Mod Ren'Py Hard to Love [S1 v0.0.42 & S2 v0.062] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes
Nov 9, 2020
The OP has "Season 1"... this new VN update is being referred to as "Season 2" and is a completely new game. I'll clarify the mod's OP in just a bit so folks know what I have available is for the first season and I'm working on the second.

What a mess, right?

Edit: DL links are now noted:
View attachment 2627449
Just smashed down some cheddar jalapeno sausages myself trying to figure out why some devs do this weird shit

Hawka1O7

Dec 25, 2018
5.0 Season 2 is out, and I hope you keep at it Sancho even if you only keep the walkthrough/value system help :LOL:

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
Got ya. Like I said, I don't know anything about coding. I've used your mods in quite a few games and love your style. I have seen devs work with modders many times like sending them early access so they can get the mods out faster, and even a few that incorporate the modders walkthrough directly into the main release (and giving them credit). I'd think that a dev would ask before using someone else's work in there own. But I guess I'm just naive. ;)
you mean pirates? lol. sorry couldn't help myself... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
New stat system sorted from the new dev code. Instead of "Relp" and "Love" like last episodes you get "Score". "Score" is evaluated by the quantity the Player has to determine the amount of "Affection". Currently "Affection" has 6 tiers starting at zero and ending at five.
1684340255206.png
This will be tricky to make a SanchoCheat system for but I reckon I can code it... will just take a bit of supermath and me having a brilliant moment... typical day. Can't be worse than the cheats I made for BaD.

Silentdeath8

Nov 3, 2017
What ! the mod for the S2 isn't finished & posted ?! what a leazy modder pfuuu... revolt !!!!!

----------------------------------------------------

more seriously thx for your hard work. (y)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
What ! the mod for the S2 isn't finished & posted ?! what a leazy modder pfuuu... revolt !!!!!

----------------------------------------------------

more seriously thx for your hard work. (y)
Indeed... I'm such a slacker. :ROFLMAO: Heck, I still haven't had a day off in months. At some point I gotta reevaluate this "early" retirement thing... it feels just like work :p.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Mini-Progress Update:
  • ChoiceGuide is done (minus code cleanup)
  • StatScreens are almost done (just need to populate the Event vars)
  • SanchoGallery has it's foundation set (see post here) but need to populate new scenes.
  • SanchoCheats has not been initiated yet as I'm still pondering the best way to go about it due to the new dev code.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well fuck me... she just had to get cute in some previously unnoticed menu choices like this little ditty:
Python:
    def random_menu(prompt, options):
        shuffled_options = list(options)
        renpy.random.shuffle(shuffled_options)
        menu_items = [
            (label, action)
            for condition, label, action in shuffled_options
            if condition
        ]
        if prompt is not None:
            menu_items.insert(0, (prompt, None))
        return renpy.display_menu(menu_items)
Completely unnecessary and doesn't do anything that couldn't have been done with a standard menu randomization. Coding some of the Guide will be a bitch now... I didn't notice this section in my first code reading pass. :poop:

Sometimes devs make shit complicated just for the sake of complication.

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
Isn't there a way to override a function with another one made by yourself in renpy? I don't know if this would bork the saves compatibility but that is how I would approach that nonsense.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Isn't there a way to override a function with another one made by yourself in renpy? I don't know if this would bork the saves compatibility but that is how I would approach that nonsense.
I'm not going to waste my time and rewrite menu choice code... she just did it once near the beginning to be clever. It's not practical to code that way as it made that portion of the dialogue scripts about 2-3x longer than necessary. I can tell she's been playing around trying to find scripts that work or don't work for her.

That little function is followed by around a total of six variants of this similar setup and conditional code:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So, you see it's not worth me rewriting as it's totally inefficient so I doubt she'll use it much in the future.

You wouldn't believe the amount of animated scene transitions alone in this one episode. I'm choreographing the MiniStat now and it's... just silly. You'll see all this over the top stuff soon enough when I'm done.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
That is no exaggeration. I felt a bit lost when I fired it up.
Nah, I wouldn't bullshit ya... well, I might but I'm either serious or cracking jokes. I personally hate emojis but I use them to clarify in my posts when I'm pulling your leg. That's why you see me use them a bunch in my posts... but yeah, not a fan of them otherwise.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Speaking of pulling your leg... but I really ain't cause it's true:

I'm coding through some Nanami scenes and I'm pretty damn sure I'm gonna be making some custom ramen tonight. I had a little lady even bring me some of her mom's kimchi last week so there ya have it... a redneck who not only smokes and grills his own game meat but also knows a thing or two about SKor cuisine. A man of the world. :ROFLMAO:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Found one of my own bugs from the last update. Made a little post about it in the VN's thread here. I didn't really mean to post it there but I've got so many windows open on my multi-monitors I slipped up and got the wrong thread.

• Haha
Reactions: Silentdeath8
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes