Mod Ren'Py Hard to Love [S1 v0.0.42 & S2 v0.062] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Here's a puzzle for y'all while I work.... Nana's relp variable is nanamips. So, wtf does "mips" mean? Good luck, fuck if I know.

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
Here's a puzzle for y'all while I work.... Nana's relp variable is nanamips. So, wtf does "mips" mean? Good luck, fuck if I know.
I hate when someone doesn't use the uppercase to make their variables more readable.

"Girl" "{size=25}I-- I'm Nanami.{/size}"

NanamiPS

similar to AntonellaPS, IsabellaPS, ElizabethPS, MadisonPS

Reactions: EPCOT

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I hate when someone doesn't use the uppercase to make their variables more readable.

"Girl" "{size=25}I-- I'm Nanami.{/size}"

NanamiPS

similar to AntonellaPS, IsabellaPS, ElizabethPS, MadisonPS
Winner!! Ding ding! ... yeah, I was thinking just "Nana" the whole time... ugh.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It's almost 2200 hours here but I might be able to finish this tonight. I need to get a bite to eat though but I have the ChoiceGuide sorted and the base scenes for SanchoGallery. There's two event variables that pretzel a bit so I need to get them sorted 100% before progressing to the final phase. I'll keep y'all updated.

Edit: Getting close... light at the end of the tunnel:
1666409641118.png

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you all for your patience this evening as I hammered all this out. I've been polishing this hot rod up and I can't find a speck of dust left on 'er. I reckon it's time to compile this bad boy up and get on with some integrity testing on my bench testing units. It's just after 2300 hours here so the goal is within the hour... just please don't punk me if I don't meet it for some reason... any bug could set me back but I confident it's solid... 99.69% sure.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Fuck it. I had to fix a very small GUI bug so I'm giving y'all a bonus that I've never put in any other SanchoMod to date... another hotkey (and of course it's one of the most complex)... "m" for MiniStat.

So, now all the new hotkeys are:
  • Alt+Arrow keys: Alt+Up/Down changes dialogue text size, Alt+Left/Right changes dialogue box opacity (same as if you do it in SanchoOptions)
  • Lower-case "g": ChoiceGuide toggle
  • Lower-case "m": MiniStat toggle
  • Lower-case "q": QuickMenu toggle
  • Lower-case "s": Standard SanchoStat (not the big one from clicking "SanchoMod" while in-game, but the bottom-up framed in-game version)
All the above work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently.... cause that's how we roll.

Now, I have to recompile and re-test... I can still make the midnight goal I think (if I quite posting shit) :ROFLMAO:

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Fuck it. I had to fix a very small GUI bug so I'm giving y'all a bonus that I've never put in any other SanchoMod to date... another hotkey (and of course it's one of the most complex)... "m" for MiniStat.

So, now all the new hotkeys are:
  • Alt+Arrow keys: Alt+Up/Down changes dialogue text size, Alt+Left/Right changes dialogue box opacity (same as if you do it in SanchoOptions)
  • Lower-case "g": ChoiceGuide toggle
  • Lower-case "m": MiniStat toggle
  • Lower-case "q": QuickMenu toggle
  • Lower-case "s": Standard SanchoStat (not the big one from clicking "SanchoMod" while in-game, but the bottom-up framed in-game version)
All the above work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently.... cause that's how we roll.

Now, I have to recompile and re-test... I can still make the midnight goal I think (if I quite posting shit) :ROFLMAO:
Thank you for your countless efforts to enrich this community with your passionate work (all over the F95Zone) during your spare time! (y):)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lantern0331

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Damnit, I was so close... but what's 15mins amongst friends? Ok, while I upload everything and sort posts out remember, there's only one compressed version that currently works and that is here by my bud Exoplast. The other compressed is borked (as of this post). The uncompressed always works of course.

Enough yammering, let me get back to it...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (v0.03 - Chapter 2)

Go get you some.

Links in the OP and the FAQ post directly under the OP are updated accordingly.

Change log:
  • Important: Read the compressed VN criteria in the OP.
  • Updated to latest mod Core code
  • Rewrote the SanchoGallery to include scene filters.
  • SanchoHotKeys (while in-game only) NEW! In addition to the dialogue box's [Alt+ArrowKeys] adjustments you can now toggle the ChoiceGuide On/Off via the "g" key, the popup SanchoStats screen via the "s" key, the MiniStat via the "m" key, and the QuickMenu via the "q" key. Note that these keys are designated lower-case. Upper-case will still perform the standard RenPy features being render adjustment and screenshot respectively.
  • I'm certain there's more but can't remember off the top of my head.
If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
SanchoMod Update (v0.03 - Chapter 2)

Go get you some.

Links in the OP and the FAQ post directly under the OP are updated accordingly.

Change log:
  • Important: Read the compressed VN criteria in the OP.
  • Updated to latest mod Core code
  • Rewrote the SanchoGallery to include scene filters.
  • SanchoHotKeys (while in-game only) NEW! In addition to the dialogue box's [Alt+ArrowKeys] adjustments you can now toggle the ChoiceGuide On/Off via the "g" key, the popup SanchoStats screen via the "s" key, the MiniStat via the "m" key, and the QuickMenu via the "q" key. Note that these keys are designated lower-case. Upper-case will still perform the standard RenPy features being render adjustment and screenshot respectively.
  • I'm certain there's more but can't remember off the top of my head.
If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.
Awesomeness, looks like works, thank you so very much for doing this!!!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yepp, like a charm. No issues at all. (y)
Actually I've found one issue already. I'm guessing (currently) it's this version of RenPy 8 but if you spam the "s" button for the SanchoStat, since it lags a bit due to the animation a screenshot sneaks through. The keymap doesn't work proper so there's nothing I can do about it. A player can spam the shit out of all the other hotkeys no problem though... it's just that one. Minor, but a thing nonetheless.

• Sad
Reactions: WICKEDp4th

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yepp, like a charm. No issues at all.
Edit: Sancho found an issue.
No sad faces brother. Now we know we're pushing RenPy to it's limits... that was the goal the whole time anyway. Get as much as we can out of the language and then polish what we have to a diamond. I'm still working on the polish of course. If RenPy would expand to the very latest Python updates then we might achieve..... SanchoMetaVerse! (headset sold separately. all major credit cards accepted. tax, title, and license not included. shipping and handling charges apply.) :p

Last edited:

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
No sad faces brother. Now we know we're pushing RenPy to it's limits... that was the goal the whole time anyway. Get as much as we can out of the language and then polish what we have to a diamond. I'm still working on the polish of course. If RenPy would expand to the very latest Python updates then we might achieve..... SanchoMetaVerse! (headset sold separately. all major credit cards accepted. tax, title, and license not included. shipping and handling charges apply.) :p
Ja, it’s more of an self insertion, not quite meant about the issue itself.

SanchoMetaVerse?!
I guess you’ve planned all this far ahead.;)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ja, it’s more of an self insertion, not quite meant about the issue itself.

SanchoMetaVerse?!
I guess you’ve planned all this far ahead.;)
My dumb ass probably has a better shot at succeeding than fuckin' zuckerberg :ROFLMAO: That fucker is just recreating what was already on the Sony PS2 fucking 15 yrs ago.

• Haha
Reactions: WICKEDp4th
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes