huy7644

Nov 6, 2019
Why do people keep paying attention to a publisher that hasn't had a single good update in almost a year, just repeating content? Skip it and play other games. I can name similar games:
1. The secret Reloaded.
2. Black out and DualDesires.
3. Dual family
4. Awife and mother.

joelurmel

Nov 3, 2022
Why do people keep paying attention to a publisher that hasn't had a single good update in almost a year, just repeating content? Skip it and play other games. I can name similar games:
1. The secret Reloaded.
3. Dual family
4. Awife and mother.
Just use the ignore thread or member... There's no point crying here

Jan 7, 2021
1. The secret Reloaded.
3. Dual family
4. Awife and mother.
The last update was released in March u shit brain. Also all the content was new and there was no repetition :FacePalm:

fidgetspinner

Jun 12, 2017
1. The secret Reloaded.
3. Dual family
4. Awife and mother.
Because despite how terrible the devs are at releasing stuff they have shown promise. Games here are 90% garbage and what remains of that 10% most of it is made by unreliable devs. We're not here shitting on Gunpowder Cocktail because it suck, we are here shitting on Gunpowder Cocktail because at one point it looked very good, but dev lack of openness, lapsing schedule and overall poor decision have soured our interest in the game. You wouldn't catch me typing in a thread of a shitty game.

Reactions: Pollinated
Jan 7, 2021
Because despite how terrible the devs are at releasing stuff they have shown promise. Games here are 90% garbage and what remains of that 10% most of it is made by unreliable devs. We're not here shitting on Gunpowder Cocktail because it suck, we are here shitting on Gunpowder Cocktail because at one point it looked very good, but dev lack of openness, lapsing schedule and overall poor decision have soured our interest in the game. You wouldn't catch me typing in a thread of a shitty game.
Well it's still good. In fact, if you ask me, the renders get better and better with each new update. And what broke the developer's sharing tune was definitely when he got reported and banned from patreon because of the little whiners. Because until then he was running on a great sharing schedule.

I hope he's back to his old self nowadays.

fidgetspinner

Jun 12, 2017
Well it's still good. In fact, if you ask me, the renders get better and better with each new update. What broke the developer's tune was definitely when he got reported and banned from patreon because of the little whiners. Because until then he was running on a great sharing schedule.

I hope he's back to his old self nowadays.
Nah, what broke the rhythm was focusing on a Steam release when fuck all nothing has happened in the game. Creating a SubscriberStar account takes minutes. Getting validated by Steam can take a whole year. In fact i'd say Steam is the cause of most great games delays. It's mostly why I stopped supporting devs because the minute they build a somewhat sizeable number of patron/subs they see us as acquired customers and look at Steam as the gold rush. Suddenly there's no new release for paying subs. All focus goes toward releasing on Steam. That's somewhat fine when the game has had a successful development and the story has progressed (Think NLT, BaDick, Timestamp, etc.) But Gunpowder simply never delivered on anything. Hell we were waiting on a normal release and this guy decide to stop and instead work on a Holiday special that he failed to deliver on time and instead released an half-baked nothingburger.

Jan 7, 2021
Nah, what broke the rhythm was focusing on a Steam release when fuck all nothing has happened in the game. Creating a SubscriberStar account takes minutes. Getting validated by Steam can take a whole year. In fact i'd say Steam is the cause of most great games delays. It's mostly why I stopped supporting devs because the minute they build a somewhat sizeable number of patron/subs they see us as acquired customers and look at Steam as the gold rush. Suddenly there's no new release for paying subs. All focus goes toward releasing on Steam. That's somewhat fine when the game has had a successful development and the story has progressed (Think NLT, BaDick, Timestamp, etc.) But Gunpowder simply never delivered on anything. Hell we were waiting on a normal release and this guy decide to stop and instead work on a Holiday special that he failed to deliver on time and instead released an half-baked nothingburger.
Well, I could agree with you, but you're missing a point when comparing with other developers. This guy didn't do this when things were already going well and he was rolling in money.

The guy didn't even mention steam once when he was on patreon, right? Because things were going well there. Obviously, when he was banned on patreon and switched to subscribestar, everything fell far short of his expectations. I remember him saying that he lost 75% of his supporters. If he did this steam thing arbitrarily when he was on patreon, I would agree with you and have called him a milker asshole, but things forced him to do it.

Imagine a shop with thousands of customers in a great location and then suddenly the shop is forced to close and the owner has to set up the shop in a more remote corner and more than half of the customers no longer come there.

And after some time, when you get another good opportunity again, do you take it or do you say, "oh no, that's enough for me"?

Reactions: Joshy92

fidgetspinner

Jun 12, 2017
Well, I could agree with you, but you're missing a point when comparing with other developers. This guy didn't do this when things were already going well and he was rolling in money.

The guy didn't even mention steam once when he was on patreon, right? Because things were going well there. Obviously, when he was banned on patreon and switched to subscribestar, everything fell far short of his expectations. I remember him saying that he lost 75% of his supporters. If he did this steam thing arbitrarily when he was on patreon, I would agree with you and have called him a milker asshole, but things forced him to do it.

Imagine a shop with thousands of customers in a great location and then suddenly the shop is forced to close and the owner has to set up the shop in a more remote corner and more than half of the customers no longer come there.

And after some time, when you get another good opportunity again, do you take it or do you say, "oh no, that's enough for me"?
He never had thousands of subscribers. In fact I'd be surprised he had more than 200 at his max. Right now he has 56 on Substar.

Jan 7, 2021
He never had thousands of subscribers. In fact I'd be surprised he had more than 200 at his max. Right now he has 56 on Substar.
What I wrote was only for giving an example.

But still, even we say 200, it's close to four times what it is now. It's like earning $1000 and earning $4000 in a month. So that's a huge difference...

fidgetspinner

Jun 12, 2017
What I wrote was only for giving an example.

But still, even we say 200, it's close to four times what it is now. It's like earning $1000 and earning $4000 in a month. So that's a huge difference...
found it. Highest lifetime is 119. So it's half what he has right now after 5 months of fuck all to show.

1721058105540.png

Jan 7, 2021
found it. Highest lifetime is 119. So it's half what he has right now after 5 months of fuck all to show.

View attachment 3833933

You should check the graph on the right(it says 190), the one on the left does not show the number of instant subscribers.

1721058396646.png

Also, this is data from 1 year ago, if he was still active on patreon now, I'm sure he would have a lot more subscribers.

Comparing 1 year ago patreon data with current subscribestar data is not correct.

fidgetspinner

Jun 12, 2017
You should check the graph on the right(it says 190), the one on the left does not show the number of instant subscribers.

View attachment 3833946

Also, this is data from 1 year ago, if he was still active on patreon now, I'm sure he would have a lot more subscribers.

Comparing 1 year ago patreon data with current subscribestar data is not correct.
Using real factual data is absolutely correct. Patreon charge monthly, not daily. See the massive dip? that's because there was a single day of overlap between may subscriber and june subscriber. Any way you see this it's not much. at best he got 1.2k per month. That's not livable wage in EU or NA so let's drop this notion losing patreon cost him his livelihood.

fact: no more than 200 subs
fact: at best 1.2k pay for a single month, every other month at or below 1k USD
fact: 5 months since last update (which was the Steam release)

Reactions: Rajesh Ram
Jan 7, 2021
Using real factual data is absolutely correct. Patreon charge monthly, not daily. See the massive dip? that's because there was a single day of overlap between may subscriber and june subscriber. Any way you see this it's not much. at best he got 1.2k per month. That's not livable wage in EU or NA so let's drop this notion losing patreon cost him his livelihood.

fact: no more than 200 subs
fact: at best 1.2k pay for a single month, every other month at or below 1k USD
fact: 5 months since last update (which was the Steam release)
-Comparing current subscribestar data with patreon data from 1 year ago is WRONG. Byte's popularity a year ago is not the same as now. The steam release alone must gave him millions of interactions. If he had not been banned and continued in the same way, he would have maybe 500 subscribers on patreon right now.

-The number of subscribers drops sharply at the beginning of each month and then rises again. This is the same for every developer. It's normal. If the guy hadn't been banned in June, the number would have been even higher at the end of that month.

-Livelihood or not, there is a huge decline. And it's also incredibly demoralizing when the page you've been working on for a year is suddenly shut down and your work come to an end. I hope no developer will experience this.

And your facts already prove that I am the right one. Thanks.

fidgetspinner

Jun 12, 2017
-Comparing current subscribestar data with patreon data from 1 year ago is WRONG. Byte's popularity a year ago is not the same as now. The steam release alone must gave him millions of interactions. If he had not been banned and continued in the same way, he would have maybe 500 subscribers on patreon right now.

-The number of subscribers drops sharply at the beginning of each month and then rises again. This is the same for every developer. It's normal. If the guy hadn't been banned in June, the number would have been even higher at the end of that month.

-Livelihood or not, there is a huge decline. And it's also incredibly demoralizing when the page you've been working on for a year is suddenly shut down and your work come to an end. I hope no developer will experience this.

And your facts already prove that I am the right one. Thanks.
Steam release does not equate to subscriber. Why would someone buy the game and then subscribe to receive the same damn thing. Steam release happen after Patreon ban so all of these interaction happened with Subscriberstar active. Stop with the revisionism. Steam Stats shows he at most made 8k from Steam release. So that would have offset the patreon loss.

Jan 7, 2021
Steam release does not equate to subscriber. Why would someone buy the game and then subscribe to receive the same damn thing. Steam release happen after Patreon ban so all of these interaction happened with Subscriberstar active. Stop with the revisionism. Steam Stats shows he at most made 8k from Steam release. So that would have offset the patreon loss.
Okay man, this is getting away from what I meant, have it your way with that.

What I'm trying to say is, it's just not right to lump this guy in with other developers as if he just arbitrarily released a steam update. There was a reason behind that. He didn't do it out of the blue.

Otherwise it would just be greed and I would agree with you. Have a nice day.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 48 Votes