Mod Ren'Py Hard to Love [S1 v0.0.42 & S2 v0.062] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
huge thank you for your hard work:love:(y)
.. that's the thing though, this would be so damn easy if devs would stop renaming (files, labels, variables, etc) and altering RenPy versions.

What should take a few hours eats up dozens or more and end user keep having to replay the same thing over and over. It's all borderline insanity imho. None of this serves any benefit. Renaming a file from "f_Titles" to "f_titles" or "sms_images" to "chat_images" (for example) doesn't make anything more efficient or more "organized". Even all the choices were altered by removing most punctuation but leaving others (all the ending periods " . " were removed but all the question marks " ? " were retained. The list of silliness goes on and on. It's just a waste of time and effort on behalf of the dev.

Don't even get me started on the constant RenPy updates to VN's lately :ROFLMAO:

• Sad
Reactions: Cernunnos.

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
.. that's the thing though, this would be so damn easy if devs would stop renaming (files, labels, variables, etc) and altering RenPy versions.

What should take a few hours eats up dozens or more and end user keep having to replay the same thing over and over. It's all borderline insanity imho. None of this serves any benefit. Renaming a file from "f_Titles" to "f_titles" or "sms_images" to "chat_images" (for example) doesn't make anything more efficient or more "organized". Even all the choices were altered by removing most punctuation but leaving others (all the ending periods " . " were removed but all the question marks " ? " were retained. The list of silliness goes on and on. It's just a waste of time and effort on behalf of the dev.

Don't even get me started on the constant RenPy updates to VN's lately :ROFLMAO:
And then the Dev wonders why so many bugs will be reported... Good luck with your work and cheers!

Reactions: Cernunnos.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Just download the Mod today. But when I get to the Gallery, only 2 scenes are shown. Anyone knows why this happen. Thanks in advance.
This folks, is why I generally pull links while updating the mod.

Bud, you just made your v0.061 into v0.05 ... don't ever do that, always match versions of any mod on Earth to the version of software it's to be applied to. You're killing me.

I'll pull 'em now...

BrockLanders

Aug 8, 2020

Bud, you just made your v0.061 into v0.05 ... don't ever do that, always match versions of any mod on Earth to the version of software it's to be applied to. You're killing me.

I'll pull 'em now...
We will never ever have fully automated luxury space communism at this rate with such a layer 8 problem.

ThatFeelTemp

Feb 22, 2019

I'll pull 'em now...
The post you are replying to is almost a month old...

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The last choice block in this update is likely going to confuse folks due to the ChoiceGuide.

Base VN code:
Python:
$ character_data.update_character_attribute("Isabella", "forgiveness", True)
$ renpy.notify("You've upset Isabella and she may need some space.")
So, the ChoiceGuide for this choice will relay (IsabellaForgiveness). As you can see the event variable is being set to True, yet it's basically the opposite of forgiveness... it's like unforgiven in a sense. I wrote a post to the dev in the VN's thread here regarding it's potential confusion for her in the future... and to keep an eye on these types of flags.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (Season 2 v0.061 Part 1)
HTL SM B03a1.jpg HTL SM B03a2.jpg
Go get you some.

Links in OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

IMPORTANT: A new playthrough (restart) is required. The dev changed the RenPy version, renamed all the files, and created a completely different file structure. Not my fault, you'd have to restart even if you never used a mod in your life.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

Last edited:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
SanchoMod Update (Season 2 v0.061 Part 1)
View attachment 2792035 View attachment 2792036
Go get you some.

Links in OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.
At least you will be ready when the "full" episode 6 comes out in a months' time or so ;)

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Just got caught back up with the Dev on this one. That ending, interesting, but none the less, no problems from the mod. Thank you so very much for your work on this!!!

JHawkins

May 30, 2020
Ugh i hate it when devs make saves incompatible, thanks for your work with the mod but i guess ill bench this game til its done.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes