4.20 star(s) 37 Votes

berserkfenix

Mar 22, 2019
Does it have non gay mode?
Depends on your definitions of gay.

Very strict: If you don't consider playing a female character as gay, then you can just use the female character. There's like, one animation she has where she forces the male playable character to fuck another (very femmy) dude, but you'd have to go out of your way to get that one.

Strict but tolerant: There are a pretty decent number of female characters, so even sticking with the male character can be straight as long as you avoid the male enemies (and slam R if you get caught anyway). Hard mode. A lot of the female enemies are futa though, so mileage may vary further depending on how you feel about futa on male and/or pegging.

Loose: The male character is a cute femboy. Sexuality is bullshit. Embrace aesthetic. If you like the feminine form Wispy still works.

Bubbriver

Apr 6, 2019
Depends on your definitions of gay.

Very strict: If you don't consider playing a female character as gay, then you can just use the female character. There's like, one animation she has where she forces the male playable character to fuck another (very femmy) dude, but you'd have to go out of your way to get that one.

Strict but tolerant: There are a pretty decent number of female characters, so even sticking with the male character can be straight as long as you avoid the male enemies (and slam R if you get caught anyway). Hard mode. A lot of the female enemies are futa though, so mileage may vary further depending on how you feel about futa on male and/or pegging.

Loose: The male character is a cute femboy. Sexuality is bullshit. Embrace aesthetic. If you like the feminine form Wispy still works.
Thank you!

Nov 10, 2018
It's literally just one guy working on it. Doing all the artwork, all the animation, all the programming, and aside from a few voice clips of Sam, then all the voicing as well. Aside from his spouse writing dialogue, lore, and helping to see if there's any bugs and if it's quality... then no, he literally does everything by himself.

All in all, a solo dev pixel artist/programmer getting builds out every 2-3 months versus some games with whole teams taking upwards of 6? I dunno, do the math and come to your own conclusion.

(Also the fact he releases the build FOR FREE FOR EVERYONE after 3 days of official release... I don't see what there is to complain about aside for the fact just to complain)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Innocent Chloe
Jun 17, 2020
mate i seen them release daily updates each month but it does not matter what i said was my opinion and i dont have the time and dont care to change your mind. and about the beggar thing i bought many H games on steam from creators i like(when they are completed btw) but i am not gonna pay each month for a game that is not completed if you think not wanting to buy a game that is far from being done makes me a beggar go ahead but i think even if you pay 1/50$ to them each month for 4 years its 72$ you are telling me im a beggar i think you are just dont think with logic
Have you considered that they are also trying to merge the world of Happy Heart Hell in with the game?
One of the bad endings in happy heart hell is an ABUSE bad end, where whispy was locked in a basement. One of the shadows in the japanese jinto gates right before a launch platform references this. It is likely Sam who saved Whispy in that bad end... rescued her, brought her into the life she has today in Happy Heart Panic.
Whenever she's near a shadow she can't perform any actions at all; she's literally suffering a panic attack.

So merging lore as if "crossing worlds" is gonna take some time, especially since Happy Heart Hell has a lot of content and is completed. She even panics she "may never get out" when near the funhouse shadow. I don't think she's mentioning the funhouse, but the entire city. Sam was in a sense her doorway out of Happy Heart Panic's city of perversions, and fears without her she is hopeless.

The fact you have to cast dark magic, on a poster showing a closet is also quite damning; it's obviously a place of trauma. Once again it most likely references an area in happy heart hell.

Updating Areas with dozen of sub areas PLUS introducing lore from Happy Heart Hell? Excuse the pun, must be helluva job for one developer alone.

Vertukhay

Dec 7, 2021
It's literally just one guy working on it. Doing all the artwork, all the animation, all the programming, and aside from a few voice clips of Sam, then all the voicing as well. Aside from his spouse writing dialogue, lore, and helping to see if there's any bugs and if it's quality... then no, he literally does everything by himself.

All in all, a solo dev pixel artist/programmer getting builds out every 2-3 months versus some games with whole teams taking upwards of 6? I dunno, do the math and come to your own conclusion.

(Also the fact he releases the build FOR FREE FOR EVERYONE after 3 days of official release... I don't see what there is to complain about aside for the fact just to complain)
I'm astonished he manages to do all of this by himself, in such quality too. Why are furry devs so talented, lol? What's up with that?

Oct 1, 2021
Oh god this place is starting to become like CoC and TiTs. Although considering how fucking little there is in each update I don't blame them

Jun 17, 2020
they can give out updates so much faster than this rate but why? when they are a lot simps that gives you money each month you delay it as long as you can for money. they are doing this basically to rip off people. still after 4-5 years?(maybe a little less) the game is far off from being done and just a funny fact is still a lot of people defend them maybe i dont see what they see but in my opinion they are scamming people
Possibilities to consider: all the major funding is going into new features, the new shadow world (Which I think is actually a world of past trauma), probably even some new areas, enemies, and in the far future: bosses. Ontop of all that also having expanded lore from happy heart hell. And let me remind everyone: This is one developer and their spouse, minor bugfixes are common, major updates take time, effort, love, and yes: money, big money.
If the dude arguing me would hear me out:

Think you can do better without any help from any outside sources, code built from the ground up, for animations, voice acting, plot, mechanics, supertough enemies, grunts, bosses, maps, collision, no collision, moving platforms that have a light to confirm you're on it, multiple game over scenes, transformations, effect statuses, like 100 different ways to struggle out of an enemies embrace, 50 of which if you don't get out in time adds a BROKEN status, dozens of sub areas in main areas, a cheat mode for the casual player that actually works in both making the game harder for someone or making it easier for a newbie, optional game overs from "staring" or being in the presence of something too long, a currency system, having to balance the currency system because of so many items and *ahem* services, one of the bosses literally requires $600(Ingame) in alcohol to get drunk enough to fight and attempt to steal her book and having to ONTOP of that program 2 different game over scenes?

I'd love to see you try %75 faster than the features in this game, meaning an update every day: You think you'd be able to handle that as a one man development team?

Of course all thats hypotheticals: Of course you couldn't. You couldn't surpass this game in terms of content entirely from scratch and thats just the truth. Doctor called in, he's saying he has some hard pills you need to swallow.

Jun 17, 2020
Lol, defending this game on a piracy site of all places? Absolutely pathetic, especially considering how the animations have 3 or 4 frames at best, and some of them don't even have a bad end. There's around 20 minutes of gameplay when this game has been out for at least 4 years, and every update is extremely barebones. It's obvious they are ripping people off.

Mass respects for people like the creator of Sinistar, who was working side-by-side with an engineer and every update seemed like a fine piece of art and was probably making half the money these guys are.
would you shut up with your elitist snob ass? This site asks permission from the developer themselves and encourages you support the developers work. I am actually one of his top tiers, not that you'd know that. Let me tell you what I told the other hardass: Do you think you could develop a game with even more content more fast when the developer promises every 3 to 4 months to update this game majorly? And the reason you only got 20 minutes of gameplay is probably because you didn't explore everything: there are secrets both in the form of areas, weapons, and items. Sometimes you even NEED a certain weapon to access new areas.
Plus its not just animation,
they have to make sure an area has proper collision, proper non-collision, update blockade data that is destroyed to be non-collision, set door statuses to lock / unlocked, remove the necessary key items from the players inventory when they get past the final area, introduce dialogue, introduce an entire SHADOW WORLD of dialogue about Whispys traumas, every update is extremely barebones?
Well I don't see YOUR name on the development team, now do I?
If you think they're ripping people off I have a counter to say your smug lil' ass is insulting the developer and his wife.
It's choosing beggars like you that make the world wanna spin in reverse, because you know what makes the world go round? Money. And considering the cost of living, mortgages and taxes are only on the rise? You should be thankful you're getting ANY content at all.
Yes, I'm defending the game, and YES I'm doing it out of my pocket of my own volition, do you think you could do ANY better and at all ANY faster without support from family and friends, just the one you're married to?
I'm done responding to snobbisms like yourself, be so kind to not have the biggest nose that can fit 80 glasses on them, with elitist snob lenses scrutinizing everything a developer does...

... Maybe then you'd have friends that don't bully developers...
Oh, and this is for you for being such a sweetheart:

Jun 17, 2020
One has to be a special kind of loser to self insert in his own game
That isn't a self insert man, that's a nintendo game reviewer. Why would he idolize an IRL person who reviews nintendo in his games as an enemy? I dunno, all I know is he better have more than $500 when you smack him with your crowbar. It could be a new enemy, in that case it's a hate statement or just for the lolz, or it's an NPC for a few bucks to cuck. Everyone has their niche I suppose. But yeah; I wonder how that Nintendo reviewer would react to his image being in Happy Heart Panic. You can probably line up the features of his face and nintendo shirt and reverse google image search till ya find the guys youtube channel where he does reviews.
I'm only top tier so I can support the developer and I didn't want to claim any tier awards, so it ain't me I can tell you that...
Anyways, good luck finding out who the reviewer is that was leaked into the game...

Reactions: Axis3123

Sscdrake

Jun 24, 2018
I'm astonished he manages to do all of this by himself, in such quality too. Why are furry devs so talented, lol? What's up with that?
Unfortunately they tend to be unusually flaky as well, hence why there are so few finished furry games compared to general pron. But you're 100% right, they have weirdly crazy skill ceilings and even unfinished many of those games are incredibly promising.

Just wish that promise would blossom more often, lol. So many interesting projects abandoned or in remaster/remake hell. Never got how you could remaster or remake a game that was never finished to begin with, but whatever...
oki now ur just lying and being ignorant
Don't follow the game so not sure about the updates, but he's not lying about them making mega-bank at least...

Even at the low end, that's over 80k a year and it's very likely not all mid subs and that's not including subscribe star subs. I dunno, that's a lot of money, especially if they don't live in the US and that money goes further for them. Not sure about 5 five-time devs with that amount, though, unless he's earning on the top end which would be over 200k a year.

Regardless, with that much support, I'd expect frequent updates regardless of how he decides he wants to make it work unless he clearly stated he refuses to work fulltime on the game, is insistent on keeping it a hobby, and folk are free to pay what they want as random tips with the knowledge that he's taking his time.

That would still be a lot of money for a game that doesn't update often imo, but maybe that's just me...

Last edited:

Sscdrake

Jun 24, 2018
I'm pretty sure the nintendo guy and this guy being in the game are two different people and not a self insert... merely a coincidental look alike.

It would be kinda terrible to be self inserted only to have the main heroine call your peepee small.
Hey, don't kink shame. It'd certainly would be one of the most tamest ones in that category at that, to be honest, lmao.

Jegal Taek

Apr 16, 2018
Possibilities to consider: all the major funding is going into new features, the new shadow world (Which I think is actually a world of past trauma), probably even some new areas, enemies, and in the far future: bosses. Ontop of all that also having expanded lore from happy heart hell. And let me remind everyone: This is one developer and their spouse, minor bugfixes are common, major updates take time, effort, love, and yes: money, big money.
If the dude arguing me would hear me out:

Think you can do better without any help from any outside sources, code built from the ground up, for animations, voice acting, plot, mechanics, supertough enemies, grunts, bosses, maps, collision, no collision, moving platforms that have a light to confirm you're on it, multiple game over scenes, transformations, effect statuses, like 100 different ways to struggle out of an enemies embrace, 50 of which if you don't get out in time adds a BROKEN status, dozens of sub areas in main areas, a cheat mode for the casual player that actually works in both making the game harder for someone or making it easier for a newbie, optional game overs from "staring" or being in the presence of something too long, a currency system, having to balance the currency system because of so many items and *ahem* services, one of the bosses literally requires $600(Ingame) in alcohol to get drunk enough to fight and attempt to steal her book and having to ONTOP of that program 2 different game over scenes?

I'd love to see you try %75 faster than the features in this game, meaning an update every day: You think you'd be able to handle that as a one man development team?

Of course all thats hypotheticals: Of course you couldn't. You couldn't surpass this game in terms of content entirely from scratch and thats just the truth. Doctor called in, he's saying he has some hard pills you need to swallow.
listen mate you need to chill out you type way too much. ofcorse give yourself every reason you need to convince yourself you are not stupid i think you need to get off what ever you are smoking they are making more than 3.500$ you realize this is more than avg for a job but anyway you say he(if one person is working on the game)is working IRL job? then dont make a fucking game and get 3500$ each month if you work part time on this game which makes 3500$ per month (or even less if you want to say they need to give a cut or smt)at his point you are scamming people but i dont want to argue with you the fact that you are their top tier patreon after what they are doing for 4 years or maybe more says everything i need to know about you Gl :) copium.jpg

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes