Mod Ren'Py Hard to Love [S1 v0.0.42 & S2 v0.062] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm real close to the end... once there it's on to code cleanup, compile, and testing...

Remember to leave QuickSlot(1) open cause I'm taking it.
1684370809508.png

If I can knock this thing out before too long that'd be great. It's almost 2000hrs here now and I'd like that custom bowl of ramen.
1684370905095.png
I'll likely not finish coding out SanchoCheats but that's okay... there's nothing for them to do yet anyway other than those I already have coded.

Reactions: letaonchik

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (S2 v0.05)
HTL SM B02a1a.jpg HTL SM B02a1b.jpg
Go get you some.

New links for S2 are populated in the OP.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters.

Regards and enjoy.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
SanchoMod Update (S2 v0.05)
View attachment 2630036 View attachment 2630037
Go get you some.

New links for S2 are populated in the OP.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters.

Regards and enjoy.
Bet your hoping now that no new VN updates for ones you mod don't come out at least for a week ;)

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod QM HoverMode detail:

One of the new features (I know, it's minor but it's been requested more than a few times) is a QM hover mode. This one is coded pretty slick, since the QM is toggled in one of three ways: via the MiniMenu, SanchoOptions, or HotKey "q". Each one effects the QM differently so it was a bit tricky to code intuitively and correctly.
  • Via the MiniMenu only toggles the QM On/Off regardless of any current setting (regardless of On/Off/Hover).
  • Via SanchoOptions and you get everything in one place to tweak the QM (teaser below).
  • Via HotKey "q" cycles through the QM stages (On/Off/Hover).
  • All three above populate an associated SanchoNotifications (the upper-left notification flag) to let you know what mode QM is in.
I made it so if the player has the HoverMode enabled that the QM is shown with SanchoOptions screen open so you can actually see the QuickMenu while adjusting parameters. Once the player is done adjusting it, if the HoverMode is still active then when SanchoOptions is closed the QM goes back into its HoverMode state (hidden until the player mouses over a specified target area). HoverMode is automatically reset to Off if the QM is disabled (so it remains intuitive to use). It's setting is saved on a per save file basis (as with most SanchoOptions I do my best not to never fuck with your persistent file). The default when starting the VN or within either Gallery is QM ON mode (non-hover mode).

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoNote

FYI regarding S2 - A Personal Note:

I'm not going to lie, I thought about nulling all the code I felt was swiped from my previous work but I didn't. For example if the Player selects the dev's save naming option in preferences then I allowed it to function. If the Player later deselects the dev's save naming option then SanchoMod's save system once again takes over. I did insure that the mod's save system was the default though. Don't worry, I insured they are both 100% compatible, so choose your favorite.

The reason I mention this is even though things like this rub me the wrong way I do my best to not be hypocritical, meaning it's for YOU to choose whatever you wish and you should be allowed to know what choices you have. This has been my only debate on this site in regards to my mods being listed... so I stand by it. It would not be fair for me to decide for you what you have available.... but yes, there's many features I feel (and are provable) direct replications.

Regards.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Maintenance Update (S1 v0.041/v0.042)
This update is for the Season 1 mod only.

Go get you some.

Links in the OP are updated accordingly.

Changelog:
  • Resolved dictionary exception error during phone messages. I caught this bug in Season 2 before I released that mod so it's now resolved in Season 1 as well. There's well over 10k downloads of the latest S1 mod so I have no idea how that many folks haven't discovered the game-breaking issue yet... I guess 10k folks haven't played it yet. Odd.
Simply re-download and reinstall, overwriting as necessary.

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
I think this mod is not fully compatible with unren. If you unren the game the mod controls don't work very well. So avoiding using unren is recommended.

Many thanks to Sancho for his awesome mod. :love:

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
SanchoMod Maintenance Update (S1 v0.041/v0.042)
This update is for the Season 1 mod only.
Just to avoid confusion, I'm assuming it's just a naming discrepancy, but the links in the OP for S1 both point to files with a version listed as 0.041 as opposed to the game being 0.042.
I take it you just uploaded the fix without renaming the file?

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Just to avoid confusion, I'm assuming it's just a naming discrepancy, but the links in the OP for S1 both point to files with a version listed as 0.041 as opposed to the game being 0.042.
I take it you just uploaded the fix without renaming the file?
Indeed. S1 mod is compatible with both v0.041 and v0.042

It makes an installed unmodded v0.041 into v0.042 so that's why I have it that way but I understand for v0.042 folks that is also confusion. I'll clarify in the OP bud.

Reactions: FaceCrap

M1cha31

Dec 26, 2017
i keep getting errors
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/ep05.rpy", line 638, in <module>
NameError: name 'ep05summ' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "ep05.rpyc", line 638, in script
File "C:\Users\micha\Downloads\HardtoLove-0.05-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2115, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "C:\Users\micha\Downloads\HardtoLove-0.05-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1092, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:\Users\micha\Downloads\HardtoLove-0.05-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19044 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Hard to Love 0.05
Thu May 18 15:27:45 2023

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
i keep getting errors
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "ep05.rpyc", line 638, in script
File "C:\Users\micha\Downloads\HardtoLove-0.05-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2115, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "C:\Users\micha\Downloads\HardtoLove-0.05-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1092, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:\Users\micha\Downloads\HardtoLove-0.05-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19044 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Hard to Love 0.05
Thu May 18 15:27:45 2023
That.... should be impossible. That's a default VN dev variable and it's clearly defined in the VN's code:
default ep05summ = 0

That's near the beginning of the VN and I've played it dozens of times plus there's already over 5k DL's of the mod. Try installing just the VN only (without the mod). I don't alter or reference that variable at all...nothing, so it would seem you would get that error unmodded as well. But again, it should be impossible. Do that and report back... I need more info.

Reactions: M1cha31
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes