Mod Ren'Py Hard to Love [S1 v0.0.42 & S2 v0.062] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Nandanox

Apr 7, 2018
Soo, i never tried this game before, started it up, uncompressed version, v0.3 of the mod.
aaand, name change does not stick, nor did i find any option in the mod to actually change it in any way.
after doing some checking i found you had a name change fix, but stated it was only for those that didn't use your mod.
so i'm a bit confused here.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Soo, i never tried this game before, started it up, uncompressed version, v0.3 of the mod.
aaand, name change does not stick, nor did i find any option in the mod to actually change it in any way.
after doing some checking i found you had a name change fix, but stated it was only for those that didn't use your mod.
so i'm a bit confused here.
Hmm... I see. I reckon I missed putting the code in this version of the mod. No worries, use the name change fixer, I see no reason why it would not be compatible with the mod as well.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It works fine, bro.
Indeed, that can be used as a workaround, but I did forget in this update to correct the "new game" MC name input. It's been borked ever since the VN debut. The name fixer simply replaces that story script with correct coding. Two different ways to skin the same cat at the end of the day I reckon.

Reactions: kshyk

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Indeed, that can be used as a workaround, but I did forget in this update to correct the "new game" MC name input. It's been borked ever since the VN debut. The name fixer simply replaces that story script with correct coding. Two different ways to skin the same cat at the end of the day I reckon.
I started a new game and had to use it. Yeah. I wasn't about to play as a 'Chris'. lol

Nandanox

Apr 7, 2018
Hmm... I see. I reckon I missed putting the code in this version of the mod. No worries, use the name change fixer, I see no reason why it would not be compatible with the mod as well.
Thanks for quick reply, and will do.
keep up the good work, it seems a lot of the Multi/WT mods i've used recently has been from you.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
They don't call me crazy for nothing :ROFLMAO:
You think you're crazy? Nah, the dev is. Dev renamed almost all the files. This has just become a bit more complicated to port over but I'll sort it. I'm currently wrapping up "University of Problems Extended" but I took a quick look and I'm none to happy about the coding changes if I'm being honest.

Sep 13, 2020
You think you're crazy? Nah, the dev is. Dev renamed almost all the files. This has just become a bit more complicated to port over but I'll sort it. I'm currently wrapping up "University of Problems Extended" but I took a quick look and I'm none to happy about the coding changes if I'm being honest.
Any way you can engineer the code or reverse engineer the code to fit your capabilities ? I'm willing to test it because this is just a new vn I started playing on just got done with another one that contained one of your mods.

Last edited:

noremac7777

May 11, 2018
Any way you can engineer the code or reverse engineer the code to fit your capabilities ? I'm willing to test it because this is just a new vn I started playing on just got done with another one that contained one of your mods.
At a glance I can't imagine Sancho will have trouble with it, but a lot the files have been renamed or reworked (e.g. ch1 is now ep02) which makes the job more frustrating as the existing work needs to be moved to the new files. Usually updating a mod like this is as 'simple' as going over the new script file(s) added in the game's new version.

The content may have also been refactored inside those files which would further complicate the task, but standard unren.bat fails on this update which is where I usually lose interest in picking these things apart.

Again, it's not likely to be anything Sancho hasn't already done, but it's doubtless annoying to have to redo what should've been completed work on the older parts.

Reactions: Crazy_Chicken87

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The biggest challenge is Chapter 2 (v0.03). It's been reworked pretty heavily with much of the dialogue changed/updated. I'm sorting through it while also trying to figure out why the dev removed all the sound FX code. I'm msg'ing privately with him currently.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay, I've fought and won the initial battle: I've ported all the base mod core code over and adapted it to the new GUI tweaks which you'll see below. The main menu has changed a bit... well, actually a ton of code has changed "a bit". I'm working my way through it and haven't taken a break yet, just so ya know I'm not dicking around.
1670555654297.png

pig_benis

Jul 6, 2020
Okay, I've fought and won the initial battle: I've ported all the base mod core code over and adapted it to the new GUI tweaks which you'll see below. The main menu has changed a bit... well, actually a ton of code has changed "a bit". I'm working my way through it and haven't taken a break yet, just so ya know I'm not dicking around.
You're a legend brother, appreciate you.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
You're a legend brother, appreciate you.
Amen, you're too good Sancho
Well, I don't know about all that... there's been some serious challenges lately but it's partly my fault as well. What you folks see looks like it's the same large mod stamped onto a game but in reality I have to conform the mod core for each game to give that impression. This way it starts to feel natural or otherwise very familiar so your attention gets to the story and not the damn mod (that's what I'm trying to do anyway). The problem lies whenever there's large changes made by the dev it throws everything in the mod's code into complete chaos.

If I'm good at anything it's forcing my square "coding" into a VN's round hole... errr... something like that :ROFLMAO:

muscon3

Nov 3, 2018
View attachment 1738594

Overview:
In-game mod for Hard to Love
Multi-mod adds support for save descriptions, choice guide, custom stat screens, custom scene gallery, custom settings, custom fonts and more.

As always if you like the game please show your support for the Developer whose respective links are found below.

*** Another debut of SanchoMod Core v6a ***
Massive overhaul of core mod with 1,000's of cumulative hours in development

Note: the "patch" is built-in and even toggle-enabled, no need to install it separately.
Important: Compatible with the uncompressed and only
this compressed version currently.

Note: Currently updating to v0.041. Thank you in advance for your patience.

Updated: 10-22-2022
Game/Creator: Hard to Love / Qori Gaming /
Modder: Sancho1969 F95
Mod Version: v0.03
Game Version: v0.03
Language: English

Features:
  • Improved aesthetics with animated mod menus/screens, all fully customizable to tailor your personal experience.
  • Too many story branches got you down 'cause you can't remember which of your saves is which? I gotcha covered. Includes the Original SanchoMod save description feature. Often imitated (including the use of my GUI buttons) the SanchoSave is more intelligent and efficient, saving you keystrokes as it autoloads the save slot descriptions and it also allows you to completely escape the process of saving if you wish (I've personally not seen this feature with other imitations). Feature can be toggled on/off anytime as desired.
  • Adds multiple exhaustive stats screens always accessible via the MiniMenu or Options menu. Resizable, toggle-enabled, various formats, and more.
  • Adds in-game walkthrough (ChoiceGuide) noting all variable changes and highlighting important choices. Can be toggled on/off at anytime, play as YOU want to play. You are not forced to view spoilers if you do not wish.
  • Multiple opacity and text sizing options to customize your experience including dialogue boxes, text and fonts, QuickMenu sizing and format versions, and more. All can be toggled on/off as desired, again allowing you even more control to tailor your experience.
  • Adds a custom fully unlocked scene gallery (SanchoGallery) that runs completely independent.
  • Adds professionally coded custom cheats (SanchoCheats) if applicable (varies from port to port).
  • Adds the ability to view multiple scenes (SanchoSplits) if menu choice has a scene/route split.
  • Adds toggled custom iPatch
  • Too many new features to list.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
SaveFixer:
(Using SanchoModded saves in an unmodded game)
Change-Log:

If you enjoy my mods and guides, please consider smashing the "(y)like" to give me support. You won't see links or advertisements in any of my mods, all I ask is for your gratitude if you enjoy my work. Feel free to follow my profile where I post new mods, updates, and status of works-in-progress. If you find this particular mod beneficial and/or enjoyable, consider leaving a proper review and a "vote" so others might benefit from your personal experience. My personal thanks (as always) to the hardworking devs, compressors, and admins. Kindest regards and be well.
update please

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes