Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

Kaidman

Dec 8, 2017
to be fair it is the holiday season so lain most likely is caught up in real life and the modding is not that important to drop everything the day a game comes out

Urusaisenpai

Walkthough-mod Creators are a godsent <3
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
Since people asking, I only have vague information about lain whereabouts. Lain and another developer were working on a game together but that came to a stop after she was M.I.A for 12 days without any contact. The last message she sent on her own discord were 31 Oct about updating Summertime saga mod in the near future. This is 2nd time lain been of the grit. Everybody do need alone time every now and then
but not giving any heads up or at least saying she is fine is worrying and angering me the most. I do not have any close relation to lain but I appreciate all the things she has done so I'll always wish her the best.

Like last time all the mods hopefully be continued by, us/our community, so we any of you good at coding you can be our hero!

Arkanaaa

Aug 25, 2020
Since people asking, I only have vague information about lain whereabouts. Lain and another developer were working on a game together but that came to a stop after she was M.I.A for 12 days without any contact. The last message she sent on her own discord were 31 Oct about updating Summertime saga mod in the near future. This is 2nd time lain been of the grit. Everybody do need alone time every now and then
but not giving any heads up or at least saying she is fine is worrying and angering me the most. I do not have any close relation to lain but I appreciate all the things she has done so I'll always wish her the best.

Like last time all the mods hopefully be continued by, us/our community, so we any of you good at coding you can be our hero!

I dont speak english as well as you,

So thanks you, you totaly said what I feel.

Poeple always think to their own and never think dev and modder are ppl like them with a real life... hope some will understand it with your post

Reactions: PsybehrWolf

Smogark

Aug 1, 2018

Why does it worry, and anger you? Nobody, especially anyone on the internet. Owes other people an update on their whereabouts, or what they're doing when they go dark.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Well, if its just some random user like you its one thing, buf if its someone people care about or if they started something and people wait for updates its a whole other thing ^^

Reactions: Soulpuppet

Smogark

Aug 1, 2018
Well, if its just some random user like you its one thing, buf if its someone people care about or if they started something and people wait for updates its a whole other thing ^^
No it's not. No developer of anything owes their time to anyone for something they're arguably doing for free. Regardless of whether or not that developer is known for anything, or otherwise.

This comment reeks of being entitled, like a developer owes you, and anyone else who gets mad at them for going dark for any reason. They don't owe you a reason on why they've gone dark.

Edit: You're also a random user like me, as an FYI. Much like the other person is apparently since they don't have any "close relation to Lain" as they themselves stated.

Last edited:

Lysergic

Aug 18, 2018
No it's not. No developer of anything owes their time to anyone for something they're arguably doing for free. Regardless of whether or not that developer is known for anything, or otherwise.

This comment reeks of being entitled, like a developer owes you, and anyone else who gets mad at them for going dark for any reason. They don't owe you a reason on why they've gone dark.

Edit: You're also a random user like me, as an FYI. Much like the other person is apparently since they don't have any "close relation to Lain" as they themselves stated.
You seem to have missed the part about, "buf [SIC] if its someone people care about".

Is it a huge disappointment that this mod will likely not be updated (because it got rid of all the bullshit sandbox games are usually ruined by) of course., but entitled? I wouldn't go that far.

Personally I might have to just give up on this (one of my favorite VNs) because the prospect of starting over without the help of the mod sounds terrible.

But at least in my case that's not the main concern I have as to where Lain disappeared to. Out of nowhere they just seeming fell off the face of the earth which, based on their posting history, is highly unusual, so it's worrying. Do I wish this mod (or the Photo Hunt one) were updated? Yes. Does that mean I'm not actually concerned about Lain's whereabouts and whether they're ok or not? No.

Sure, some people have been less than patient about the whole thing but that's because more than a couple of games Lain made mods for are borderline unplayable sandboxes that were only playable thanks to Lain's mods. So it's completely reasonable to be frustrated or upset to find out the mod may never be updated, entitled? I wouldn't go that far.

What needs to happen, if Lain is truly not coming back then the developers of games such as this, which are a bit of a chore to play without the help of the mod need to integrate the useful features directly into the game, that way this sort of thing won't be a problem in the future.

Last edited:

Parcel

Mar 27, 2017

I agree that Lain doesn't owe most people anything. But the fact that she's doing this arguably for free is the issue. She has 537 subscribers on Subscribestar. If she's able, she does owe them a heads up if she's going to go dark online for a prolonged period. Whether or not you interpret Patreon/Subscribestar subscriptions as a purchase or not, it is a form of tangible investment in someone's creative output. Once you have people investing in you in via a monthly subscription, you owe them a basic level of communication.

That said, people are human, and nobody's perfect. There could also be mitigating circumstances, or, at worst, Lain could be physically unable to update people. I'm not here to condemn her entirely for disappearing, but acting as if it's perfectly okay behavior when she has paying subscribers is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
Probably because the last time she went off the grid wasnt by choice, but because of the actions of certain individuals who were hellbent on ruining her.
There's always the chance that she's fallen ill since there's been this nasty "little" virus that's been running rampant for the past couple of years. Either hope for the best and give her time to reappear or learn to play the game without the mod.

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes