Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

Obanama

Jan 25, 2021
Maybe, but it usually takes Lain a couple of weeks to update the mod, and she's been MIA for nearly two months. You may want to consider playing the game without the mod when it comes out.
That would break my 35+ hour saves so no thanks...

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
Chances are the old mod will be compatible with the new save and you just won't have informations on the v14 content
That's never a guarantee, especially since the file structure was changed as of v0.13.2. One thing to mention about the new file structure is that it seems to be easier to remove the mod and not have problems with your save now than with previous versions (I tested it). The only thing I should mention is that I only used a save from a playthrough with just the current version, and I turned off the custom scenes from the mod before doing a test save. Also, I never use any cheat codes except for "truestory" in my games, so there's no guarantee that using codes won't break things, either.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Maybe, but it usually takes Lain a couple of weeks to update the mod, and she's been MIA for nearly two months. You may want to consider playing the game without the mod when it comes out.
Lain is MIA since the end of October so even if the update comes out tomorrow the mod won't be updated anytime soon.

Codex07

Jul 21, 2019
Update is out :)
Lain gone over 2 months,his discord got attacked by spam and literally no one can kick because no mods,he really silent now,lets hope him have a good future,and past 2-3 years till now he said his financially crisis,i hope nothing goes wrong,and if you know game called "dating my daugther"the main coder is maim lain and even they already stated that maim lain no longer work with them since he unrenponsive for months

Last edited:
Reactions: pgm_01

kaixbi

Jan 28, 2019
I skipped v13.2, now can't wait to player v14, hope someone update this mod soon. Till then I'mma saving my nuts for a bigger nutshower.

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
I just tested a save with the new version, and I was able to get it to work without the mod. That being said, I would only recommend doing it with a fresh install of the game and not using the new "Patch" version.

Reactions: Kakashi Hatake69

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Sucks that Lain's MIA / gone, she always seemed pretty cool.

Also sucks that the games she modded tended to be the ones you really don't want to play without a walkthrough mod of some sort because they send you all over hell's half-acre to progress characters and don't actually tell you wtf to do in-game.

"No, no, you had to go to the sauna at noon on Wednesday to progress Girl 1 before Girl 187 will show up at the coffee shop 3 towns over."

Xegrid

Donor
Jan 22, 2019
yeah i noticed that the last subscribe star mod was about 2 months ago, alltho to be fair nothing that lain mods was updated for the past 2 months expect in the last week or so, so we might see updates from lain later down the line, if i remember well there was a big gap betwean his/her (idk if it;s a she or a he :|) updates at some point again, but after a few weeks break lain was back so we should w8 and see, but hey, i get the chance to play a lot of game that are in my backlog :)

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
yeah i noticed that the last subscribe star mod was about 2 months ago, alltho to be fair nothing that lain mods was updated for the past 2 months expect in the last week or so, so we might see updates from lain later down the line, if i remember well there was a big gap betwean his/her (idk if it;s a she or a he :|) updates at some point again, but after a few weeks break lain was back so we should w8 and see, but hey, i get the chance to play a lot of game that are in my backlog :)
Depending on Lain's workload, it usually took her a couple of weeks to get the mod updated partly because she liked to wait for the bugfix patches Runey puts out shortly after release.

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes