Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Halfway House - Walkthrough/Gallery unlock/Cheating/Infoscreen [EP10WT] [KoGa3]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

zeldagamernl

Jan 29, 2022
Hi, I don't know if this was asked or not but I would like to say thank you for the mod.

now my question. I am using this walkthrough and clicking on everything that is recommended and all the correct choices that are green. but EVERY single Ashley event is point check failed. The mod only gives corruption points and not some form of love points for everyone. Raising the corruption points does nothing to help, always says check failed for Ashley only. why would that be?

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Hi, I don't know if this was asked or not but I would like to say thank you for the mod.

now my question. I am using this walkthrough and clicking on everything that is recommended and all the correct choices that are green. but EVERY single Ashley event is point check failed. The mod only gives corruption points and not some form of love points for everyone. Raising the corruption points does nothing to help, always says check failed for Ashley only. why would that be?
Hi. Keep in mind this game is not a harem game. You have to decide already very early in the game which route you want to follow.

For me there are two Emily routes (corruption or love) and an Ashley route. The first major split is already in EP1 for Emily love or Emily corruption (two times). The Ashley route follows in the first episodes the Emily corruption route. But with EP5 the Emily corruption route and the Ashley route are also splitting.

First split Emily love or Emily corruption (+Ashley) in EP1:
HH_EP01a.jpg

Second split in EP1:
HH_EP01b.jpg

Split Emily corruption or Ashley in EP5:
HH_EP05a.jpg
Edit:
Also the game is not only controlled with the game points. There are also sometimes variables set with choices (you can "see" them in my Mod menu with "Show/change game choices". And the game also checks these variables at some points in the game, too.

So it's probably best, if you want to see most of the content, to do different saves for these three routes. I had back then (before I changed my Mod from an Audio/WT Mod to an WT only) even posted saves for these 3 Routes for every game episode. But I think they maybe wont work anymore since the game was reworked in EP8.

Last edited:

zeldagamernl

Jan 29, 2022
Hi. Keep in mind this game is not a harem game. You have to decide already very early in the game which route you want to follow.

For me there are two Emily routes (corruption or love) and an Ashley route. The first major split is already in EP1 for Emily love or Emily corruption (two times). The Ashley route follows in the first episodes the Emily corruption route. But with EP5 the Emily corruption route and the Ashley route are also splitting.
thank you for this. i think I know where I made the mistake then. had to be in EP1...Ill have to replay

Reactions: KoGa3

ArashiNinja18

Jun 1, 2017
I'm sorry to hear that. I uploaded the last Mod version (V2-EP5) a moment ago, maybe you can try it with this version again.

Installation instructions:
1. of course the original game must be installed!
2. extract my archive in a temporary folder
3. copy or move the extracted folders "audio", "music" and "scripts" into the "game" folder
(for me, it was E:\games\Halfway_House-EP5-pc\game
(overwrite the files if an older mod exists)

Now start the game.

first check: do you hear music in the main menu?
second check: start a new game, after the MC name input, an icon on the upper right and a Episode-Info on the upper left should appear.

Hopefully that works for you

Update:
I uploaded my archive file again, I think there was an outdated file in it!
Sorry about that.
I've extracted the mod file and moved the script folder into the game folder since the "audio" and "music" don't show in the folder after extracting the file but an error happens when clicking on cheats in the bottom right corner. Although that was from a save before. I've started a new game after putting the script folder into the game folder, named my character but no icon popped up after MC name input nor did the Episode-Info pop up. It does tell me about the mod when I exited and started a new name but no icons appear. ("Shift" + "k") doesn't work for me either.

Last edited:

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
I've extracted the mod file and moved the script folder into the game folder since the "audio" and "music" don't show in the folder after extracting the file but an error happens when clicking on cheats in the bottom right corner. Although that was from a save before. I've started a new game after putting the script folder into the game folder, named my character but no icon popped up after MC name input nor did the Episode-Info pop up. It does tell me about the mod when I exited and started a new name but no icons appear. ("Shift" + "k") doesn't work for me either.
Hi. You quoted a quite old post (2020). In the meantime the Mod has changed (no music/audio since the game itself has that now, but I added other Mod functions).

Installation:
- install the main game first
- extract my Mod Zip and move all the files and the folder Script into the game folder: ...Halfway_House-EP10-pc\game\

ArashiNinja18

Jun 1, 2017
Hi. You quoted a quite old post (2020). In the meantime the Mod has changed (no music/audio since the game itself has that now, but I added other Mod functions).

Installation:
- install the main game first
- extract my Mod Zip and move all the files and the folder Script into the game folder: ...Halfway_House-EP10-pc\game\
Worked like a charm. I didn't know I had to put everything else in the folder into the game folder. Thank you very much.

lulu3

Sep 9, 2023
I concur with the compliments towards this game. Ive really enjoyed it. Zero complaints, all thumbs up.
I find the characters pretty solid with respect to their personalities. There's some hit & miss humour but more often it hits.

Several entertaining lingering plot paths remain too. Looking forward to what's to come.
Also, piper is pretty hot. Curious how she looks when she may clean her troubles up, if she does, fine if not too, she's smokin' either way haha

The character dynamics authoring is pretty decent, doesn't feel 'forced' in a manner which other works often can. One of the bigger positives of the dev team imo. That, and some pretty creative persona/character variety.

Edit. Question - in the extra's theres 2 images of Sams friend/Ashley's boss on a talkshow. Is that just a random fan creation, part of some preview of future eps. Or have I somehow missed content in the first 10 eps?

Last edited:

ArmoredCascade

Sep 27, 2018
so the game of Eps 1-8 have been split would the mod still work on all of them?
A Simple Day's Commute
A Visit To The Gym
Ashley's For Fans Only
Mari's Predicament
Ladies Night Out

The Lexingtons' Retreat
Being Emily
After The Past

also how to play in order?

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
so the game of Eps 1-8 have been split would the mod still work on all of them?
A Simple Day's Commute
A Visit To The Gym
Ashley's For Fans Only
Mari's Predicament
Ladies Night Out
The Lexingtons' Retreat
Being Emily
After The Past

also how to play in order?
Eps 1-8 have NOT been split.
Those are the BONUS episodes and NOT part of the main game the mod is for.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
This game does have it strange problems. First up, the side girls and 1 main girl called Emily. If you haven't played this game before don't click the spoilers.

ALL if the side girls should have also been main girls to the MC, no two ways about that fact.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The MC seems to start off okay, but does he develop strange behavior problems about mid game.

It's as if someone took over the writing of the game and changed the MC to become a man-child idiot.
For me there is a main side character and it isn't Samantha even though she is a side character.
That right there shows me that the dev got lost in his own game writing, because it does focus less on the main girl as time goes on (episodic time).

I am honestly trying to like this game, but it is so difficult. There needs to be some major changes, because what he has written so far is disjointed in my opinion. The MC needs a major overhaul so he is a likeable character and not a 10 year old mind inside and adult body. Then we have how long he takes to get an update out. This latest update has taken more than a year, and there is very little to show for it. If the dev want's to abandon this work, he should just tell us. I think he knows he has made a faux pas with this game.

So here is what I would do, if your going to rewrite the story.
1. Make the MC a normal likeable guy, not some manchild with a brain the size of a walnut, I am serious. If he is badly written it doesn't matter how good the rest of the game is, he is the focal point, everything happens around him, you take the role of the MC from his perspective.
2. Drop the side girls and make them all main girls along with Emily. Remove the points, but if you keep them they need to be universal across all main girls, which also means you have to write a back story for each of them, they would be wooden otherwise and no way to relate to them.
3. Make the story flow more, it feels completely disjointed.

You have it in you to change this game into something a lot better, something that makes sense, and a mc who is nothing short of a joke that one that is not funny (The MC needs some TLC to his character, the way he speaks and behaves and reacts and is really likeable. Try to add some realism into him without making him a borefest.
Well......Thanks?
But this is the Mod thread, it probably would be better to post that in the game thread (but be aware the game developer isn't active on F95 anymore for quite some time)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Neko-Chan Pacifica

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
Well......Thanks?
But this is the Mod thread, it probably would be better to post that in the game thread (but be aware the game developer isn't active on F95 anymore for quite some time)
I am so sorry, I didn't realize I posted this in the complete wrong place. Your one of my favorite mod makers, please don't take what I wrote as some kind of attack on you, it was just that I was meant to post it on the game page, so again I am so sorry. Thank you for also for saying that the dev hasn't been seen in some time.

Reactions: audii#69
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote