Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
TBH, not a fan of starting female. Your character starts with no eyebrows. Like, not on the character portrait - that looks normal - but in the description it says the character has no eyebrows (as if their body hair had been removed via drug side effects or ExperiLabs procedure).

And, with the fixing of the ExperiLabs save exploit, it's a huge hassle to fix this in the early game (ie. get ExperiLabs to give you body hair then get Lily to remove it). If such things matter to you.

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Sigh, those ads below the images are not doing any favors to the game. I know they want more patreons, but geez...couldn't they put them on the upper part of the screen instead of the middle?

Reactions: menatv

Neukenindekeuken

Apr 13, 2020
I think i'm stuck with the maid storyline. I'm working for S.w.S but cant get past the random clients even though my skills should be enough? It always says good work on the assignments and training...

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
I think i'm stuck with the maid storyline. I'm working for S.w.S but cant get past the random clients even though my skills should be enough? It always says good work on the assignments and training...
What do you mean by "get past"?

I don't think there's actually a resolution to the storyline. You just do the assignments and training until you don't want to anymore, then buy your way out of the contract.

Reactions: Neukenindekeuken

Neukenindekeuken

Apr 13, 2020
What do you mean by "get past"?

I don't think there's actually a resolution to the storyline. You just do the assignments and training until you don't want to anymore, then buy your way out of the contract.
Reading the walkthrough suggest you can get the maid ending that way? After the random clients and your skills high enough it says you can get your own clients and continue the story, thats why i'm confused. Thanks for the help btw much appreciated.

Almaskarell

May 13, 2018
How do you take an IQ test?
Also, if anyone has pointers on Cedric chat options that give you favors with him, I'd pretty grateful. And I mean ëxact options"if possible, not vague pointers like "be witty", if possible. So far I've tried to chat to him at least 10 times and he turn me down every single time T_T
One thing I've guessed is that you need to have a job? It seems he doesn't like it if you're unemployed...
What about side projects?

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
I'd like to know too. It says you get favors by asking about the IQ test. Then guessing (and I think I guess correctly at my intelligence). And I still get dumped by him. Every single time. Should I say I don't think we're a good match or something such as that? I don't see any really good options towards the end of the chat.

So yeah, I haven't even been able to go on a 1st date with him. Can't imagine how tough it must be for him to keep calling you.

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
According
How do you take an IQ test?
Also, if anyone has pointers on Cedric chat options that give you favors with him, I'd pretty grateful. And I mean ëxact options"if possible, not vague pointers like "be witty", if possible. So far I've tried to chat to him at least 10 times and he turn me down every single time T_T
One thing I've guessed is that you need to have a job? It seems he doesn't like it if you're unemployed...
What about side projects?
Cedric apparently likes "average" characters. Low stats, not ultra-male or ultra female and so on.

Almaskarell

May 13, 2018
According

Cedric apparently likes "average" characters. Low stats, not ultra-male or ultra female and so on.
That doesn't help, really. What counts as "low"? 0-1? 2-3?
Doesn't he want high intelligence?
Do you need to have a job or is it ok to be unemployed?
What do you say when he asks you about side projects?
Do you ask about him and his interests? Or do you only answer what he asks you.
The guide says that he likes teasing, but not too much teasing. What counts as "too much"?

I've read the walkthrough and every bit of info I could find, and it's all really vague and generic. That's why I'm asking for direct instructions. Exact stats, exact lines of dialogue. If you managed to get to first date with him, tell me what your stats/job/dialogue choices were.

D

Deleted member 3145675

I would also like to know.
Hi,
unless I'm much mistaken you open this only with Chrome Browser - so you must have it on your computer - if double click does not work - try right click - open (or open with) Chrome.
GL

Xinoe

Apr 30, 2020
Hi,
unless I'm much mistaken you open this only with Chrome Browser - so you must have it on your computer - if double click does not work - try right click - open (or open with) Chrome.
GL
The game folder has to be within your C: drive

ilovenudemods

Came for the tits, stayed for the story.
Donor
Apr 10, 2018
So they make you pay to play as female?

That's gonna be a hard pass on hornstown. Good luck.
to be fair, it's extremely easy to change gender in Hornstown. Even if you have to start as a male, simply take the drug trial at the start of the game (you need $ anyway, and it's a quick boost early on) and you'll most likely get side effects that will change you fully, or mostly fully female. After that, it's just a bit of tweaking with subsequent clinical and cosmetic procedures (hair removal, hair growth, possibly more breast growth or genital adjustments) to completely swap your gender, name, and how you perceive yourself (pronouns). After a short while, you'll essentially have the game giving you the exact same result as if you start fem.

Reactions: Carl0sDanger

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
On 5.41, does someone knows how to access the content of the 3 bear guys food truck? I tried on the main square, but when I get them, I only get the standard watch option, wich leads to the sausage special over.

EDIT: looks like there is a problem with the offline version (wich I was using) and the new content only appears at the online version for now. Ah well, I guess I'll have to wait a bit.

Last edited:

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
... you'll most likely get side effects that will change you fully, or mostly fully female.
I've never bothered to do the individual drug trials, but signing up for the full course always
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

After a short while, you'll essentially have the game giving you the exact same result as if you start fem.
Except that you'll have, you know, eyebrows.

ZelvanInRow

Sep 19, 2019
Updated the patch.
The cheats/patches work both for the original version and the unpacked one.
For the original you should place the "HORNSTOWN.exe" and the "Data" folder of the cheat in the same directory.
View attachment 880247
Just choose the one you need, extract and replace the original file(if you use the unpacked version).
- "patron & developer mode" enables the in-game cheat mode.

Have fun :)

edit: added patron & cheat mode (thanks to Prevat https://f95zone.to/threads/hard-times-in-hornstown-v4-7-unlikely.3493/post-4476759 )
does this still work on v5.5?

2.50 star(s) 28 Votes