Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Lain gone over 2 months,his discord got attacked by spam and literally no one can kick because no mods,he really silent now,lets hope him have a good future,and past 2-3 years till now he said his financially crisis,i hope nothing goes wrong,and if you know game called "dating my daugther"the main coder is maim lain and even they already stated that maim lain no longer work with them since he unrenponsive for months
Lain is a "she". Thought you knew that.
Anyway, I 100% agree with those who say it will be here if or when she's ready.

Eternalm88

May 5, 2020
Usually someone comes around and does the update for her when she takes too long. Harem Hotel, and this mod are both too popular for it to completely die off if Lain does permanently retire.

Either way, as others have said, I hope Lain's doing well.

TFFBladez

Oct 10, 2020
I am just going to keep an eye in here. Haven't played the game once yet but from what I have read this mod is a must-have so I will just wait patiently for the modder or someone from the community to help out. either way, I hope the modder is safe and doing well as it seems they have not been around for a while.

HyperionX

Sep 18, 2018
I am just going to keep an eye in here. Haven't played the game once yet but from what I have read this mod is a must-have so I will just wait patiently for the modder or someone from the community to help out. either way, I hope the modder is safe and doing well as it seems they have not been around for a while.
Its not a must have really, more like a convenience thing IMO. I suggest you try the game without the mod first.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Edit: I can't believe I have to add this (been asked in pm...): This simply allows you to not crash when you remove Maim Lain's mod or try to play without it. On a side note, there may be other places to add this at, unsure.

I was asked to provide a work-around for people who want to play the newest versions of the game but are unable (for whatever reason...) to wait for the newest mod update and wish to try the game without the mod. Here's what you can do:

Edit ./renpy/display/screen.py.
Find "def render(self, w, h, st, at):".
Just below it add:
Python:
        if self.screen == None:
            return renpy.display.render.Render(w, h)
Find "def event(self, ev, x, y, st):".
Just below it add:
Python:
        if self.screen == None:
            return
*You must include the spaces. Python is a bit of a completely ****ing stupid language that doesn't use opening/closing brackets to delimit function opens/closes.*

Why this works: The game normally stores all screens to be rendered (such as the overlay from Maim Lain in this mod), but if you remove their mod, the screens normally in your save file that no longer exist in logic will cause the game to fuss when it attempts to render them. This bit of code just tells them to quietly ignore rendering any screen that doesn't exist.

Note: You may need to re-do all mod-related stuff over again, such as any quests they have added. Either that, or they're kept safe in the save file as far as variables go and just adding the mod back again when updated might pick things up right where you left off. ;) You should also migrate to another screen and then save, using a new slot, just to be safe. ;)
I dont care how maim is doing I just want the mod.
We don't care if you want the mod. Impatient? Make your own. :middlefinger:

Last edited:

Eternalm88

May 5, 2020
I wouldn't say it's a must, but it makes replaying the game over and over (the way I like to) way more pleasant. Plus it unlocks the patreon only cheat mode.

Eternalm88

May 5, 2020
I was asked to provide a work-around for people who want to play the newest versions of the game but are unable (for whatever reason...) to wait for the newest mod update. Here's what you can do:

Edit ./renpy/display/layout.py.
Find "for child, cst, cat in iterator:".
Just below it add:
Python:
                if hasattr(child, 'screen'):
                    if child.screen == None:
                        continue
*You must include the spaces. Python is a bit of a completely ****ing stupid language that doesn't use opening/closing brackets to delimit function opens/closes.*

Why this works: The game normally stores all screens to be rendered (such as the overlay from Maim Lain in this mod), but if you remove their mod, the screens normally in your save file that no longer exist in logic will cause the game to fuss when it attempts to render them. This bit of code just tells them to quietly ignore rendering any screen that doesn't exist.
You are awesome, I'll have to try this out. Thank you.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
First, the game is awesome and deserves to be played, even without the mod. The overall story and character stories are awesome. Runey actually made a world, so make sure you read the stuff instead of text-skipping, it's worth it imo.

Second, that said, the game IS one of the ones that really benefits from the walkthrough. You'll frequently have to wait for several days after doing an "event" and then go meet a girl in some not terribly obvious place, and the game itself doesn't really hint about any of that. I mean it's usually pretty obvious (Kali is in Kali's room, duh), but there are times when it isn't.

TFFBladez

Oct 10, 2020
First, the game is awesome and deserves to be played, even without the mod. The overall story and character stories are awesome. Runey actually made a world, so make sure you read the stuff instead of text-skipping, it's worth it imo.

Second, that said, the game IS one of the ones that really benefits from the walkthrough. You'll frequently have to wait for several days after doing an "event" and then go meet a girl in some not terribly obvious place, and the game itself doesn't really hint about any of that. I mean it's usually pretty obvious (Kali is in Kali's room, duh), but there are times when it isn't.
Oh, I absolutely plan on playing this one it's just that I decided that since I haven't started it yet I can be patient and wait for the mod to be updated and just keep an eye out for the update.

Codex07

Jul 21, 2019
Lain is a "she". Thought you knew that.
Anyway, I 100% agree with those who say it will be here if or when she's ready.
ah no sry,my first language is not english and my english pretty bad,ik that lain is she,ik how she feels,like i got minus income even though i work my arse off,and almost everyday ppl only ask mod to be update,if i late even for several days,they start to hate and criticize me and even if i update after working for hours,my income still minus since i had to give my mods to public as free and if i not do this,ppl will complain because ppl need to be my patreons to using my mods, they going to report my patreon(before maim lain patreon got banned by f95 users because most of his mods need to be subscribe stars and patreons).now i'm really hope she actually make all her mods not for free so her income actually +++ and now she actually gone,idk what to say,i mean recently one of my friends suicide because of his jobs really sh1t

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
ah no sry,my first language is not english and my english pretty bad,ik that lain is she,ik how she feels,like i got minus income even though i work my arse off,and almost everyday ppl only ask mod to be update,if i late even for several days,they start to hate and criticize me and even if i update after working for hours,my income still minus since i had to give my mods to public as free and if i not do this,ppl will complain because ppl need to be my patreons to using my mods, they going to report my patreon(before maim lain patreon got banned by f95 users because most of his mods need to be subscribe stars and patreons).now i'm really hope she actually make all her mods not for free so her income actually +++ and now she actually gone,idk what to say,i mean recently one of my friends suicide because of his jobs really sh1t
Ran into a similar problem myself. People don't appreciate free, they just expect it “or else”. Sad boat.

vulpix74z

Nov 15, 2018
I really just hope Lain is ok and its not something too serious. Someones mental and or physical health is wayy more important then a mod update. If you read this Lain, please know we do care about you as a person and not just the mods you make. F*** those trolls who think otherwise.

Lysergic

Aug 18, 2018
It's a long shot but I wonder if they'd get an answer if someone who's a subscriber sent a message on that site.

danvo2004

Apr 24, 2020

Updated: 2021-08-10
Game/Creator: Harem Hotel /
Modder:
Game Version: 0.13.2

Features:
  • This mod adds an in-game walkthrough for every character and event in the game Harem Hotel! The walkthrough menu contains dynamic guides that let you track your progress for each character and see the requirements needed to trigger their scenes and advance their story.

• A cheat menu has also been added which has cheats that allow you to set your money to $99999, maximize your stats with all girls, unlock all outfits & toys, and more.

• I've also made a few other improvements to the game such as:
    • Adding 11 new custom scenes that I've made
    • Adding 23 new custom art wallpapers to the in-game computer
    • Adding a playable in-game piano to the hotel lobby
    • Restoring Kali's removed cafe exhibition scenes to the game
    • Restoring Jin's dungeon scenes to the game
    • Restoring Kate's removed riddles to the game
    • Making the UI cleaner and more readable by using a better textbox and font
    • Probably some other cool stuff that I forgot to include here

New custom events/scenes:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DOWNLOAD: - -

View attachment 553429 View attachment 553430 View attachment 553431 View attachment 553432 View attachment 553433 View attachment 553434

Teasers of new scenes:
View attachment 215773 View attachment 215775 View attachment 215774 View attachment 330199
could you or someone else help updating mod for v0.14 ? cheers

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes