most people would say they didn't like what I was presenting in 0.2.1, but that's not what the final result was in the poll. Anyway, I can do whatever since the game is pre-release. I'm just trying stuff out to see how people react. I was able to get quite a lot done in this update, but if everyone hates it, I can just bin everything after 0.2.0 and go from there...

Kind of feel like people aren't really giving it a fair chance though. Main story events will still be rendered in full 3D. The characters sprites you see in talk events are just to help move things along. I spent quite a bit of time writing dialogue and rendering scenes, so I'm hoping people can appreciate all the hard work that went into this update. I was able to flesh out a ton of new plot lines and implement the start of some interesting quests. I actually planned everything out really carefully so each girl's main story event would tie into the next phase of the game. The idea is to implement a certain # of talk events in the friend phase, then allow the user to play through each girl's main story event so they can unlock the girlfriend phase, then begin implementing Jiho's main story so the player can unlock the final harem phase.

Last edited:

Demonius

Oct 28, 2018
So, the next update won't include much story content since it focuses on sandbox features. I'm a little anxious about 0.2.2 since a few f95 users expressed their concerns regarding the game mode, but I'm hoping everyone is okay with what I present. I did my best and find it enjoyable to play through since there's a number of exciting adult scenes. One thing to note, all but one sandbox event is located on the 2nd floor of the Guest House. Sex animations and 1st floor content will be added in the next few updates. Upcoming main story events will be captured in full 3D (just like the intro). However, talk events will make use of 3D sprites to speed up development. Certain quests have the generic "this content is still in development, check back later" disclaimer. Hopefully that's fine as a temporary placeholder. I plan to implement this content ASAP. As a special gift for your patience, I plan to post the premium version of 0.2.2 on f95 (just this once). Please enjoy interacting with Sue Nami, an exclusive Patreon character.
i think your shooting yourself in the foot by making it sandbox. i believe most AVN enjoyers would rather just go through the story and look at the renders, i find that sandbox/free roam break immersion and make me enjoy the story less. i also am of the opinion that most devs add sandbox to there avns to make it seem like updates are bigger than they actually are, not say you are one of those, but its what it seems like in most of my experiences

Last edited:

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
Adding Sandbox to your game is like asking to get even more less attraction to your game.
There's people who do sandbox right which are called Point and click but sandbox is repeat, repeat and some more repeat
which makes people stop playing the game. so i second the opinion of sandbox is no good

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Adjustment MOD (Dark Mode)

I put together a few minor game adjustments...consisting of a few mods and a number of visual changes that present a dark mode for this title. (For me there is too much white, which can be blinding for displaying on a huge screen.)

Changes:
  • Edited the game gui file - (changed the font color to accommodate the new dark textbox)
  • Changed the frame.png, as well as the notify bar.png, NVL bar.png, and skip bar.png. (These dark changes aids with a much clearer font to read on screen)
  • Changed the default white textbox, to a darker version...which aids with viewing the dialog text without being blinded by a constant white textbox. (Less eye strain)
  • Changed out the confirm.png, game menu.png, and Main Menu.png from white to a darker background in order to see the text and settings better. (The text more clearer (reduces eye strain for large screen users).
  • Changed the quick menu, and navigation buttons (Reversed the idle and hover, where idle is dark, and hover is white)
Mods:
  • Included the 0x52_URM tool, which allows a user to view as well edit Ren'Py titles. (Used to verify and see more data behind some of the story choices, as well it can display requirement checks as they happen through out the story.)
  • Also included a Universal Quick Menu mod, which hide's or display's the quick menu buttons by pressing your Q key. (Used to help clean up the dialog area by hiding the quick menu button's around the textbox.)
  • Included the Universal Choice Descriptor Mod, which can display on screen any data behind some of the story choices that can offer points and other game info. (It's not a walk through, but can still provide some additional choice info.

Install:
Extract and merge the game folder with this titles game folder (over write when prompted). Run your game exe, and enjoy this title in dark mode.

Note: This mod compilation will not need regular updates, (provided there are no major coding changes done to the original script of this title)...this compilation should continue to work for future game releases.

Regards.

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes