Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

Shipfan66

Mar 24, 2019
Does anyone know of a way to make the non-modded game work with modded saves? Koga's mods do the same thing and for at least one of the VNs he made a mod for he put out a work around patch so that it would play without the mod, just curious if anyone might know if that'd be possible here?

As much as I liked this game, after how much time I've already sunk into it to get to where I am I REALLY don't want to do that all over again just because Lain doesn't come around here anymore.
It's kind of a "take-your-chances" sort of situation. Sometimes a vanilla game can load a modded save, sometimes it can't. With Lain's mods, because she does have to get into the source code, very often it does not. I've had it happen both ways with this game, but frankly I can't get much done without a mod so I usually jsut wait til Lain or someone else updates the mod. as much as I love this game, it's far from the only one on my hard drives, ya know? ;)

Reactions: TheHighlander

goochklok

Feb 6, 2019
There really needs to be an edit to the original post specifying that this mod is likely not going to be updated again. Not sure if a moderator can do that or not. There's entirely too many people not reading the replies here. Lain is likely not going to be returning and unless someone decides to pick up the mod from there, it's pretty much dead in the water. It doesn't help that Lain's mod of this game is insanely robust compared to other mods. I doubt anyone want's to pick it up after that.

tmu500

Apr 14, 2024
Maybe we should ask around if any Modder willing to make a mod (walkthrough/cheat) for this game. Either the same format or any format they prefer.

Digteren

Nov 1, 2020
Does this version work with 1.8 does anyone know?
Up until the end of 17.2's content obviously, but you know what I mean.

Ashira13

Jan 31, 2024
Does this version work with 1.8 does anyone know?
Up until the end of 17.2's content obviously, but you know what I mean.
no it doesn't. if you use the mod on v18, the content will stop once the end of v17.2 content has been reached. the reason for this is that the mod extensively alter the base game files.

Reactions: tmu500 and Digteren

tmu500

Apr 14, 2024
While I do like the game and its characters, a proper walkthrough/cheat mod would make the game more enjoyable.

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes