Mod Ren'Py Hard to Love [S1 v0.0.42 & S2 v0.062] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

pepiteaux12

Nov 8, 2017
here I deleted "a thank you will suffice" and a sorry will suffice too my highness
PS/it would be nice if the others deleted the reply as the link is still active as I find them on another platform

• Angry
Reactions: Balu83

tungmn97

Oct 3, 2019
here I deleted "a thank you will suffice" and a sorry will suffice too my highness
PS/it would be nice if the others deleted the reply as the link is still active as I find them on another platform
What are you on about? The links are down because they are NOT compatible with the new version, simple as that. No one is blaming you.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I remember kicking the tires on this issue before. As some may know the newest versions of SanchoMod allow the user to change the opacity of the menu choice images (think bars or frames) but this VN is... different. I am still thinking of a proper way to allow the player to adjust these in HtL but obviously the default faded graphic doesn't leave me much to work with (pic below for example)
1655646548978.png
In Alpha the adjustment was in SanchoOptions but disabled. I may have to do the same again if I run short on time but I'll see what I can do in Adobe.

4st3r1sc0

Jul 5, 2020
I just wanted to help a little nothing more these good there are worse in life and on earth than a simple link........non ????.
and a simple "can you delete please".
and i'm not going to have fun reading and translating everything either because as said above my english is not my first language. i'm doing my best to understand
People will download your link, which wont work, complain about it to Sancho1969 and bother him.
As someone who used to make things for free and share them online, this behaviour can make you stop doing them.

Les gens téléchargeront votre lien, qui ne fonctionnera pas, s'en plaindront à Sancho1969 et le dérangeront.
En tant que personne qui fabriquait des choses gratuitement et les partageait en ligne, ce comportement peut vous faire arrêter de les faire.

Reactions: botc76

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yo, it's ok y'all, I reckon I've said what is important for others to consider here. I'm not upset nor hostile. I'm only mentioning it to help protect folks from themselves... you know how whack shit is on these interwebz. Let's not beat this dead horse to dust... I've already russian and chinese sites ripping my work off, a possible corrupt link won't be what stops me.

On track, adding quality of life tweaks as I go. Note that now the toggle iPatch not only changes naming in the stat screens in real time, but I've added a specific status below the MC's name so it's clear. Realize though that any dialogue changes are only on the next screen as RenPy does NOT update it after it's on screen. This has always been the case and not title specific. The same anomaly occurs in "Vis" which I toggle a similar feature. I apologize for not enlarging the MiniStat and darkening it in the below pic, I forgot as I work on bright, large 4k multi-monitors but you get the idea, it's not worth the 1 minute to recapture:
1655648098384.png

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Shit, I forgot to mention...

Until I figure out a proper way for you to toggle the mouse I've adjusted the VN's pointer to be more like you would expect - that the point of the cursor is the target selector, not the body of the cursor. That made thing a whole lot easier to deal with imho. Wolf I haven't forgot but in case the feature doesn't make it in it will at least be improved a bit.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm adding some dynamic MiniStat data for previous events, for example Antonella's "Office" event for those that haven't seen this feature before:

Here the MiniStat is in it's normal state (darkened a bit for ease of viewing):
HTL SM B01c1.jpg

Here the event has started. SanchoNotify alerts the player that it has started and now being newly tracked in the MiniStat. Red score means you ain't reached the goal yet, Sparky:
HTL SM B01c2.jpg

Here the player has finally achieved a proper score via the various choices and the score color changed to signify:
HTL SM B01c3.jpg

The scoring event is now completed and the MiniStat automatically returns to its normal state:
HTL SM B01c4.jpg

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
A quick word regarding SanchoCheats as I progress with the update. Note that as of this version (v0.02) the LI Relp system is not used in any conditional to date. This will likely change but just know that even though I allow you a feature to manipulate these values they currently have zero consequence. I'm noting in the choices of event variables of what is possible to obtain and what is not in typical dynamic ChoiceGuide fashion.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ok, there's a couple of previous decisions that had unknown outcomes in Alpha that are now starting to flesh themselves out. I'll put this example pic in a spoiler just in case. In this example we had no idea what the decision consequence might be in Alpha and now know it splits a scene later in the chapter. Due to the length of story before the the scene split (it's split later in the chapter automatically in the script not directly after the choice) this is NOT a candidate for SanchoSplits. This is a candidate for a save point and possibly a new cheat button later (yet to be determined).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ok, I'm close to polishing the final dynamic ChoiceGuide. After that I reckon all I have left is to add a scene to the SanchoGallery then prep for final compile.

If I have a bit of extra time I'll make a very simple music info toggle... I won't have time for anything too fancy but it will hopefully be enough to satisfy some folks. Again, if I have time, no promises on this yet as I haven't even resolved the mouse cursor replacement toggle yet.

I appreciate everyone's patience as I take time to make sure this is polished and professional. I like this dev and want to help bring attention to the title as I think it deserves a lot more than it's getting tbh. Thanks again for your understanding.

troman

Jan 29, 2022
Ok, I'm close to polishing the final dynamic ChoiceGuide. After that I reckon all I have left is to add a scene to the SanchoGallery then prep for final compile.

If I have a bit of extra time I'll make a very simple music info toggle... I won't have time for anything too fancy but it will hopefully be enough to satisfy some folks. Again, if I have time, no promises on this yet as I haven't even resolved the mouse cursor replacement toggle yet.

I appreciate everyone's patience as I take time to make sure this is polished and professional. I like this dev and want to help bring attention to the title as I think it deserves a lot more than it's getting tbh. Thanks again for your understanding.
thanks for your work but could just post the walkthrough now and add feature later

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
thanks for your work but could just post the walkthrough now and add feature later
Well, that's basically what I said bud. I'm down with pushing out a maintenance update. The only issue doing this is if more VN's I maintain drop updates unannounced to me then things get shoved to the back burner. Anyway, the goal is to have something out today my time. It's 1614 hours here now and I'm still burning a brisket outside and have some Crown & Cokes to attend to while showing my appreciation for the lass that will be joining me later. That's code for "I'm not going to write script all night but get me some instead". :p

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Well, that's basically what I said bud. I'm down with pushing out a maintenance update. The only issue doing this is if more VN's I maintain drop updates unannounced to me then things get shoved to the back burner. Anyway, the goal is to have something out today my time. It's 1614 hours here now and I'm still burning a brisket outside and have some Crown & Cokes to attend to while showing my appreciation for the lass that will be joining me later.
You have the patience of a Saint. I hate impatient fucks. "Hurry up! I needs it now or my tiny pp will fall off!" :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: skrusher

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hang tight. There seems to be an error in point distribution with Amber. I'm confirming with the dev currently. Nothing game breaking but it makes no sense to me. I won't spoil exactly what I'm getting at yet until folks get to play it that haven't but there sure seems to be a minor fubar here.

Edit: Forgot we have a timezone issue. I messaged him regardless detailing the issue. Now, back to it.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
We communicating. It won't stop the mod from being published, I just need to be clear it's the intended result... this is regarding the only Love point currently available. There will be others but this first one is awarded at an opposing choice to my thoughts on the matter. I'll spoil no more until a later date/time.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JenMistress

troman

Jan 29, 2022
Well, that's basically what I said bud. I'm down with pushing out a maintenance update. The only issue doing this is if more VN's I maintain drop updates unannounced to me then things get shoved to the back burner. Anyway, the goal is to have something out today my time. It's 1614 hours here now and I'm still burning a brisket outside and have some Crown & Cokes to attend to while showing my appreciation for the lass that will be joining me later. That's code for "I'm not going to write script all night but get me some instead". :p
I appreciate your work man im just saying that you could publish choice guide then update features later im not complaining or anything.
regards

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes