Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

TamreeFugar

May 14, 2021
Yep, i read that and is gonna take a while, reading a mod structure and adapt your work to it, also I haven't named him because who knows, maybe someone else will pick it up and release it faster or Lain returns. A lot can happen.
That is very true but still I would LOOVEE to see Lain return I miss her funny ass banter in this fourm.:love:

Reactions: KaosKally

KaosKally

Dec 21, 2019
That is very true but still I would LOOVEE to see Lain return I miss her funny ass banter in this fourm.:love:
From what I understand, she is having health problems? If that's the case, I hope it's nothing serious and she will recover fast. I am familiar with her work, but i haven't had the pleasure to "talk" with her. Despite me being here for years now, i don't really comment that much lol.

Reactions: TamreeFugar

BakaHu

May 8, 2022
from what I know, Lain has some pretty severe health problems and we're lucky when she gets the chance to update her mods. that being said, we can only wait to see if someone updates the mod on her behalf
Stress is her issue but all in all she was doing fine
Then she had some fallout with a secret game she was making
Now she's off the radar
even the other dev she was working with hasn't heard from her

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Stress is her issue but all in all she was doing fine
Then she had some fallout with a secret game she was making
Now she's off the radar
even the other dev she was working with hasn't heard from her
Yep, "Creature Get!" co-developed by Lain and Nitely(who did 2 other games, but one failed at the first release due to new patreon rules about "underage looking/being characters", and the other game failed in the making, last news about Nitely is dated 1rst november 2023)

kemptnoodle

Formerly 'jtm105'
Sep 4, 2024
For someone who has never played harem hotel but is familiar with sandbox style games, is it worth waiting for the mod to be updated or ill be fine just starting v.018 without it?

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
For someone who has never played harem hotel but is familiar with sandbox style games, is it worth waiting for the mod to be updated or ill be fine just starting v.018 without it?
the features of the mod aren't necessary, and the game itself isn't that complex, you don't really need a walkthrough if you ask me.

Reactions: kemptnoodle

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
... the game itself makes it fairly obvious what to do next ...

BakaHu

May 8, 2022
Yep, "Creature Get!" co-developed by Lain and Nitely(who did 2 other games, but one failed at the first release due to new patreon rules about "underage looking/being characters", and the other game failed in the making, last news about Nitely is dated 1rst november 2023)
The collab I'm referring to is Lain and the AI CG artist ShiroV8
The game hinted at is on her SS

It wouldn't be allowed here
She uploaded it to another site
Someone on that site reported the game to the host as csam
AI CG Loli content that looks too realistic
the host forced the site to remove the game

This event was a shock to Lain
less than 2 weeks later she went ghost
ShiroV8 being the last to hear from her

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
while the mod isn't necessary, it does tell you extra things like Raise person A to level 10 for extra dialogue during person B's event

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes