4.00 star(s) 18 Votes

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022
Hey jhonatanw,

Thanks for your review by the way!

It's a bit early to plan for a potential Season 2 at this stage. However, if there's significant demand, there's a strong possibility for it. So, in theory, the planned 10 chapters in total (The Prologue + 9 Episodes) will complete Season 1. The reason I've shared a scheduled release timeline is simply because I felt it was lacking in other AVNs. Even if there are some delays, the updated planned release schedule will still be available. Each Episode will require at least 2-4 months for development and will offer at least an additional 90 minutes of gameplay.

In approximately two years, when Hardenville Season 1 is completed, I hope to have a larger team. While Season 2 is definitely a possibility if there's high demand, I also have aspirations to acquire some popular abandoned AVNs around that time, remaster them, and introduce new content. Besides my original Hardenville game, I have an idea for a unique game that I believe would gain popularity, although it's too early to initiate discussions about it. Our primary focus and commitment will remain with Hardenville, and any expansion of the team would initially be for Hardenville. So, rest assured, there's no intention to divert focus or embark on something entirely different while still in the development phase of Hardenville.
The game has an interesting beginning, the idea of the game already having an estimated date for each episode was good (y), so people don't have to wonder when it's going to come out or keep asking for updates because it's taking so long :unsure: .

Thanks for my reply

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

In approximately two years, when Hardenville Season 1 is completed, I hope to have a larger team. While Season 2 is definitely a possibility if there's high demand, I also have aspirations to acquire some popular abandoned AVNs around that time, remaster them, and introduce new content. Besides my original Hardenville game, I have an idea for a unique game that I believe would gain popularity, although it's too early to initiate discussions about it. Our primary focus and commitment will remain with Hardenville, and any expansion of the team would initially be for Hardenville. So, rest assured, there's no intention to divert focus or embark on something entirely different while still in the development phase of Hardenville.
There really were great vns that I followed for years that were simply lost in time, abandoned or because the developer did it out of interest, others due to lack of income :cry:

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Oh no! Due to the overall public poll votes on Patreon, Discord and SubscriberStar favoring redheads, we're 'forced' to introduce you to Hallie a little earlier than expected. Hallie is a 21-year-old British woman who recently relocated from the UK to Hardenville. You will officially meet her in Episode 1. As she doesn't know many people yet, please remember to take good care of her! She is a bit shy.

Last edited:

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
# Dev Log #3 | Episode 1

### Progress Update and More!

Progress on Episode 1 continues smoothly, and I'm thrilled to bring the next chapter to you. However, as mentioned earlier, the initial 'late December / early January' timeline will need to officially extend into January 2024. Why? Because I want to ensure the best experience for you, and sometimes taking extra time ensures its delivery. Sharing a slight delay is never easy, but it's for the best. I hope you can understand and respect my decision. I'm putting in a lot of effort to deliver unique scenes and environments not seen in other AVNs, such as small things like a ground-up creation of a grocery store called Caremart.

### Early Release of Episode 1
I plan to release a beta version of Episode 1 on Patreon and SubscriberStar 3-7 days earlier than its release on Steam and itch.io. This isn't about trying to generate more revenue but rather to address errors, grammatical issues, and more before the final release on Steam and itch.io, platforms where people can leave reviews.

### Developer Update
For those unaware, Hardenville is currently developed solely by me. Sometimes I refer to 'we,' pertaining to JoyFI Games, and at other times, 'I' or 'me,' referring to myself as the sole developer. It's important to note that I'm passionately working on this project and am truly enjoying every hour spent crafting an extended experience in Hardenville for all of you.

### New Equipment
As mentioned earlier, I applied for a loan from my bank to purchase a powerful new PC rig valued at approximately $10,000. However, due to their excessive collateral requirements, I've decided not to proceed with the loan. Instead, I'll invest in 50% of the equipment using the initial Steam revenue in early January. This will still grant us a highly functional second PC for rendering. The remaining 50% of the planned PC equipment will be purchased once the second Steam revenue arrives in early February.

### Episode 2 and Beyond
With the holiday season approaching, many enjoy vacations and reduced work hours. However, for me, it means dedicating more time to work on the project. Starting January, I'll be able to officially work full-time on Hardenville, all thanks to your support. I deeply appreciate every purchase, wishlist addition, like, review, and more. Thank you, everyone!

After the release of Episode 1, I plan to take a break of one to two weeks to relax, play games, unwind with friends, and savor life's moments. Then, I'll commence production on Episode 2, which I'm sure many of you are eagerly anticipating. Why? Because Johanna will return home early from her honeymoon due to unforeseen circumstances..
View attachment 3186049 View attachment 3186051
A loan for a $10k PC? That was ambitious. Will there be enough content in episode 1 to have good sales on Steam? Wish you well. Renders are great, but I'm mixed on the story. Will see

JoyFI Games

Hardenville
Game Developer
May 9, 2022
A loan for a $10k PC? That was ambitious. Will there be enough content in episode 1 to have good sales on Steam? Wish you well. Renders are great, but I'm mixed on the story. Will see
Hey,

Episode 1 will feature at least 90 minutes of fresh linear story content. As of today, we've sold a little over 2,000 copies on Steam. However, it's not simply multiplying 2,000 by $9, as the game's price varies slightly across countries due to currency differences. On top of that, there are factors like VAT, the Steam cut, and other taxes to consider. Nevertheless, I'm incredibly grateful for the early support we've received. It truly motivates me to dedicate more than a thousand hours to this project over the next two years. I firmly believe that Hardenville's Steam sales will continue to rise with each new Episode.

I want to be honest; while I acknowledge that Hardenville isn't perfect right now, I'm committed to elevating it to a 10/10 in the future. I understand that opinions on the current story may be mixed, but I'm optimistic that Episode 1 will offer something you'll enjoy. Additionally, I plan to revisit the Prologue at some point to enhance its impact and make it even better.

JoyFI Games

Hardenville
Game Developer
May 9, 2022
Merry Christmas!
We hope that for all of you celebrating Christmas, whether with loved ones, friends, or alone, you'll have a fantastic holiday season.

A hint for Episode 1
"It's sad that MC's bed isn't a bit larger..." You'll find out what that's all about in the upcoming Episode 1 of Hardenville.

Take Care
Onto something completely different and much more important than some Christmas marketing for an AVN.

Since it's Christmas, many out there feel alone, depressed, and unsure about the future. Remember that there will always be great times ahead, even when it feels like rock bottom. You're strong, and you will make it through this. Please contact professionals if you ever doubt yourself.

It's crucial that we think about and care for those around us during these times. Greet your old neighbor and wish them a Merry Christmas, send a text to your friend or colleague. You never know what they're struggling with. A simple reminder that people care can truly save lives.

Thank you, and Merry Christmas!

Christmas Special.png

Last edited:

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
JoyFI Games Do you have plans to add a harem to the game or will you have to choose who you want :unsure: ?
And I'd like to add to the question: if the harem is not planned, can you still be with all the girls without any negative consequences (aka the man whore route)?

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022
And I'd like to add to the question: if the harem is not planned, can you still be with all the girls without any negative consequences (aka the man whore route)?
As a harem, trisal, quartet player, so far so good, but I stay away from games where the developer puts 10 to 15 Lis or even more just to force you to choose :FacePalm:, like certain developers out there that I won't go to name the game starts harem with about 3 to 4 chapters left to finish forcing you to choose a Li so you can finish then that was very naughty :mad:

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022
Routes in game I rarely do because depending on the game if it's too big I just follow my rule and take the ones that come in front of me if it doesn't matter what happens :LOL::LOL:

Only the ones that really caught my attention, I made an effort to do it ;)

JoyFI Games

Hardenville
Game Developer
May 9, 2022
JoyFI Games Do you have plans to add a harem to the game or will you have to choose who you want :unsure: ?
I have just read through all the tags (Tags Rules And List | F95zone) and have written down the current and planned tags for Hardenville.

Current Tags:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Planned Tags For Episode 1:
Future Planned Tags:

Last edited:

AlexMpog

Oct 17, 2022
I have just read through all the tags (Tags Rules And List | F95zone) and have written down the current and planned tags for Hardenville.

Current Tags:
Future Planned Tags:
Heya.

First of all - Happy New Year, I hope you and your game will do fine during the year.

Secondly - thank you for writing out tags.
Though, it would be great if you also noted which tags are optional, I know you might don't know about some of them yet, but there also some you do. Like, for example "Harem", I remember it's optional, and there are a lot of players who is into monogamous/solo (or maybe throuples) routes/endings like me and they will be asking, the more content you will release the more often new players will be asking, so noting it right away in description might save you a lot of time in future.
P.S. And "Multiple Endings" tag doesn't cover it cause there a lot of harem-only games with such tag as well.
The same about others fetishes.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: JoyFI Games

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Current Tags:
Future Planned Tags:
Harem, Milf, Pregnancy as future tags plus current Incest is already my day ;)

Thanks for responding and happy new year

• Red Heart

JoyFI Games

Hardenville
Game Developer
May 9, 2022
Heya.

First of all - Happy New Year, I hope you and your game will do fine during the year.

Secondly - thank you for writing out tags.
Though, it would be great if you also noted which tags are optional, I know you might don't know about some of them yet, but there also some you do. Like, for example "Harem", I remember it's optional, and there are a lot of players who is into monogamous/solo (or maybe throuples) routes/endings like me and they will be asking, the more content you will release the more often new players will be asking, so noting it right away in description might save you a lot of time in future.
P.S. And "Multiple Endings" tag doesn't cover it cause there a lot of harem-only games with such tag as well.
The same about others fetishes.
Thank you very much. Happy New Year to you as well.

I agree with you that I should have added "optional" for those who will be, and I've just updated it to include "optional" for the ones that I strongly believe will be optional tags.

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
Dev Log #4 | Episode 1

Purchase of New Equipment
I'm excited to share an update regarding my previous post about acquiring a second computer for rendering and animations, equipped with an RTX 4090, 14th-gen i9, and all that powerful hardware. I've just received my first payment from Steam (sales from November), and along with the payments from Patreon, SubscriberStar, and Itch.io, I'm thrilled to announce that I placed an order for a complete set of parts today. Some items were out of stock and will arrive a few days later than the others. Nevertheless, we're expanding to enable multitasking with two computers side-by-side, featuring an RTX 3090 and RTX 4090. This wouldn't have been possible without your support!

Oh, and as a token of appreciation for all your support, Johanna offered to take care of the laundry today!
View attachment 3212174
View attachment 3212179
View attachment 3212182
Oh no! She appears to be stuck!!

Reactions: Penkovsky

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
Thank you very much. Happy New Year to you as well.

I agree with you that I should have added "optional" for those who will be, and I've just updated it to include "optional" for the ones that I strongly believe will be optional tags.
I think I'm gonna play this game "full-optional" mode hehe. Looking forward to episode 1 :p

• Red Heart
4.00 star(s) 18 Votes