Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

Throwaway7777

Mar 7, 2018
Thanks so much for the quick work Lain!! I was super excited for today's release then realized I couldn't load my old save due to using your mod prior. YEET

Edit: Sadly I can't load previous patch's save :(

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
then realized I couldn't load my old save due to using your mod prior. YEET

I'm not sure what you mean. The mod doesn't affect saves. What's wrong with yours?

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
I'm not sure what you mean. The mod doesn't affect saves. What's wrong with yours?

I had a weird error / bug when I tried to load a save in the lobby, namely :

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
While running game code:
File "game/lobby_script.rpy", line 460, in script
return
Exception: Could not find return label u'_call_lobbyhang'."

No idea what actually caused it, but loading a different save in another room "fixed" it, and travelling to the lobby isn't a problem either, it's just if you try and load in there for whatever reason. The lobby_script.rpy file is one of the mod ones for whatever that's worth.

If your problem is similar, try a different save.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I had a weird error / bug when I tried to load a save in the lobby, namely :

While running game code:
File "game/lobby_script.rpy", line 460, in script
return
Exception: Could not find return label u'_call_lobbyhang'."

No idea what actually caused it, but loading a different save in another room "fixed" it, and travelling to the lobby isn't a problem either, it's just if you try and load in there for whatever reason. The lobby_script.rpy file is one of the mod ones for whatever that's worth.

If your problem is similar, try a different save.
Hmm, the code for the lobby was changed a lot between 0.7 and 0.8, so it might be an issue with the game. If it only happens with the mod though you could delete "lobby_script.rpy" and "lobby_script.rpyc" from the game folder and see if that lets you load your save.

somehow the pictures aren't loading on mac
Could you give more info about what you mean?

Reactions: gaypimmel

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Hmm, the code for the lobby was changed a lot between 0.7 and 0.8, so it might be an issue with the game. If it only happens with the mod though you could delete "lobby_script.rpy" and "lobby_script.rpyc" from the game folder and see if that lets you load your save.
Deleting the 2 lobby files from the game folder does allow the game to be loaded, although it warps you to your room. However, now if you try and enter the lobby you get a new error :

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 1063, in script
jump lobby3
ScriptError: could not find label 'lobby3'."

Afraid I've only got modded saves at the moment so I can't test to see if it happens without it.

Either way, it's not a big deal since you can just load a save that isn't in the lobby to get around the issue. Sucks for single-save people I guess.

Kylynybsb

Feb 14, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'kitchenlin.webp'>:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9263, in script
    $ result = renpy.imagemap("kitchenlin.webp", "kitchenlinh.webp", [
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9264, in <module>
    (730, 247, 931, 1010, "linkitchenh.webp")
IOError: Couldn't find file 'kitchenlin.webp'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "/Users/joelwashington/MEGAsync Downloads/Harem_Hotel Kopie.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 912, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "/Users/joelwashington/MEGAsync Downloads/Harem_Hotel Kopie.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "/Users/joelwashington/MEGAsync Downloads/Harem_Hotel Kopie.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/exports.py", line 1391, in imagemap
    roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "/Users/joelwashington/MEGAsync Downloads/Harem_Hotel Kopie.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ui.py", line 295, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/joelwashington/MEGAsync Downloads/Harem_Hotel Kopie.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 2699, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/joelwashington/MEGAsync Downloads/Harem_Hotel Kopie.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 3191, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "/Users/joelwashington/MEGAsync Downloads/Harem_Hotel Kopie.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 2091, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 546, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 247, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "/Users/joelwashington/MEGAsync Downloads/Harem_Hotel Kopie.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 154, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "/Users/joelwashington/MEGAsync Downloads/Harem_Hotel Kopie.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "/Users/joelwashington/MEGAsync Downloads/Harem_Hotel Kopie.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/im.py", line 584, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "/Users/joelwashington/MEGAsync Downloads/Harem_Hotel Kopie.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "/Users/joelwashington/MEGAsync Downloads/Harem_Hotel Kopie.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/im.py", line 629, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "/Users/joelwashington/MEGAsync Downloads/Harem_Hotel Kopie.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Darwin-18.0.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Harem Hotel v0.8
Fri Sep 20 20:27:06 2019

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Code:

While loading <'Image' u'kitchenlin.webp'>:
This isn't caused by the mod, your game is missing files. Most likely cause is your download got corrupted or the game didn't fully extract all the files.

ArmoredCascade

Sep 27, 2018
i got this after i tried to open up the game

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'game/ash_events.rpy', 1567231794, 0) is defined twice, at game/ash_events.rpyc:8 and game/game/ash_events.rpyc:8.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\\Desktop\www.F95Zone.com\On Hold\Harem Hotel\Harem_Hotel-v0.8-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 314, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\\Desktop\www.F95Zone.com\On Hold\Harem Hotel\Harem_Hotel-v0.8-pc\renpy\main.py", line 373, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\Users\\Desktop\www.F95Zone.com\On Hold\Harem Hotel\Harem_Hotel-v0.8-pc\renpy\script.py", line 271, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\Users\\Desktop\www.F95Zone.com\On Hold\Harem Hotel\Harem_Hotel-v0.8-pc\renpy\script.py", line 775, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "C:\Users\\Desktop\www.F95Zone.com\On Hold\Harem Hotel\Harem_Hotel-v0.8-pc\renpy\script.py", line 452, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "C:\Users\\Desktop\www.F95Zone.com\On Hold\Harem Hotel\Harem_Hotel-v0.8-pc\renpy\script.py", line 435, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'game/ash_events.rpy', 1567231794, 0) is defined twice, at game/ash_events.rpyc:8 and game/game/ash_events.rpyc:8.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320

Fri Sep 20 19:19:06 2019

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
i can't find this menu. help pls!
  • A cheat menu has been added which can be accessed by entering the code "lain" into the computer.

i got this after i tried to open up the game
You installed the mod in the wrong folder.

Installation:
PC: Unzip the mod and put the folder named "game" from the mod in your "Harem_Hotel-v0.8-pc" folder.

Haroogle

Mar 2, 2017
So after maxing all stats, I can't continue the Kate storyline because I never got the option to visit Ashley at school before it autostarted Felicity and Emma.

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes