Eleyon

Oct 14, 2020
-Thoughts on GOSA-

This game has a decent concept and the overall scenes are nice. While sometimes it's hit or miss, at least for me, on the Koikatsu models, these ones are fairly decent. The dialogue has moments and can be frustrating as you get what I like to call 'conversation bullied' meaning you can make choices which essentially amount to 'Yes or Yeah', 'No or Nope' but more on that later. There have been more pleasing textboxes and this isn't really one of them. I found reading and viewing the overall text to be...for lack of a better term, unappealing. The box itself is unattractive, the text style and coloring is a bit rough and the color of who is speaking is often hard to make out. The way the text appears on screen is pretty cumbersome and slow and because it does this, there are plenty of times I clicked only to have to scroll back realizing there was more text I had to wait to appear...This game needs a UI clean up to make things more visually appealing, less taxing and unattractive to look at.

Then just...dialogue. Dialogue is, at least for myself, an eye rolling experience. Many will attest that these are AVNs, who cares but we all read it, we all pay attention and when something is well written even in the AVN space we rightfully celebrate and support it. All that to say there is precedent to taking the time to write something well.
Right out the gate, you're assaulted with dialogue that just doesn't seem to belong so that the MC can spout sexually charged nonsense almost for no other reason but because this is an adult VN ("Can I call my mecha dickasaurus"... "Do I have legs made of steel? I know my balls are...." -__-). You get these protags in VNs that are OVERLY obsessed with getting pussy to the point where the most nonsensical, unrealistic things are said or 'thought' on a regular basis by them. As such, moments with decent dialogue suffer because of them. Moments like making the obvious game ending decision to not take the deal and go through with your suicide, results in (what is essentially the dev) saying they won't let you give up. it should immediately go to the next step of you RELUCTANTLY taking the deal. Instead you get another useless option...again...and the MC says something AVN exclusively stupid which is "My third leg gives me no rest. I guess I can't die while being hard..." and it's like...hahaha, but why is this even there? Why is it following the moving and somewhat inspiring dialogue of the dev saying they won't let you give up on life? Why is the MC acting like this after being prevented from SUICIDE? Why aren't they shocked and surprised to see a mystical being suddenly appear and showcase powers not even seen before? Nope, we jump right into a back and forth about wanting to be able to suck his own dick...
Then one of the choices is to actually do something wholesome. touch her face. It should have been an embarrassed reaction, yet cute...her pondering on this guys motives. Her thinking maybe he isn't as he seems. Yet it STILL results in you getting punched across the room and told that you'll regret it which is the EXACT same result as ripping her shirt open and touching her breasts. Conversation bullied...again. Mind, this is following her blushing and being 'backed into a corner' due to the 'you wouldn't want to try to suck yourself off?' exchange earlier...That reaction shouldn't have been there let alone that whole exchange in the first place. All this is the opening of the game and things to come.

Finally the MC asks a realistic question. "Why me? Why was I chosen?" and it's followed up with lines that make no sense. "You didn't die and you get another chance to be a hero" Firstly, the fact he didn't die was not of his own choice or some resilience. He's alive because it was prevented...secondly, this guy was an office worker. Why is 'another chance to be a hero' inserted here as if he tried and failed to be a hero already?
"Like you usually did. You didn't surrender and you kept fighting." Lol, what?? The guy that would have committed suicide if not from interference of god like powers DIDN'T surrender?! "I would call fighting any attempt to keep living" <<< what is this line even doing here? The MC attempted suicide and didn't succeed because you stopped time! Why is this exchange even there? It should have just been her convincing him WHY he should be fighting, not acting as if he's a fighter. It's hilarious, because these are inserted to try and make the MC relatable, but he hasn't showcased (nor will he) that he is that type of person or that this is earned. What.so.ever. If you want him to be relatable or even realistic, don't write him as a horny scumbag to begin with.

On and on and on like a pubescent teenager...it only continues, *See's guide* 'Oh! She's hot!', followed quickly by him having a dream about smashing the Emissary only to be woken up by a line of 'there are hot bitches in your area' 'Oh, I should do something to the naked Elf girl laying here, but I was just kidding...well no I wasn't kidding' <<< scumbag........har har...

Yet the scene of getting up, thinking it's a dream only to open a door that is flashing light as a portal to somewhere else to quickly close the door is gold. There are moments here, good moments and they're often ruined by the need to have AVN male protag brain of sexual based dialogue that no one uses ruin any potential at this thing having good dialogue. An example is recently played Order Us, another game made in unity. The UI is much cleaner for starters, but Peaches (one of the female protags) is insanely sexually charged, to the point it is addressed by the MC that he needs to hit her up about it. Yet when they're in public, to his surprise, she doesn't do anything like that causing him to reflect on her and why she acts that way in the first place. Once they're alone again, she's right back at it, her guard back up. This showcases a time and a place. You can be a sexually charged person, yet still respect what is going on around you and respond accordingly.

I just...I dunno. Comedy is something that can occupy any space, and I understand it's subjective, but it still has to be done right and have some degree of context. The best comedian knows that most of the best jokes are based off truth and pain. Comedy helps make light of negative moments, turning it into something positive by simply laughing at it. Equally, you can have a standoffish or rude protag, but not an outright childlike horny douchebag. It's like Tropic Thunder said. NEVER go full retard. In VN/Anime/Games etc, NEVER go full douchebag. I think this has all the potential to be on the level of an HHG, I feel like they occupy the same arena, yet GOSA for me is just far too eye rolling for me to enjoy most aspects of it. Clean up the UI at the very least and I won't mind slogging through this, the dialogue is a VN dime a dozen so it's tolerable, even if it is eye rolling. Good luck Dev, I wish you all the best.

Reactions: Hikkeiru

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Ok so... when I enabled pregnancy content, I expected actual pregnancy.
Instead we find enchanted glasses that, when worn, create the illusion of women looking pregnant when you look at them through the glasses. and occasionally you wear those glasses.

Hikkeiru

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2022
Ok so... when I enabled pregnancy content, I expected actual pregnancy.
Instead we find enchanted glasses that, when worn, create the illusion of women looking pregnant when you look at them through the glasses. and occasionally you wear those glasses.
Thats specially made for early visuals. Later it will be both.

Hikkeiru

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2022
-Thoughts on GOSA-

Thank you for the comments.

Your right on many things. Things like making text more readable is on my todo. It's just that there is quite a few things that took priority over it.

About the dialogue, some dialogues currently make no sense. It's because some of them I've prepared a hook that I hope to inject a bit later.
I also understand that the mc can be viewed as 'chaotic' let's say. Yet I also did this on purpose. I want to make the MC be a part of the change without it only being 'choose any choice you want from the beggining which would make no change until the end'.
I.e. after the attack I limited the choice to something negative. MC doesn't have experience in handling the situations, probability of being 'composed' after short time span of time, is much less.
Where I expected a bit negative comments about this. Unfortuantely I cannot avoid it if I want to take this road. Hopefully long term it will only add to the story as I will lead the MC towards something more meaningfull and less 'chaotic' with experiences.

Thank you for playing and other nice words ❤

Hikkeiru

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2022
Fapnoob
⡀⠀Yes, I play hentai games with nudity
⠀⠀⠀⠑⡀ on my main account,
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠢⢄⠀⠀ so what?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⣀⣀⡀⠤⠄⠒⠈⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣀⠄⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠿⠛⠛⠛⠋⠉⠈⠉⠉⠉⠉⠛⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠋⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⡏⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣤⣤⣤⣄⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⢿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⢏⣴⣿⣷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣟⣾⣿⡟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⢢⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣟⠀⡴⠄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿
⣿⣿⣿⠟⠻⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠶⢴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿
⣿⣁⡀⠀⠀⢰⢠⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⠀⣴⣶⣿⡄⣿
⣿⡋⠀⠀⠀⠎⢸⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠗⢘⣿⣟⠛⠿⣼
⣿⣿⠋⢀⡌⢰⣿⡿⢿⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⢀⣼
⣿⣿⣷⢻⠄⠘⠛⠋⠛⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢿⣧⠈⠉⠙⠛⠋⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣧⠀⠈⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠟⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⢃⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⡿⠀⠴⢗⣠⣤⣴⡶⠶⠖⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⡸⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⡀⢠⣾⣿⠏⠀⠠⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠉⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣧⠈⢹⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⠈⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⣴⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⣄⣀⣀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⡄⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⠀⠀⠙⣿⣿⡟⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠇⠀⠁⠀⠀⠹⣿⠃⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠛⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢐⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠛⠉⠉⠁⠀⢻⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⠈⣿⣿⡿⠉⠛⠛⠛⠉⠉

Feb 1, 2022
Games with application files (APKs) larger than 2 gigabytes may encounter difficulties running on mobile devices due to storage space restrictions, be advised. Try compressing the game. Thank you and you're welcome.

AlexSteller

May 30, 2022
Is the snow cave bugged or is it not supposed to be out? I can't seem to do anything after kanae started giving a handjob

4.10 star(s) 21 Votes