Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
I tried it again 10 minutes ago and it worked like normal. The difference was it said "Keep Newer" and I was able to get to the title screen without any error messages appearing. I haven't played my save file yet, but I'm hopeful.
IIRC, that's similar to a generic "Replace" option. It'd only be a problem if the HH files were somehow "newer" than the Mod files, but I seem to remember there's a window that lets you know which is which ahead of time. As long as you get "Lain's Walkthrough Mod" to appear right below the title when the title screen first appears, you should be okay.

Crusher21

May 27, 2020
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
What can i do? i found out my mistake,which was using the v0.10.2 mod on v0.10,cuz i was excited to use the mod and didnt update the game.....
Ps this error appears when i click the "mod" option at the top,besides not accessing the mod,the game works fine.

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 5064, in script call
$ result = renpy.imagemap("floor1.webp", "floor1dh.webp", [
File "game/script.rpy", line 3919, in script call
$ result = renpy.imagemap("floor2.webp", "floor2dh.webp", [
File "game/script.rpy", line 5868, in script call
menu:
File "game/script.rpy", line 44030, in script call
call checkdone from _call_checkdone_1
File "game/script.rpy", line 11532, in script call
$ result = renpy.imagemap("yourroom1.webp", "yourroomh.webp", [
File "game/script.rpy", line 10521, in script call
call clearscreen from _call_clearscreen_334
File "game/script.rpy", line 11448, in script call
call lustsystem
call lustsystem
File "game/lobby_script.rpy", line 138, in script
call screen lobbygirls
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "game/AON_sensitive_FIX.rpy", line 13, in FIXrender
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
Exception: Could not find font u'mod/Proxima Nova Semibold.otf'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/bar.rpyc", line 1590, in script call
���M���1�Q`tDu3gD>#<O���t+����>���1(<D5E}�H�}-&�0ҁZ:�Ao[sB��/m���5[!�[����V;~�%���-��)�;��N��q�K�Ǧ�w�R��M
File "game/bar.rpyc", line 177, in script call

File "game/script.rpy", line 5868, in script call
menu:
File "game/lin_events.rpyc", line 931, in script call
�0k�d�h�9>봑����EQ敺�c9��#)N�,6?Hۼ�b�8J�X��6�4�����x�3C�"����k����xn/��oH6�>,��F2_�k�˫32@ ���~ٌ��'��1�h/��;n��&��-������[�E$�-��Ǡ��J}��B;�;�6qW�h��|��ǘњ��.����%^td�Q����AF��e�P'��%bлA^�����G~�ZıU�9�X�7�NnO5'Q��Y�d�3�B"?G�>�]:�!�SK�j#�Ӏ��p��R�{g[�� =�൸P�%��� ��!%{�3J�v���q�y�)$��������㾧MT���g�}O���yM|(��R���R�z^����R���̅���H�]T�^���(�\��p�d����n�.��]^�n���2:�bWz�ѹ���*�y�O����^�x�^s�E�Z���R�u�ݱ��ڷ���-^A�nc,v}�{��ŭ�獒gF�x�aOWS�����L�+�DKS��
File "game/script.rpy", line 44030, in script call
call checkdone from _call_checkdone_1
File "game/bar.rpyc", line 3385, in script call
���_`R��}�w�p�h�,�*����ѿ`���G�U��G���Gc��\^�n]Qiv�ߕ��J�*���Ur b�� �WF� �C=T�D��C���Օ@S�J� ���+�r��5�&�a�K���2CP�b*��`���Zf�8!34�䞆����Wqo=�ڹ�-��v��]Opo�ý�غR|�g3���h��L�UZN�-*�1�p{E����G*�+�j�X�c%�*�Q޹GyH��.��(� ;޵R��0ʻ�7Vr��u���4�'*��Z��T)��Y�������4+��g�>`_��I�:�u|ϓ�
File "game/bar.rpyc", line 3510, in script call
���W�A\���~�����e��3A~��@�ߦ�Q~�/���т�6n�;��2gWO��}�i|/�פ��>�]=՟]��ή�6M
File "game/bar.rpyc", line 3485, in script call
��̀N������uN��<C���<

File "game/script.rpy", line 10521, in script call
call clearscreen from _call_clearscreen_334
call lustsystem
call lustsystem
File "game/lobby_script.rpy", line 138, in script
call screen lobbygirls
File "C:\Users\garyl\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Harem_Hotel-v0.10.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1947, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "C:\Users\garyl\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Harem_Hotel-v0.10.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1935, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\garyl\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Harem_Hotel-v0.10.2-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\garyl\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Harem_Hotel-v0.10.2-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2896, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "C:\Users\garyl\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Harem_Hotel-v0.10.2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\garyl\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Harem_Hotel-v0.10.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\garyl\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Harem_Hotel-v0.10.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3191, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "C:\Users\garyl\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Harem_Hotel-v0.10.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2091, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 546, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 247, in renpy.display.render.render
File "C:\Users\garyl\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Harem_Hotel-v0.10.2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 154, in renpy.display.render.render
File "C:\Users\garyl\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Harem_Hotel-v0.10.2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
File "game/AON_sensitive_FIX.rpy", line 13, in FIXrender
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "C:\Users\garyl\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Harem_Hotel-v0.10.2-pc\renpy\display\dragdrop.py", line 440, in render
cr = render(child, width, height, st, at)
File "C:\Users\garyl\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Harem_Hotel-v0.10.2-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1989, in render
virtual_layout = Layout(self, width, height, renders, drawable_res=False, size_only=True)
File "C:\Users\garyl\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Harem_Hotel-v0.10.2-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 619, in __init__
glyphs = ts.glyphs(s, self)
File "C:\Users\garyl\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Harem_Hotel-v0.10.2-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 242, in glyphs
fo = font.get_font(self.font, self.size, self.bold, self.italic, 0, self.antialias, self.vertical, self.hinting, layout.oversample)
File "C:\Users\garyl\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Harem_Hotel-v0.10.2-pc\renpy\text\font.py", line 699, in get_font
face = load_face(fn)
File "C:\Users\garyl\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Harem_Hotel-v0.10.2-pc\renpy\text\font.py", line 640, in load_face
raise Exception("Could not find font {0!r}.".format(orig_fn))
Exception: Could not find font u'mod/Proxima Nova Semibold.otf'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Harem Hotel v0.10.2
Sun Jul 19 22:26:55 2020

What can i do? i found out my mistake,which was using the v0.10.2 mod on v0.10,cuz i was excited to use the mod and didnt update the game.....
Ps this error appears when i click the "mod" option at the top,besides not accessing the mod,the game works fine.
These are probably very obvious questions, but:

1: How did you update the game to v0.10.2? Unless you downloaded one of the patches, when you installed the latest version, I'm assuming you remembered to not combine it with any of the previous versions.

2: Did you remember to install the mod into the new version of the game? (If you used one of the patches, you'd still have to re-install the mod.)

Crusher21

May 27, 2020
These are probably very obvious questions, but:

1: How did you update the game to v0.10.2? Unless you downloaded one of the patches, when you installed the latest version, I'm assuming you remembered to not combine it with any of the previous versions.

2: Did you remember to install the mod into the new version of the game? (If you used one of the patches, you'd still have to re-install the mod.)

I simply deleted v0.10,downloaded 0.10.2 using mega. Yes I remembered to install the mod into the new version of the game, I extracted it, moves the folder "game" into the harem Hotel v0.10.2 folder as instructed in the patreon page.
I don't quite understand what you mean when u say used one of the patches or remembered not to combine with previous version, when I moved the mod into the game, the system asked whether or not to replace files, I first tried yes, same error happened, so I reinstall the game, placed the same mod into the game and skipped files instead, still didn't work :l

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
I simply deleted v0.10,downloaded 0.10.2 using mega. Yes I remembered to install the mod into the new version of the game, I extracted it, moves the folder "game" into the harem Hotel v0.10.2 folder as instructed in the patreon page.
I don't quite understand what you mean when u say used one of the patches or remembered not to combine with previous version, when I moved the mod into the game, the system asked whether or not to replace files, I first tried yes, same error happened, so I reinstall the game, placed the same mod into the game and skipped files instead, still didn't work :l
Other than being correct the first time in "replacing" those files instead of "skipping," you did everything right. Have you tried starting a new game, or are you using a save from a previous version? If you happen to have a save from before the error happened, you may want to try that and see if it works.

I noticed the error is saying that it can't find a font file ("Proxima Nova Semibold.otf"). If you want, you can look in "/game/mod" just to double-check and see if that file is there.

Beyond that, I'm at a bit of a loss.

----------------------

What I was talking about in regard to "Patches" is that someone over on the game thread has created patches that can be used to upgrade the game from v0.9.2 to v0.10.2 (and everything in between) instead of having to download the "full" game whenever it updates (for those with slow connections, etc.). You can pretty much ignore this if you want. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Crusher21

Crusher21

May 27, 2020
Other than being correct the first time in "replacing" those files instead of "skipping," you did everything right. Have you tried starting a new game, or are you using a save from a previous version? If you happen to have a save from before the error happened, you may want to try that and see if it works.

I noticed the error is saying that it can't find a font file ("Proxima Nova Semibold.otf"). If you want, you can look in "/game/mod" just to double-check and see if that file is there.

Beyond that, I'm at a bit of a loss.

----------------------

What I was talking about in regard to "Patches" is that someone over on the game thread has created patches that can be used to upgrade the game from v0.9.2 to v0.10.2 (and everything in between) instead of having to download the "full" game whenever it updates (for those with slow connections, etc.). You can pretty much ignore this if you want. :)

Thanks for the help, I'll double check the /game/mod area, don't know what to do if there really is a missing file there, I'll also try my other saves and do some skips on scenes I've done, if all else fails then I'll just have to play the game while relying on the in game pc codes to use money hacks, as for story progression, guess I've got to check everything on my own.
Again thanks for helping with the replies :D(y)

Edit: tried all my saves, same glitch happened,im just gonna play without the mod,hopefully my issues can somehow help others with the same issues fix theirs and if they do,hopefully they will post an explanation as to how they did it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
How to do that? Teach me sensei!
When you install/extract the game itself, you should have a folder called something like "Harem_Hotel-v0.10.2-pc" (it may say something other than "pc" at the end, depending on what platform (Android/Mac/etc.) you're playing the game on). After you have extracted the mod (make sure you've downloaded the version that works with your platform), you should have a folder called "game." Simply take this folder and move/copy it into the game's folder that I mentioned above. You should get a message asking if you want to overwrite 6 files. Just say "Yes" to that, and you should be good to go from there.

ㅤㅤㅤ

Sep 1, 2019
When you install/extract the game itself, you should have a folder called something like "Harem_Hotel-v0.10.2-pc" (it may say something other than "pc" at the end, depending on what platform (Android/Mac/etc.) you're playing the game on). After you have extracted the mod (make sure you've downloaded the version that works with your platform), you should have a folder called "game." Simply take this folder and move/copy it into the game's folder that I mentioned above. You should get a message asking if you want to overwrite 6 files. Just say "Yes" to that, and you should be good to go from there.
And how to extract the game?

TheHighlander

Jan 26, 2018
Can any of you fine people tell me how many scenes violet has? I only get the eat out option, are their more I have not found?

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
Can any of you fine people tell me how many scenes violet has? I only get the eat out option, are their more I have not found?
That's the only one, and it's very unlikely there will be any more. From what I understand, she was a character created by one of Runey's patrons a long time ago and should not be considered canon at all.

Reactions: TheHighlander

Dragon1982

Sep 7, 2019
I finally started playing this game today and I must say I'm very impressed. But there is one girl I don't like so much because of her bulliness and overbearing control when I show any other girl attention. It's rare for me not to like a girl but Ashley's personality pushed me there.

Dragon1982

Sep 7, 2019
I finally started playing this game today and I must say I'm very impressed. But there is one girl I don't like so much because of her bulliness and overbearing control when I show any other girl attention. It's rare for me not to like a girl but Ashley's personality pushed me there.
Of course I've only played about 15% of the game so far so maybe my opinion will change overtime. I'm just not a fan of bullies is all

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
Of course I've only played about 15% of the game so far so maybe my opinion will change overtime. I'm just not a fan of bullies is all
Many players have characters they didn't care for when they started the game, but their feelings changed as those characters stories progressed. There's no guarantee this will happen in your case, but be aware that it seems to happen more often than not for many players.

Reactions: Dragon1982

Dragon1982

Sep 7, 2019
I just saw the reason behind Ashley's ways so I take back what I said. At first I was pretty pissed at Felicity for being so horrible, but when I found out the truth to why I wanted to kill the father responsible, ESPECIALLY when I heard the heartbreaking story involving a cat. I'm a big time animal lover and can get real emotional when it comes to their lives. I nearly shed tears. I've never done that for any porn game before. Hell the only game in history that got me that way was The Walking Dead: A Telltale Series.

Reactions: TheHighlander

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
I just saw the reason behind Ashley's ways so I take back what I said. At first I was pretty pissed at Felicity for being so horrible, but when I found out the truth to why I wanted to kill the father responsible, ESPECIALLY when I heard the heartbreaking story involving a cat. I'm a big time animal lover and can get real emotional when it comes to their lives. I nearly shed tears. I've never done that for any porn game before. Hell the only game in history that got me that way was The Walking Dead: A Telltale Series.
This game is famous for causing players to shed a tear here or there. Ashley's backstory was one for me, but I think the one that got me the most was with Android's backstory about her and the MC's grandfather.

Phobos69

Mar 20, 2019
In v10.2 the last hint for Autumn is event Lvl #20, but there is no information as to time or location. Is there a precursor event or a specific stat required? or is the answer "If there's nothing in the box then you probably played an Alpha/Beta version of the game which messed up some variables. Or you used the console to cheat and changed friendship variables so it's showing the wrong level."...?

I found my answer by reducing the friendship lvl back to L10 and following the clues. Was able to complete the events.....

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 16 Votes