Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

Ashira13

Jan 31, 2024
It may be a while since Maim was "Last seen Mar 14, 2024". This game has been modded by around 5-6 people over the years just may have to find a new one.
to bad runey can't implement a walkthrough option himself included in the game. its hard to play for someone with very bad short term memory :cry:

• Hey there
Reactions: drunkenPervert

Ashira13

Jan 31, 2024
one thing i would hope could be added in the future, is a walkthrough function for the "town" too. missed that in earlier releases :)

Aug 18, 2019
obviously, the current mod will not "update" things in the v18, but do older versions of the mod still work for newer versions of the game, in example "works but has no effect once you catch up" etc etc

Gear02

Sep 12, 2017
obviously, the current mod will not "update" things in the v18, but do older versions of the mod still work for newer versions of the game, in example "works but has no effect once you catch up" etc etc
I don't think so because the mod overwrites some files which have been updated in v18.

Xeonon5

Aug 13, 2023
I used it on the 18 beta... So possible. But it introduced some bugs so unless you REALLY know what you're doing... Good luck. There's always the Universal Renpy Mod... But it won't help you figure out choices. Just what variable names the choices lead to.

Xeonon5

Aug 13, 2023
For sure possible. But without the script changes that lain did you only get a box. I wouldn't recommend attempting to get the mod working on .18. Wait for someone to come out with their own mod ;)

Or better yet, learn to code yourself and just do it.

1725155097735.png

Damn1t

Mar 5, 2022
Yea...I don't see this being updated anytime soon unless another modder decides to take over. This is one of those games where you kind of need to have the mod or you can easily miss some stuff.
Yeah needing to know things like extra dialogue due to certain levels and other stats make it a must for me.

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
... I presume I get this error because I am on v.19?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/Garden/GardenFoodDrive.rpy", line 7, in <module>
NameError: name 'mary' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 560, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "scripts/Garden/GardenFoodDrive.rpyc", line 1, in script
File "scripts/Garden/GardenFoodDrive.rpyc", line 1, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/scripts/Garden/GardenFoodDrive.rpy", line 7, in <module>
NameError: name 'mary' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Harem Hotel v0.19.0
Sun Sep 1 06:18:28 2024

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
Version 0.19.0 cannot possibly be real, because the next update will be 0.18.1 with a rather lot of additions coming.

Lain has a habit of going missing, last time she was gone for more than a year. It seems something very similar has happened again. A mod is needed for this game, but it will probably be some time, you might want to wait on playing this game, until someone releases a mod at some point in time, otherwise your going to end up missing a lot of stuff. Lain's mod for this game, was actually very good, and you really couldn't get lost in the game, plus the inbuilt money mod, so you could remove the grind. Although technically you really shouldn't even need a money mod, since it's extremely easy to make money in the game since the latest updates. still i'd prefer the money mod so I don't have to worry about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Twistty
5.00 star(s) 16 Votes