Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
So after maxing all stats, I can't continue the Kate storyline because I never got the option to visit Ashley at school before it autostarted Felicity and Emma.
The maxing friendship cheat codes aren't part of my mod, so not sure why you're mentioning it here.

Reactions: gaypimmel

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
So after maxing all stats, I can't continue the Kate storyline because I never got the option to visit Ashley at school before it autostarted Felicity and Emma.
You shouldn't be maxing the friendship stat, it will cause you to miss events. You will need to load a save from before you maxed friendship or maybe try to return the value for all girls to what it was. Events in game are scripted to that stat so messing with it will cause you to miss story events.

aluveaux

Sep 18, 2019
I would also like to report that I also cannot seem to get Kate or Juliet to trigger. I met Juliet outside of Ashleys room, and she told me to meet her at college to check out an outfit, but since then, Ashley is always in her room, never at school. Even though sometimes when I try and bring Ashley to the dungeon, it says she is at college. I have not used any cheats or anything, just installed the mod and everything else has worked fine.

Also, does anyone know how to unlock the Jin photo gallery?

Thank you.

Haroogle

Mar 2, 2017
The maxing friendship cheat codes aren't part of my mod, so not sure why you're mentioning it here.
You shouldn't be maxing the friendship stat, it will cause you to miss events. You will need to load a save from before you maxed friendship or maybe try to return the value for all girls to what it was. Events in game are scripted to that stat so messing with it will cause you to miss story events.
Let me clarify when I say maxing all the stats I meant using the cheat that's already in the mod. I now realise that mentioning the cheat wasn't the main point and just say that the Kate and Juliet events weren't triggering for me was the main point of my post.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: RestiaAshdoll

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Let me clarify when I say maxing all the stats I meant using the cheat that's already in the mod. I now realise that mentioning the cheat wasn't the main point and just say that the Kate and Juliet events weren't triggering for me was the main point of my post.
Ah you mean the "max all stats" cheat that is in the cheat menu of Lains mod, I don't know what that does, I've never used it but it shouldn't cause any scenes to skip and not trigger. Can you not load a save from before you maxed the stats and test by just focus on Ashley to see if the scenes will start for you without cheating?

neon767

Aug 9, 2016
I just see a blank screen when I try to look at how to trigger Kali's new event (see attached image), which figuring out how to do was the only reason i even installed the mod lol.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
I just see a blank screen when I try to look at how to trigger Kali's new event (see attached image), which figuring out how to do was the only reason i even installed the mod lol.
Looking at the mods code there is no Level 27 event for Kali.
It only goes up to level 25

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Huh, must have bugged something out then to get a higher level than should be possible for kali
Just see if you can knock her friendship back down to 25 and try again at that level

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I would also like to report that I also cannot seem to get Kate or Juliet to trigger.

Also, does anyone know how to unlock the Jin photo gallery?
There are parts in Ashley's story where she is suspended from school, it's not caused by the mod or cheats. Keep doing Ashley's events.

To unlock Jia's photos keep doing Lin's events. And my max stats cheat doesn't affect friendship. It tells you that after you use it.

You likely messed up your game by playing a buggy alpha/beta version of the game or by using the console. This isn't caused by the mod, like Hones said Kali's max level is 25.

Reactions: gaypimmel

aluveaux

Sep 18, 2019
There are parts in Ashley's story where she is suspended from school, it's not caused by the mod or cheats. Keep doing Ashley's events.

To unlock Jia's photos keep doing Lin's events. And my max stats cheat doesn't affect friendship. It tells you that after you use it.
Yeah, been through the suspension already, maybe I progressed Ashley too fast or something, she just never leaves her room now. I'll try and catch it on a second playthru or go back to a previous save.

Also did your mod add the Moon scenes?

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes