3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
so I only have about 35 ish renders to do (and some playtesting) before I can release the v0.8 update.
Hmm I only counted about 26 renders in the whole update when picking optimal choices, maybe 30-ish if you count the same scene with a different hue or black bars to simulate closing MC's eyes ...

I mean I'm glad its not abandoned but there wasn't really anything in this update.

Left the room, signed some papers, thats it.

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Mar 16, 2019
Hacker's Restart [v0.8] [Compressed]

Original Size Win/Linux: 710 MB
Original Size Mac: 692 MB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 74 MB: -
Compressed Size Mac: 57 MB: -

Since this, an Adult Zone, drop a (y) to support my work as Compressor SLUT!

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:

Jeheh

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Hmm I only counted about 26 renders in the whole update when picking optimal choices, maybe 30-ish if you count the same scene with a different hue or black bars to simulate closing MC's eyes ...

I mean I'm glad its not abandoned but there wasn't really anything in this update.

Left the room, signed some papers, thats it.
This update was mostly to tie up some loose ends and get myself warmed up to developing again, so the lower number of renders is expected. There were a total of 35 renders (not counting the tinted stuff), but the choices the player makes determines which ones they see. The next update will definitely blow this one out of the water though :)

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Is this a harem game or do I have to choose between the LI's?
if you want harem then you can try to "collect" girls for harem (atm no consequences if fucks all) and if you want to be single girl guy then that works too.

Jeheh

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Is this a harem game or do I have to choose between the LI's?
You can be with both of the girls, provided you make the right choices. Other than the 2 main LIs, there are only 2 other girls and they are side characters, meaning that whatever you do with them doesn't affect the ending you get.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: HansDampf788

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Hello. Since dev didn't put option in preferences to enable/disable naming saves, does anyone knows which part of code in which file I should delete or edit in order to remove naming saves? It's just annoying for me. Thanks in advance.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Well, I disagree with the MC. Sharknadoo is deep into the "so bad it is funny territory."

• Haha
Reactions: Jeheh and WaltS

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
Glad this one has been taken off of OnHold list and enjoyed every minute of playing this one from the beginning again. Do hate seeing that .9 is supposed to be the last update and hope you reconsider that.. There's so much more to explore in this world. Either way I'll be watching for whatever works you produce in the future!

• Red Heart
Reactions: cib64 and Jeheh

Jeheh

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Just wrote a public patreon post about why this update is shorter than usual and what to expect for the v0.9 (final) update of the game:

doe50818

Apr 5, 2020
I'm conflicted about this VN. Most of it is good, but there's one annoyance that almost ruins the experience for me. I found it extremely irritating how much of the script was the MC's inner monologue, most of which is completely superfluous, because they're commentaries, opinion pieces. I simply can't self-insert into a story where every single random thought about everything and everyone is spelled out for me, with no choice left to make up my own mind. And this amount of self-monologuing is the telltale sign of a schizoid personality disorder, not a slight one, completely off the rails. I'm not claiming to be a shining example of pristine mental health, but playing a lunatic is just not my cup of cake...

Nov 15, 2020
Why does every time the MC or Celine suspect something fishy or have obvious clues to said fishyness they both brush it off, especially since they're on the run? Cool concept of story but that's very frustrating

Reactions: eightypercent

Gleemer

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2018

Here is the Italian translation
of Hacker's Restart

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan Hacker's Restart

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

Reactions: Jeheh
3.90 star(s) 13 Votes