3.90 star(s) 41 Votes

spblu

Aug 28, 2017
Just use on it and forget about "playing" this "game". The gfx are top tier, but the "game" itself is as lame as it gets (walls of crap-tier text, tons of grinding and repetition, cringefest all day long... why even bother if you can just browse the CG with no strings attached?).
Is there a way to idiot-proof this for someone who has no idea how to use python beyond installing it on their pc?

CopperBull

Aug 27, 2020
Is there a way to idiot-proof this for someone who has no idea how to use python beyond installing it on their pc?
Let me preface that this is what worked for me, you'll have to do your own sleuthing if you come across any additional issues I'm afraid.

and if your is game located somewhere besides c: drive, enter "cd /d" and then the game directory so the command will switch to the proper drive.

ALSO, If you're getting a "Python was not found" error message you will have to close CMD and
they reopen and try again. (I would recommend adding the paths to both user and system variables)

Hope this helps~

Last edited:
Reactions: spblu

Yakis0ba

Aug 7, 2017
Let me preface that this is what worked for me, you'll have to do your own sleuthing if you come across any additional issues I'm afraid.

and if your is game located somewhere besides c: drive, enter "cd /d" and then the game directory so the command will switch to the proper drive.

ALSO, If you're getting a "Python was not found" error message you will have to close CMD and
they reopen and try again. (I would recommend adding the paths to both user and system variables)
**When you're so bad with technology the "idiot-proof" explanation is beyond your comprehension**o_O

• Sad
Reactions: CopperBull

CopperBull

Aug 27, 2020
**When you're so bad with technology the "idiot-proof" explanation is beyond your comprehension**o_O
aww c'mon it's not so scary, just some copy-pasting into the right areas :<

Plus it'll be hella useful with future godot games :3

(It's the reassembling the PNGs that's hell tedious IMO)

Yakis0ba

Aug 7, 2017
aww c'mon it's not so scary, just some copy-pasting into the right areas :<

Plus it'll be hella useful with future godot games :3

(It's the reassembling the PNGs that's hell tedious IMO)
OH MY GOD, THE WALL I RAN INTO IS THE PROBLEM YOU GAVE A LINK TO FIX.
It was late, and it had taken me forever just to figure out how navigate cmd prompt to a specific folder.
(It took me THREE YEARS to realize there's a "back" button on my smartphone. And after several months, I just figured it out TODAY that I can use my old number on my new phone by switching SIM cards. My technological incompetence knows no bounds.)

• Haha
  • Red Heart
Reactions: RNDM and CopperBull

Yakis0ba

Aug 7, 2017
OH MY GOD, THE WALL I RAN INTO IS THE PROBLEM YOU GAVE A LINK TO FIX.
It was late, and it had taken me forever just to figure out how navigate cmd prompt to a specific folder.
(It took me THREE YEARS to realize there's a "back" button on my smartphone. And after several months, I just figured it out TODAY that I can use my old number on my new phone by switching SIM cards. My technological incompetence knows no bounds.)
Y'all laugh, but even after following those instructions to get python working, I still can't figure this out.

spblu

Aug 28, 2017

Hope this helps~
Thanks, when I say I am clueless I mean I've never typed a line of code in my life and used DOS once maybe 10 years ago. I wasn't even sure if I was supposed to try and run these commands in cmd or somewhere else.

Anyway, I got it redirected to the correct directory but now I'm getting some syntax error with "middle dot" or "(U+00B7)" and I'm trying to figure out why this is creating an error for me but apparently nobody else. Google isn't doing much for me so far. I'll keep fooling with it and see what I can come up with.

Yakis0ba

Aug 7, 2017
Thanks, when I say I am clueless I mean I've never typed a line of code in my life and used DOS once maybe 10 years ago. I wasn't even sure if I was supposed to try and run these commands in cmd or somewhere else.

Anyway, I got it redirected to the correct directory but now I'm getting some syntax error with "middle dot" or "(U+00B7)" and I'm trying to figure out why this is creating an error for me but apparently nobody else. Google isn't doing much for me so far. I'll keep fooling with it and see what I can come up with.
I'm also getting a syntax error, though not that one?

spblu

Aug 28, 2017
I'm also getting a syntax error, though not that one?
Did you try getting the RAW file from the link? If you go here you'll want to right click the "raw" link and choose "save link as" or "save target as" or whatever your browser uses.

I was trying to download it straight from the webpage, which would seem logical to anyone who doesn't use github and is new to this so of course that's not the right way to do it.

Hopefully this should fix your syntax issue.

Yakis0ba

Aug 7, 2017
Did you try getting the RAW file from the link? If you go here you'll want to right click the "raw" link and choose "save link as" or "save target as" or whatever your browser uses.

I was trying to download it straight from the webpage, which would seem logical to anyone who doesn't use github and is new to this so of course that's not the right way to do it.

Hopefully this should fix your syntax issue.
Thank you, but I still seem to be getting the same syntax error: File "<stdin>", line 1 python godot-unpacker.py (with ^ beneath each letter of "godot").

pepplez

Jun 7, 2020
Thank you, but I still seem to be getting the same syntax error: File "<stdin>", line 1 python godot-unpacker.py (with ^ beneath each letter of "godot").
The godot-unpacker.py runs fine on my system.
Want me to upload my "output" directory zipped to mega.nz?
hardcoded_v0.0.88 Patreon.jpg

Last edited:

Yakis0ba

Aug 7, 2017
The godot-unpacker.py runs fine on my system.
Want me to upload my "output" directory zipped to mega.nz?
View attachment 2102550
*sigh* I'd love an upload, but mega.nz doesn't work for me for reasons I don't understand. (I think my wifi server is blocking it--it's a college's wifi, I'm in school.) Mixdrop and GoFile work for me, though.

jems666

Jun 22, 2022
they really need to make more of those contests you join in the street that says the next ones coming soon for like half a year now, and also make the previous ones repeatable in the computer

3.90 star(s) 41 Votes