Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

Ignopox

Jul 24, 2018
Yep, Lain MIA after making very disturbing comments related to suicidal ideation on her discord, Sancho MIA after a hurricane hit his home state and took out the power grid (with things back to normal now as I understand it, so he should be back by now if whatever happened to him wasn't permanent), F4...whatever (the AI-assisted 60fps video mod guy) just plain MIA (i.e. no known possible reason), and of course LordAshram's cancer... it's like there's a curse or something. :(
Have we ruled out the possibility of a magical cult of devs that are the cause of these modders misfortune? :p

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
i dont think its going to happen. they have been missing since march, so 6 months now. modders are dropping left and right
Last time she went missing she was gone for more than a year, and then she came back, so I wouldn't worry about her being gone for 6 months. I am not saying she will come back at some point, but she did the last time she went MIA for an extended period.

hlfwaycrks

Aug 7, 2024
while the mod isn't necessary, it does tell you extra things like Raise person A to level 10 for extra dialogue during person B's event
This is the kind of thing is why I wish the update for the mod was out. I'd like to have knowledge like that when I eventually do play the game to avoid having to have to replay it to see all the sections I want to see. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: xkevlarex

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
This is the kind of thing is why I wish the update for the mod was out. I'd like to have knowledge like that when I eventually do play the game to avoid having to have to replay it to see all the sections I want to see. Thanks for sharing.
no problem

HappyWill16

Apr 28, 2022
no problem
I second that. I hope that Lain gets better but in the meantime I hope that someone takes up the mantel of updating the mod. I like this game but I've already restarted the game 3 times because of update that changes the begining of the game and because of my saves being lost due to hardware issues. Also, the extra scenes modded in are a major plus.

Reactions: Twistty

selestiel

Oct 17, 2021
For most games if you have WT mod, and for some IC patch, then cheats are not needed. They needed only in games where grinding is fundamental, to play through game like this for example: player must grind 500 points of affection from zero to get relationship advancement or to get next event, and each time you grind you get only 1-2 points max.... without cheats in those games every event would take days if not weeks... So WT mods are the best possible solution. And I'm greatly thankful for creation of WT mods for games.

hlfwaycrks

Aug 7, 2024
For most games if you have WT mod, and for some IC patch, then cheats are not needed. They needed only in games where grinding is fundamental, to play through game like this for example: player must grind 500 points of affection from zero to get relationship advancement or to get next event, and each time you grind you get only 1-2 points max.... without cheats in those games every event would take days if not weeks... So WT mods are the best possible solution. And I'm greatly thankful for creation of WT mods for games.
Same. I'm just keeping HH on the backburner until something (eventually) turns up :)

hlfwaycrks

Aug 7, 2024
I think someone mentioned a few pages back about possibly updating the mod in Lain's place but would like to get her permission first before doing it
That would be really great. This and a few others have been on my list of "hopeful" updates. We just got a patch-of-a-patch to make the Desert Stalker mod compatible with the current version, and I was really happy to see that happen. I personally think, with Lain's absence, although I sincerely wish her the best and hope she returns, that if someone can take up the mantle, they should, because waiting for permission from someone we have no assurance of even hearing from again is a losing game. That's just my opinion. Plus, if Lain comes back, the person working on the upgraded version could either hand over the reins or collaborate. I don't think it would be reasonable for her to come back after a long absence and get upset that someone filled in while she was gone, but again, that's just my view on things. I'll keep my fingers crossed; thanks for letting me know!

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
That would be really great. This and a few others have been on my list of "hopeful" updates. We just got a patch-of-a-patch to make the Desert Stalker mod compatible with the current version, and I was really happy to see that happen. I personally think, with Lain's absence, although I sincerely wish her the best and hope she returns, that if someone can take up the mantle, they should, because waiting for permission from someone we have no assurance of even hearing from again is a losing game. That's just my opinion. Plus, if Lain comes back, the person working on the upgraded version could either hand over the reins or collaborate. I don't think it would be reasonable for her to come back after a long absence and get upset that someone filled in while she was gone, but again, that's just my view on things. I'll keep my fingers crossed; thanks for letting me know!
I think it's more about being considerate of her work and asking first to maintain a good relationship

• Red Heart
Reactions: hlfwaycrks

hlfwaycrks

Aug 7, 2024
I think it's more about being considerate of her work and asking first to maintain a good relationship
100% understand that. My only concern that I was trying to express is that if you're waiting for consent, it may never come, so the community could potentially suffer for it. I would think that it could be done and presented in a way that, if the person patching it makes it clear, Lain is welcomed and encouraged to return with open arms. I have a lot of respect for modders like her, and I won't make any assumptions or judgments, all I'll say is it sounds like she's been through a lot, so I would try to come at it from this direction to ensure she knows it's not being "taken away" from her or done out of disrespect, that's all :)

Reactions: Twistty and tmu500

hanumania

Jul 12, 2023
Minor bug:
Minor grammatical error: It is still "came" and not "cummed", unless the character speaking is from a trailer park or the "deep woods" or is in some way trying to convey a certain Deliverance type of affectation.
came.png

Rayourenemy

May 31, 2020

Updated: 2023-06-26
Game/Creator: Harem Hotel /
Modder: Maid Lain - /
Game Version: 0.17.2

Features:
Harem Hotel Expanded is a mod that adds: an in-game walkthrough for all characters, an optional cheat menu, 11 new scenes and 2 new locations, and restores removed content to the game.

View attachment 2670832

View attachment 2670847 View attachment 2670848 View attachment 2670849

This mod adds an in-game walkthrough for every character and event in the game. The walkthrough menu contains dynamic guides that let you track your progress for each character and see the requirements needed to trigger their scenes and advance their story.

View attachment 2670833

View attachment 2670840 View attachment 2670841 View attachment 2670842 View attachment 2670843 View attachment 2670844 View attachment 2670845 View attachment 2670846

The mod also adds new content to the game and restores removed content to the game. Some things I've done are:
  • Adding 11 new fan-made scenes
  • Adding 2 new explorable locations
  • Restoring Kali's cafe exhibition scenes to the game
  • Restoring Jin's locked scenes to the game
  • Restoring Kate's history riddles to the game

View attachment 2670835

View attachment 2670837 View attachment 2670838

A cheat menu has also been added which has cheats that allow you to set your money to $99999, maximize your stats with all girls, unlock all outfits & toys, and more. I've also added an in-game Encyclopedia that gets updated as you play, and can be used to keep track of certain characters or keep informed on parts of the story. Lastly, I've also made the UI cleaner and more readable by using an improved textbox and font.

Installation (Read!):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DOWNLOAD:
-
update when

• Angry
Reactions: Havik79

CigsNBooze

Jun 8, 2019

Updated: 2023-06-26
Game/Creator: Harem Hotel /
Modder: Maid Lain - /
Game Version: 0.17.2

Features:
Harem Hotel Expanded is a mod that adds: an in-game walkthrough for all characters, an optional cheat menu, 11 new scenes and 2 new locations, and restores removed content to the game.

View attachment 2670832

View attachment 2670847 View attachment 2670848 View attachment 2670849

This mod adds an in-game walkthrough for every character and event in the game. The walkthrough menu contains dynamic guides that let you track your progress for each character and see the requirements needed to trigger their scenes and advance their story.

View attachment 2670833

View attachment 2670840 View attachment 2670841 View attachment 2670842 View attachment 2670843 View attachment 2670844 View attachment 2670845 View attachment 2670846

The mod also adds new content to the game and restores removed content to the game. Some things I've done are:
  • Adding 11 new fan-made scenes
  • Adding 2 new explorable locations
  • Restoring Kali's cafe exhibition scenes to the game
  • Restoring Jin's locked scenes to the game
  • Restoring Kate's history riddles to the game

View attachment 2670835

View attachment 2670837 View attachment 2670838

A cheat menu has also been added which has cheats that allow you to set your money to $99999, maximize your stats with all girls, unlock all outfits & toys, and more. I've also added an in-game Encyclopedia that gets updated as you play, and can be used to keep track of certain characters or keep informed on parts of the story. Lastly, I've also made the UI cleaner and more readable by using an improved textbox and font.

Installation (Read!):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DOWNLOAD:
-
update pls?

Reactions: tmu500
5.00 star(s) 16 Votes