Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

HappyWill16

Apr 28, 2022
Lain's Walkthrough Mod for Harem Hotel v0.18.0

Updated: 2024-10-03
Updated by: JGNeon
Game Version: v0.18.0
Language: English

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Changelog:

Download: -
Thank you so much! Is it compatible with saves that used the previous version of the mod?

DigDug69

Engaged Member
Jun 29, 2019
Another good question is will saves made with this mod installed, still work in future release of Harem Hotel, if the mod is not installed in the later release of the game?
The mod had a problem with that up to and including version 16.2, and lain fixed it for 17.2, but will it still work?
I have no idea what Lain had changed to make them compatible, but I just hope that you did not inadvertently restore what was causing the problem before.

Yazros

Mar 2, 2018
I'm having an issue with triggering the Jin's event 5. Ellen has no upgrades for the garden and nothing happens when I go up to Lin's room in the noon or evening.

DigDug69

Engaged Member
Jun 29, 2019
I'm having an issue with triggering the Jin's event 5. Ellen has no upgrades for the garden and nothing happens when I go up to Lin's room in the noon or evening.
Unless you are using Lain's mod and having an issue, you are in the wrong thread.
This one is for the mod for Harem Hotel.

Fauno36

May 26, 2023

Installation:

Changelog:

Thank you, very much!!

Yazros

Mar 2, 2018
Unless you are using Lain's mod and having an issue, you are in the wrong thread.
This one is for the mod for Harem Hotel.
I am using the mod. I read the instructions, followed them, and nothing is happening. Wondering if it's bad instructions or something else.

DigDug69

Engaged Member
Jun 29, 2019
I am using the mod. I read the instructions, followed them, and nothing is happening. Wondering if it's bad instructions or something else.
Ive seen the issue you are having in the main Harem Hotel thread, before the mod was released. I do not remember the solution.

Ashira13

Jan 31, 2024
Tried that, still nothing
weird. i don't remember the solution either, although it probably is just a simple thing "we" forgot to do. another event has to be done first. well, anyways, this probably doesn't belong on the mod thread :)

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
the mod hasn't been updated for current build meaning there will be some issues if you play with it installed

Ashira13

Jan 31, 2024
the mod hasn't been updated for current build meaning there will be some issues if you play with it installed
Actually.....

Installation:

Changelog:

Reactions: Abomintion

hlfwaycrks

Aug 7, 2024

Installation:

Changelog:

Thank you VERY much! I've had this thread on watch hoping every day for this :love:

JGNeon

Modder
Feb 24, 2021
So does this is just picking up Lains mod right, it doesn't need a new save.
Thank you so much! Is it compatible with saves that used the previous version of the mod?
Another good question is will saves made with this mod installed, still work in future release of Harem Hotel, if the mod is not installed in the later release of the game?
The mod had a problem with that up to and including version 16.2, and lain fixed it for 17.2, but will it still work?
I have no idea what Lain had changed to make them compatible, but I just hope that you did not inadvertently restore what was causing the problem before.
If your save worked with or was saved using the game at v0.17.2 with Lain's mod, it should still work, and save files made with this should also work in future releases (with an un-modded game, or with an updated mod).
My mod continues off exactly where Lain left it, using her actual code (I've "only" added to her existing mod to bring it up to v0.18.0), so things should work as expected. If they don't, or you experience any bugs, let me know.

Jin's level 5 event is part of an entire new garden area event.
First, go to the garden area, click the little gate in the middle of the fence to visit the back garden. You should get a statement that you might be able to do something about this area. Then, go to Ellen and talk about upgrades. The visit to the back garden should trigger a new upgrade option: "Develop Land".
This upgrade menu option contains all of the new garden upgrades needed to complete Jin's current story.

For each back garden upgrade:
  • Cleanup ($200): 3 days
  • Greenhouse ($200): 5 days
  • Upgrade Garden Beds I ($200): 2 days
  • Upgrade Garden Beds II ($600): 2 days
After each upgrade has completed (when sleeping, the game will tell you the status of the upgrade), make sure to visit the back garden area to trigger any events needed.
Once the "Garden Beds II" upgrade is completed, you can visit Lin's room (at a time when Lin is there) to trigger Jin's level 5 event.

Un1queOne

Oct 19, 2018
I got those boxes with question mark showing up in almost every line after installing the mod. How could I fix it?
Thanks for the great work tho.
1728065905896.png

offrhythm

Oct 28, 2017

Installation:

Changelog:

This break anyone elses game?
I get a Script parse fail when launching

I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/script.rpy", line 14979: Line with id out2_cde7440f appears twice. The other line is game/mod/scripts/overrides/script_label_out_cont2.rpy:64

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.7.1.24030407
Fri Oct 4 13:00:36 2024

Both lines in question just say "ERROR", so I'm assuming they reference the same thing, but I know nothing about coding renpy, so I don't know how to fix it

BakaHu

May 8, 2022
This break anyone elses game?
I get a Script parse fail when launching

I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/script.rpy", line 14979: Line with id out2_cde7440f appears twice. The other line is game/mod/scripts/overrides/script_label_out_cont2.rpy:64

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.7.1.24030407
Fri Oct 4 13:00:36 2024

Both lines in question just say "ERROR", so I'm assuming they reference the same thing, but I know nothing about coding renpy, so I don't know how to fix it
I didn't have any issues

Lysergic

Aug 18, 2018

Installation:

Changelog:

If this works you're a fucking legend.

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes