Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

Shipfan66

Mar 24, 2019
Sheesh, so many ppl either jsut don't read or have no sense of the longer view... This game is no small project, and there's a LOT of work that goes into Lain modding it. The last time she had to go on hiatus for a long period of time, Lord Ashram took over this mod and some of her others to keep them up to date. Sadly, LA is no longer with us, may he rest in peace. Unfortunately, not jsut "any" modder can handle this mod, or produce a mod for this game that would be even remotely acceptable to long-term players of the game. My own first choice, since Lain is on hiatus again and LordAshram is no longer an option, would be Scrappy or JokerLeader. Both have done numerous mods for major VN's, and done them quite well. So hopefully one of them will keep the faith for us if Lain doesn't make it back for this release.
Also, there's no need to even dream of Runey making a walkthrough himself. Not gonna happen. He did finally add a questlog of sorts on the daychange screen, with the heads of the girls with open quests appearing at the bottom of the screen, but if he hasn't added a wt after all these years, he ain't gonna.
So yeah, here's hoping somebody can keep this updated til Lain makes it back again. My saves at least won't be worth playing otherwise :-/

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
Lain was saying some really troubling stuff in her Discord before she disappeared - I just hope the hiatus isn't permanent this time if you take my meaning. :(

Firebian

Nov 2, 2020
Full traceback:
File "scripts/Garden/GardenFoodDrive.rpyc", line 1, in script
File "/home/pedro/Downloads/A/BB/Harem_Hotel-v0.18.0-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "/home/pedro/Downloads/A/BB/Harem_Hotel-v0.18.0-pc/renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/scripts/Garden/GardenFoodDrive.rpy", line 7, in <module>
NameError: name 'mary' is not defined

While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "/home/pedro/Downloads/A/BB/Harem_Hotel-v0.18.0-pc/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/home/pedro/Downloads/A/BB/Harem_Hotel-v0.18.0-pc/renpy/main.py", line 560, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "/home/pedro/Downloads/A/BB/Harem_Hotel-v0.18.0-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "/home/pedro/Downloads/A/BB/Harem_Hotel-v0.18.0-pc/renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

Reactions: Prince Noctis

Shipfan66

Mar 24, 2019
They never do... Each mod is unique to the version number it was written for, because Lain gets into the source code to add all the extra content she includes in this mod. It isn't jsut a walkthrough, she adds a surprising amountof content that isn't in the base game. Sometimes you *can* load and play a game modded with the last version's mod, but it rarely works well and doesn't work at all past the end of the previous update. So if you're up to date on the game when you download the new mod, you've wasted your time unless you have the mod for the current version. This is true for all Lain's mods, and from long experience I've learned that it's generally true for any mod that adds any content (as opposed to simple mods that, for instance, enable incest content in "landlady" games...)

Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

Shipfan66

Mar 24, 2019
You can use URM
here link
OR, you can use your brain and wait for someone to make a mod that will actually provide a walkthrough and tell you what you actually need to do at what times, instead of jsut pointing out choices. URM ain't gonna help you on this one, IF it even works and doesn't break your game. You'd be better off jsut playing vanilla.

Lysergic

Aug 18, 2018
Does anyone know of a way to make the non-modded game work with modded saves? Koga's mods do the same thing and for at least one of the VNs he made a mod for he put out a work around patch so that it would play without the mod, just curious if anyone might know if that'd be possible here?

As much as I liked this game, after how much time I've already sunk into it to get to where I am I REALLY don't want to do that all over again just because Lain doesn't come around here anymore.

dubisek

Nov 25, 2017
Does anyone know of a way to make the non-modded game work with modded saves? Koga's mods do the same thing and for at least one of the VNs he made a mod for he put out a work around patch so that it would play without the mod, just curious if anyone might know if that'd be possible here?

As much as I liked this game, after how much time I've already sunk into it to get to where I am I REALLY don't want to do that all over again just because Lain doesn't come around here anymore.

I don't follow, I loaded my save that comes from previous version where I used this mod and the game works just fine.

Lysergic

Aug 18, 2018
I don't follow, I loaded my save that comes from previous version where I used this mod and the game works just fine.
I haven't bothered trying yet since up to now in my experience with this kind of situation a modded save usually won't load, someitmes it will but then it'll just hit an exception at some point while you're playing and you won't be able to progress.

Not every mod causes saves to do that but it depends entirely on how the mod was coded, but with Lain's mods I've used she was batting a thousand for mods that break saves.

I'll try to give it a shot later when I have a chance I guess.

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes