Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I loaded save file from 0.7 beta 5 and cannot spank Moon, think i should restart
Oh, that's the problem. Don't use saves from the beta's with the final releases. The betas cause a lot of issues and bugs so don't overwrite your saves when playing beta releases.

BigLurker

Jun 16, 2018
The 0.7.1 mod can be used with 0.7.1.1 but it might undo one of the bugs fixed in 0.7.1.1

I'll update the mod tomorrow right after I wake up and eat breakfast.
People like you keep stuff going. Along side all the creators of course. Keep it up, ignore whiners, cause most people download without any message or thank you. But we appreciate it non the less.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
My bad I had a couple other things I needed to do this morning. I found out that 0.7.1.2 will be released sometime soon though, so I think I actually will just wait until that is released to update the mod since I've already had to update it twice for 0.7 and doing it now and then again in a couple days would be a lot of work.

I'll add some new Kate and Juliet wallpapers when I update the mod for 0.7.1.2 though.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
The mod is now up to date with the latest game version again.

0.7.2 Changelog:
  • Updated the mod to the latest game version
  • Reduced the mod size from 190mb to 97mb
  • Added 8 new in-game wallpapers of Kate, Juliet, Autumn's sister, and Wheelchair-chan (thanks to Silver and miles)

screenshot0001.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Jougen and xt2021

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
Maim Lain

I've used your mods in the past and I appreciate your effort - and am now a Patreon. I do have a question about this HH mod: is there a possibility it could create save file incompatibilities when the HH core game is updated?

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Maim Lain

I've used your mods in the past and I appreciate your effort - and am now a Patreon. I do have a question about this HH mod: is there a possibility it could create save file incompatibilities when the HH core game is updated?
Thanks! And nope saves made with the mod will always be compatible with the normal game.

The only thing that would cause an issue would be if you were to set the in-game computer wallpaper to one of the new wallpapers from the mod and then uninstall the mod, you won't be able to use the in-game computer since the game can't find the image. So if you plan on uninstalling the mod make sure your wallpaper is set to one from the normal game.

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
Thanks! And nope saves made with the mod will always be compatible with the normal game.

The only thing that would cause an issue would be if you were to set the in-game computer wallpaper to one of the new wallpapers from the mod and then uninstall the mod, you won't be able to use the in-game computer since the game can't find the image. So if you plan on uninstalling the mod make sure your wallpaper is set to one from the normal game.
Thanks for the rapid response!

BigLurker

Jun 16, 2018
Love the mod, thank you. Question though. Lin level 26 event. Does the game have one? Cause its blank in the mod, doesnt say "completed" like the rest.

Sorry if it was asked before.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Hey I just extracted the mod and tried to open the game but i keep getting a traceback did i do something wrong
You'll have to show what it says, otherwise I won't know what you did wrong. You most likely put the mod in the wrong folder though.

Love the mod, thank you. Question though. Lin level 26 event. Does the game have one? Cause its blank in the mod, doesnt say "completed" like the rest.

Sorry if it was asked before.
No she doesn't have a level 26 event yet, you've done all of her story events. Runey created a bug in 0.7 where he forgot to change a variable for Lin when she is level 26 so that's why it doesn't say Completed.

If you want to fix it push Shift+O to open the console and type:
lin_complete7 = True

Reactions: BigLurker

Emerald_Lord

Jun 19, 2018
You'll have to show what it says, otherwise I won't know what you did wrong. You most likely put the mod in the wrong folder though.

No she doesn't have a level 26 event yet, you've done all of her story events. Runey created a bug in 0.7 where he forgot to change a variable for Lin when she is level 26 so that's why it doesn't say Completed.

If you want to fix it push Shift+O to open the console and type:
lin_complete7 = True

Hello, I'm having the same issue as Skywalker007.

Seeing as how he hasn't responded, this is what the traceback says:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/linroomoffoff.webp'>:
File "game/script.rpy", line 24379, in script
with fade
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/linroomoffoff.webp'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.559\Harem_Hotel-v0.7.2-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
File "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.559\Harem_Hotel-v0.7.2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 513, in main
File "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.559\Harem_Hotel-v0.7.2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
File "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.559\Harem_Hotel-v0.7.2-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 876, in run_context
File "game/script.rpy", line 24379, in script
with fade
File "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.559\Harem_Hotel-v0.7.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1356, in execute
File "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.559\Harem_Hotel-v0.7.2-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1481, in with_statement
File "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.559\Harem_Hotel-v0.7.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2227, in do_with
File "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.559\Harem_Hotel-v0.7.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2672, in interact
File "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.559\Harem_Hotel-v0.7.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3158, in interact_core
File "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.559\Harem_Hotel-v0.7.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2075, in draw_screen
File "render.pyx", line 487, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 235, in renpy.display.render.render
File "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.559\Harem_Hotel-v0.7.2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
File "render.pyx", line 147, in renpy.display.render.render
File "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.559\Harem_Hotel-v0.7.2-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 180, in render
File "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.559\Harem_Hotel-v0.7.2-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 361, in render
File "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.559\Harem_Hotel-v0.7.2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.559\Harem_Hotel-v0.7.2-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
File "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.559\Harem_Hotel-v0.7.2-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
File "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.559\Harem_Hotel-v0.7.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
File "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.559\Harem_Hotel-v0.7.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
File "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.559\Harem_Hotel-v0.7.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
File "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.559\Harem_Hotel-v0.7.2-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/linroomoffoff.webp'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Harem Hotel v0.7.2
Thu Jul 04 14:17:06 2019

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Hello, I'm having the same issue as Skywalker007.

Seeing as how he hasn't responded, this is what the traceback says:
That's an issue with how you installed the game, not the mod. You didn't properly extract the game. It says you installed the game in your Temp folder.

Move the Harem Hotel game zip folder you downloaded somewhere else like your desktop -> right click -> extract all
Then install the mod.

43pass

Nov 18, 2017
i just started to use this mod and i launched the game and got, would u like to unlock true story code , fuck yeah or hell nah? what is true story code?

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes