3.90 star(s) 11 Votes

Semantics

Apr 28, 2017
I know it is kinda silly to ask now, since game is kinda "dead"; but I am kinda confused with something. I am replaying the game after long time and decided to go the dark path. Now I just finished the attack on the Betans and when I speak to Daniele (hope i write the names correctly), she says that she punished Isabelle with cleaning or picking something around the moot. But when I go outside the castle, there is no sign of her anywhere? Is it bug....or am I missing something?
It's been a long while since I've played that part, but from what I remember Isabelle definitely does appear on the outside of the moat at some point. Potentially a bug, though I also know at some point she was in some other place (The dungeon for a bit I think?) I also think later on in the story she gets sent elsewhere, so it's also possible that somehow triggered ahead of schedule, but I'd imagine that would have been reported and fixed pretty quickly if so.

So yeah, try checking all around the place, especially the dungeon, but if she's not anywhere then potentially a bug that was never addressed.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Semantics Surprise surprise motherfucker. You're talking about me (and a few others). I've posted here before and I wrote for the game between 2016 and 2018. Most notably the Fiona storyline and large segments of the Chapter 5 trial sub quests and the post-trial material. Also a smaller but still decent chunk of Chapter 6. I left because I couldn't split focus between it and larger projects.

So, could the remaining writers and coders who worked with Ker continue the project in his absence? Probably not.

Most if not all of the writing collaborators on the project worked on smaller segments of side content, and not on the main material. In fact, Ker did not give his former staff any kind of roadmap that would let people follow his vision. Any writers picking it up now would be mostly doing the equivalent of official fanfiction.

None of us besides those tech side worked in engine so much. The games' repository still exists (presumably) but is untouched for a long time. I actually think this is the part that members of his team could replicate if they tried.

Furthermore, none of us did any work in 3dCG. Now, someone with decent computer knowledge could pick up the program or even find some of the materials he did. But, it's an old system and not so easy to just go into the way newer modeling programs are. Also, Ker was just a very experienced modeler. Made thousands of pictures over a decade of work. You can have the same tech knowledge, the same files at your disposal, and still make much worse pictures from lack of image composition in the medium sense.

Also, I've spoken to members of the team who still are active, and most agree that it wouldn't feel right. Some games with a team of people are a true team game. But, Harem IS Ker's game. It doesn't exist without him. There is just no desire to attempt to forge on without him.

All anyone can do is hope the man is okay and doing well wherever he is.
this was a wonderful game i've played for years ... its was a sad day .. when i heard of it ending :cry:

DrDoom57

Jun 9, 2020
Semantics Surprise surprise motherfucker. You're talking about me (and a few others). I've posted here before and I wrote for the game between 2016 and 2018. Most notably the Fiona storyline and large segments of the Chapter 5 trial sub quests and the post-trial material. Also a smaller but still decent chunk of Chapter 6. I left because I couldn't split focus between it and larger projects.

So, could the remaining writers and coders who worked with Ker continue the project in his absence? Probably not.

Most if not all of the writing collaborators on the project worked on smaller segments of side content, and not on the main material. In fact, Ker did not give his former staff any kind of roadmap that would let people follow his vision. Any writers picking it up now would be mostly doing the equivalent of official fanfiction.

None of us besides those tech side worked in engine so much. The games' repository still exists (presumably) but is untouched for a long time. I actually think this is the part that members of his team could replicate if they tried.

Furthermore, none of us did any work in 3dCG. Now, someone with decent computer knowledge could pick up the program or even find some of the materials he did. But, it's an old system and not so easy to just go into the way newer modeling programs are. Also, Ker was just a very experienced modeler. Made thousands of pictures over a decade of work. You can have the same tech knowledge, the same files at your disposal, and still make much worse pictures from lack of image composition in the medium sense.

Also, I've spoken to members of the team who still are active, and most agree that it wouldn't feel right. Some games with a team of people are a true team game. But, Harem IS Ker's game. It doesn't exist without him. There is just no desire to attempt to forge on without him.

All anyone can do is hope the man is okay and doing well wherever he is.
Is the Game really gonna be over or is there any talk of Ker recovering? Its so sad that such a good story and sex developer is down with health problems. I really hope it hasnt been fatal and then there's stupid COVID now a days so hopefully that didnt get to Ker either and the man can take a breather and get recovered. I wanted to keep up some minor paying for Ker on his patreon but there is nothing new and I cant really keep pahying a subscription for a game anymore but if he comes back and picks it back up I hope we can get informed so I can donate a few bucks a month again.

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
I'm confused why this doesn't have a sharing tag. The game forces you into telling your slave to go fuck someone. Would be nice to have a heads up.

Semantics

Apr 28, 2017
I'm confused why this doesn't have a sharing tag. The game forces you into telling your slave to go fuck someone. Would be nice to have a heads up.
Because sadly there's not a tag for sharing (Unavoidable or otherwise) on F95's tag list. There are some tags that should be up there, and a Prostitution one would come close...but unlike the early sharing scene the prostitution is actually avoidable.

The best you can hope for with something like sharing or various tags being avoidable or unavoidable, sadly, is them being put in the genre section. The tags and genre section on this thread weren't maintained to that degree, though. Considering the game doesn't seem likely to come back, it's probably not likely anyone will put in the work to point out the tags it's missing, let alone add extra details in the genre section (Which doesn't always happen even on a thread with all the right tags.)

Semantics

Apr 28, 2017
Anyone know of any games with the same 3d art style? I know of harem collector but that about it
There used to be some more, but the program's popularity didn't overlap with Patreon. I think every other project that used it was abandoned so long ago they probably aren't even on F95.

gtz-god

Jan 4, 2019
i still check for even sign of life i dont know what happen but this not normal one min a new the next nothing even patreon people leaving until him come back only thing i see is a few likes from twitter but i never get twitter so maybe that people liking him

• Sad
Reactions: FFTW

Datawungui

Aug 18, 2016
i still check for even sign of life i dont know what happen but this not normal one min a new the next nothing even patreon people leaving until him come back only thing i see is a few likes from twitter but i never get twitter so maybe that people liking him
He disappeared for over a year from February of 2014 to November of 2015, with no warning on his site. I'm really hoping this is what's happening right now. The alternatives would suck.

pacefrei

Oct 27, 2017
Does someone have the Legate version?
Think I might have one from before they started explicitly removing legion content from the "public version" if you want it. No idea how outdated it would be since I could never tolerate the game long enough to get past the part where he gets tossed in jail, especially with all the added mindless grind as compared to the original version before the "remake". I had a harddrive failure recently so it might have been lost though.

It's good he's alive. What's his twitter? We might find out if he's willing to continue development from it.
I have little doubt that he'll reappear out of nowhere and announce yet another refactor once the patreon dollars dry up.

• Angry
Reactions: JohnEffinDoe

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
i think that one already was released as 8.7
Nah, only normal version ever got released here.

Waited for ages to get hold of the legate version, even considered backing but by then i'd lost faith in it ever getting finished and didn't feel like paying 25 bucks for an abandoned project.

Also gave up on ever seeing a legate version but it's okay.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ImperialD

FFTW

Jun 7, 2017
This should have all of the scenes aside from 1. Great game, and thankfully Ker seems to be alive! He likes things on Twitter occasionally.
Him being alive would be fabulous, but honestly at this point I highly doubt it, especially considering that his own team members haven't heard of him in years.

Also, your replay file isn't for the legate version right?

3.90 star(s) 11 Votes