• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py Hard to Love [S1 v0.0.42 & S2 v0.062] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Lumi24

Mar 21, 2022
Annoying as fuck when old saves won't work but your mods make this a hell of a lot easier, thank you.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
No I didn't add the patch on top of yours, also this is season 2
Well, in S2 she either calls MC "Daddy"/"Dad" or "Landlord", not his name. I toggle between them in realtime with no issue. Can you be more specific like posting a thumbnail or pic inside a spoiler tag so I'm not searching for a needle in a haystack?

Rannell

Jul 29, 2020
Well, in S2 she either calls MC "Daddy"/"Dad" or "Landlord", not his name. I toggle between them in realtime with no issue. Can you be more specific like posting a thumbnail or pic inside a spoiler tag so I'm not searching for a needle in a haystack?
It looks like the problem only occurs during the haircut scene. Maybe there are different variable used there, but WDIK

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It looks like the problem only occurs during the haircut scene. Maybe there are different variable used there, but WDIK
Okay, I see where you are. That's on the dev. She purposely placed the MC's name in that dialogue. I have no idea why. If you want I can ask her and give the code example so she can figure out if it is how she wanted it or if it's a fubar/bork.

Reactions: Rannell

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
See a post I just made here in the VN's thread asking her directly crediting you. You can monitor there to see her response (if she does respond).

Reactions: Rannell
Nov 21, 2020
Keep getting this error for S1
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Could not load from archive 3dcamera/camera.rpyc.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\dexte\Downloads\HardtoLove-0.042-pc\HardtoLove-0.042-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\dexte\Downloads\HardtoLove-0.042-pc\HardtoLove-0.042-pc\renpy\main.py", line 490, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\Users\dexte\Downloads\HardtoLove-0.042-pc\HardtoLove-0.042-pc\renpy\script.py", line 297, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\Users\dexte\Downloads\HardtoLove-0.042-pc\HardtoLove-0.042-pc\renpy\script.py", line 720, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load from archive %s." % (lastfn,))

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Sancho1969 is about to have his hands full, not with his Johnson, but with this :devilish:

v0.062 is coming very, and I mean very soon :whistle:

Changelog - Version 0.062
-----------------------------------------------------
ADDITIONS:
- 80 old renders updated and modified (episode 5).
- 04 old renders updated and modified (episode 6).
- Added multicam code functionality for videos. Check the top right corner, there will be the options to choose the camera you want to see.
- Added 224 new still renders.
- Added 19 new animation/videos.
- Added 7 new sound effects (SFX)
- Added 4 new background music tracks (BGM)

CHANGES:
- Updated how config file works.
- Edited some dialogues from version 0.061.
- Updated how names/relationship works. Could be good for modding.
- Updated how randomizing works.

BUG FIXES:
- Fixed location path on videos (thank you renpy 8.1.1 for this dumb bug)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Keep getting this error for S1
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\dexte\Downloads\HardtoLove-0.042-pc\HardtoLove-0.042-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\dexte\Downloads\HardtoLove-0.042-pc\HardtoLove-0.042-pc\renpy\main.py", line 490, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\Users\dexte\Downloads\HardtoLove-0.042-pc\HardtoLove-0.042-pc\renpy\script.py", line 297, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\Users\dexte\Downloads\HardtoLove-0.042-pc\HardtoLove-0.042-pc\renpy\script.py", line 720, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load from archive %s." % (lastfn,))
That file is included in the S1 mod package so I have no idea why your installation is missing it:
1692530920050.png

If you want, make a new subfolder inside "/game" named exactly 3dcamera and copy the contents of the attached inside of that. Then start the VN and see if that sorts you out.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Geez, fuck my life... another damn revamp of old material... again! How many times must we do this? Ugh.
No clue, just know the previous release was only a part and believe it was just put out for Patreon to have something out so they could play in the meantime, think this might be the full update.

Hawka1O7

Dec 25, 2018
It's not a revamp but the full second half of the update so lots of new stuff at the very least. Looking forward to your mod for this one Sancho, could really use it to navigate some sticky situations in this version when it comes out for the public ;)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It's not a revamp but the full second half of the update so lots of new stuff at the very least. Looking forward to your mod for this one Sancho, could really use it to navigate some sticky situations in this version when it comes out for the public ;)
Well.. let's be fair... this is more of a revamp than just a bit of new material. Sure, there's some new images/animations/continuation of story but the amount of time revamping old material each update along with the plain silliness of the constant changes in the underlying RenPy version the dev insists on doing is.... cumbersome and a bit pointless. IMHO if a revamp of old material is to be done, then do it all in one go. Remember, we still have "Season 1" which isn't even a real season that has yet to be "redone". This VN drives me bonkers. It's getting to the point where it's all hat and no cattle. It needs a real project gameplan, not just spur of the moment alterations for the sake of doing them.

But... that's all my personal opinion which means absolutely zero at the end of the day so I'll leave it at that I reckon.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The VN I almost begin to dread at this point. There's been more changes than those previously listed, one of which is the way the "patch" works which was a massive step backwards and not forwards imho. I made a small rant post here regarding it.

Reactions: DaniZam

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Geez, it gets worse.

Now newly implemented is rollback blocking after each choice.

WTF is up with this VN? It's like Yukana insists on making all the worst decisions possible. No player ever wants to see rollback block, especially when done like this.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes