BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
Simple: 4 updates since July. One update every 1 1/2 months.
However, in this case, that won't be happening. He had time off after last release...only at 2 previews thus far and a little while ago released the bonus scene. Its gonna be a bit.

Jan 22, 2020
I played it straight through, and I must say the renders are well done, the characters are interesting, the story has a fresh angle, and the mix of comedy, adventure, and sexy is enjoyable. However, and this in my opinion plagues a lot of these games, the presentation of choices feel random with limited drive. Much of the game has an "on rails" feeling. When I play a character in a VN, especially ones centered on "good" or "bad" choices, I'm put off when my character is forced down a good or bad path for the sake of story progression. In many ways it undermines the purpose of choices. I think it's important to stay consistent, and follow a good or bad path through. i.e. don't let them mingle and only have gray areas shared. This is a challenge, I know, but it will improve player experience and produce a more consistent result.

Also, for the love of all things, please put in some music, sounds, something. I may be accustomed to having something in the background while reading/playing these games, but being visual and all, the music can really drive a scene and give it feeling. All games feel "dry" without some sort of audio feedback, imo. Except Candy Crush. The music in that game can burn and go to hell.

Anyways, great work and look forward to future updates. Hopefully ones that actually have sex in them. :p

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
This game is seriously amazing. The best thing about this game is how the story flows nicely and the most important thing is that each character feels like they exist together. The whole group interaction is what's missing a lot of the times in many other games where they're mostly "MC + Girl1" and "MC + Girl2" but then Girl1 and Girl2 felt like they hardly interacted together. Such thing makes games felt disjointed, and this game evaded that trap brilliantly.

The story does really feel like the MC living in the house together with the other 4 people there. Simple things like having dinner together, Ashley kicking down the door when Luis and MC talked too loudly at night, Ashley sitting there laughing while MC plays video game with Emily, and so on. All of that is just so well written to make the world feels so alive.

Great job, dev!

-KC-

got land?
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2019
Does anyone have the bonus scenes for this?

SqueeZed

May 27, 2018
Really am enjoying Halfway House. Dunno why its took me this long to show my appreciation here. Looking forward to Chapter 6 and more Samantha, considering becomeing a Patreon for the first time. Keep it up AZ.

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
I just wanna add, after that scene talking with Luis in his room, if we don't get a scene in the future where we somehow convince Ashley to wear some sexy schoolgirl outfit from her past i will bang my foot on the side of the couch, there i said it...

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
If MC's dead it's a game over for obvious reasons.
If he's just injured, she goes back to jail and it's a game over since we can't pursue any other main LI.
Either way we are fucked, guys.

yesz

Jul 11, 2019
I last remember the chick almost got raped, does anyone know if the game is up to that or is there more after?

4.30 star(s) 172 Votes