Mod Ren'Py Hard to Love [S1 v0.0.42 & S2 v0.062] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm guessing everyone won't read that or the edit and say oh the "mod is broken" if the compressed version doesn't get re-did.

I'm going out on a limb (maybe not) and going to say the vast majority will grab the compressed.
It's not the first time tbh. In other mod's threads I have a huge line in the OP that states it's not compatible with the compressed if the compressor doesn't resolve the issue. Most compressors replace all the files except images/animations like they were originally which is the proper way to do it. The newer folks compressing don't either know or understand the issues caused tbh.

Reactions: JohnJG

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Holy smokes... I finally got it to fire up (I've some code changes that need to still be made converting this to R8, especially the custom mouse cursors):

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm extending the auto-rollback feature just in case there's any issue loading saves. I haven't had one yet but some of my saves rolled back quite a ways... so I'm doing this just to insure 99.9% load-ability. I'm sorting the mouse cursor and keymap now (R8 is different than R7 so all that code has to be swapped). Then I have some GUI issues to fix (nothing major). After that I'm on to coding for the actual update of Ch2.

ShiroOkami2

Mar 14, 2020
I'm guessing everyone won't read that or the edit and say oh the "mod is broken" if the compressed version doesn't get re-did.

I'm going out on a limb (maybe not) and going to say the vast majority will grab the compressed.
Yeah like myself I think most will grab the compressed, otherwise too big for a v0.03 and waste of data depending where you are in the world. Tho most know Sancho's standards by now and know to read the thread if issues appear before saying the mod is broke

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ok, I think the last of the "toys" is fixed... the song info was starting to kick my ass but I kept throwing haymakers:
1666394128341.png
I still know the dev from UniOfProbs stole this shit from me... but alas, no one really gives a shit 'bout that.

monkeycid

May 25, 2017
I popped by after noticing this gem of a game has updated and you're right there, getting things working for all of us lazy horny halfwits.

• Haha
Reactions: Sancho1969

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
Those who can, do. Those who can't, steal? :unsure: the quality of your mods is surreal and the effort/time you put in doesn't go unnoticed.. You also keep adding other titles I like to your modlist. making grindy or unplayable games playable, it's appreciated and we/I should support you more :love:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Dang it y'all... no one told me before that I missed the ChoiceGuide in ALL of the phone messages? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I don't know how we all missed that! :poop:
Oh well, I'm sorting it now (yes, before moving on to the actual VN update, have to get it tight first)
1666396714580.png

Nov 9, 2020
R8 didn't like me at all on this conversion... all my toys are broken. I'm working through them but damnit, thank goodness for whiskey and a McIntosh sound system (yes, it's vintage).
dammit now i know i have to try this game if you're modding it. btw kudos on having a McIntosh sound system.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
dammit now i know i have to try this game if you're modding it. btw kudos on having a McIntosh sound system.
Bud, I've been trying to get the dev recognition for this title as it's so far under the radar... but it's not too shabby tbh. Of course there's gonna be things you'll be like WTF? But the dev seems to really care about it and is quite friendly. He has my full support for whatever that's worth (a bit of cash and my time modding the shit out of his game).

• Red Heart
Reactions: Smollppgiantballs

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
BTW, you should here this beast pumping through the Klipsch Heresy's I got from my pops after college. He got these things shortly after his 'Nam tour (he had two sets) and these things still have not had to have been re-coned. They are simply incredible. It's the reference system I use in the studio. I monitor off of Mackie HR824's off the board. Home theater is completely different of course. This is the cabin setup. The coastal joint has completely different hardware. Let's just say I've spent some large coin in my day :ROFLMAO:

• Red Heart

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
BTW folks, here's the menu being served. I should also add that since the VN is now on R8, once you load an old save (instead of starting a new game) cycle the MiniStat Off/On once so it's variables can all be set correctly. This is a known issue when converting to R8 and will then allow the MiniStat to close and open automatically during lewds, phone texts, etc.

Nov 9, 2020
BTW, you should here this beast pumping through the Klipsch Heresy's I got from my pops after college. He got these things shortly after his 'Nam tour (he had two sets) and these things still have not had to have been re-coned. They are simply incredible. It's the reference system I use in the studio. I monitor off of Mackie HR824's off the board. Home theater is completely different of course. This is the cabin setup. The coastal joint has completely different hardware. Let's just say I've spent some large coin in my day :ROFLMAO:
so freakin jelly im running a onkyo txnr626 with Dayton audio B652-air bookselfs a Dayton Audio C452-AIR center channel and Klipsch SPL-120 powered sub sounds pretty good for a low budget setup

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
so freakin jelly im running a onkyo txnr626 with Dayton audio B652-air bookselfs a Dayton Audio C452-AIR center channel and Klipsch SPL-120 powered sub sounds pretty good for a low budget setup
Don't knock that shit bud, in the LR theater of the cabin I have an Onkyo amp, pushing Infinities for 5.1 (the sub is Inf too). Nothing wrong with the older Onkyo goodies at all imho.

Edit: I ran downstairs and looked, it's an Onkyo TX-SV727... not the cream of the crop but does fine for the room it's in.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2020
Don't knock that shit bud, in the LR theater of the cabin I have an Onkyo amp, pushing Infinities for 5.1 (the sub is Inf too). Nothing wrong with the older Onkyo goodies at all imho.
honestly i love the receiver its has a ton of cool little features and has been rock solid plus 95w a channel on a 7.2 receiver is not super common. the Bluetooth works great and with the WIFI built in I can stream music from my pc.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
honestly i love the receiver its has a ton of cool little features and has been rock solid plus 95w a channel on a 7.2 receiver is not super common. the Bluetooth works great and with the WIFI built in I can stream music from my pc.
I edited my post after I ran downstairs, got an adult beverage refill and looked... it's TX-SV727 (from mid-90's if I remember correctly when I bought it). Powered 15" sub does the heavy lifting, so it's all good.

• Red Heart

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ok folks, I have the base done (I hope) and now rocking on Ch2. Here's the first choice, the dev's new dia box, etc. I insured that now when you change fonts and/or dia boxes that the text size/line spacing is damn near perfect to each other so you will get minimum "shock" from changing. The latest hotbuttons work 100%... the Alt+Arrow keys for size/opacity, and all the new ones I have in the last two mods I updated. We're rollin' now...
1666401209262.png

Reactions: ShiroOkami2
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes